Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM

526 posts, read 692,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am no scientist just a basic knowledge but a huge respecter.
I have never thought the Neanderthals were anything but human, living, surviving with limited adaptive skills because of the stage of development of their brains. Possibly they were open for invasion by other humans stronger than they were because of their reasoning and adaptive skills. Have always been very interested in everything about early man as his reasoning skills evolved.
Neandertals had their own technology and upon meeting with the more advanced technology of the Homo sapiens sapiens they copied it. Their brains' volume was superior to ours and there are no indications they were inferior to us as regards intelligence.

One factor to be taken into consideration when investigating their extinction and the causes of it is that Neandertals were probably living in small communities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Institute of Evolutionary Biology
A group size of 12 individuals at El Sidron is consistent with a previous estimate of 8–10 individuals per Neandertal group, based on the size of sleeping and combustion activity areas in the long-occupied rock shelter of Abric Romaní (Barcelona, Spain).
Small groups would have been vulnerable to hostile invaders but not to contagious diseases (small groups would have great problems, however, in circling and catching fast running rabbits ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtango View Post
We do not know whether the Neandertals killed the victims themselves or not. Killing infants to eat them cannot be justified under any circumstances.
Hmmm....
Fat Bastard - Get In My Belly! - YouTube

Now, I STRONGLY recommend you scroll past the first part of this video out-take, which carries some really quite disgusting script language, to the time marker 1:20. But then,.... from that point on, it's all yours, dtango!

BTW, I'm pretty sure that our ancient cousins, living in caves with an almost continuous state of starvation, didn't quietly ponder the ethics of cannibalism at all. If hungry enough, like any opportunistic omnivore (like bears, for instance...) they'd have eaten whatever wandered by, and since their once-easy supply of wooly mammoths had begun to die out, and they didn't have the smarts or the dexterity of our later Cro-Magnon cousins to catch those little pesky wabbits, why then... their slow extinction due to an entire marketplace of reasons, was pretty much inevitable.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:12 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,892,327 times
Why is this topic in the Religion and Spirituality forum?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:33 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
Why is this topic in the Religion and Spirituality forum?
Perhaps I am the only one who sees it as such but I see it as a peaceful debate regarding Evolution, Intelligent Design and Creationism.

While it may appear to be a science related thread and it would be such in any other section, here it is open to theological and scientific views.

I feel this is the appropriate section even if it turns out some of us theists are not always anti scientific views.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Just two insignificant points - Cro-Magnons were not human cousins, but rather modern humans. The differences aren't big enough to put them into a different subspecies.

And humans cannot live by rabbits alone - they're too lean, they don't contain enough of the essential fatty acids to sustain life. They would develop a condition known as "rabbit starvation" and eventually die if fattier foods were not consumed.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
BTW, I'm pretty sure that our ancient cousins, living in caves with an almost continuous state of starvation, didn't quietly ponder the ethics of cannibalism at all. If hungry enough, like any opportunistic omnivore (like bears, for instance...) they'd have eaten whatever wandered by, and since their once-easy supply of wooly mammoths had begun to die out, and they didn't have the smarts or the dexterity of our later Cro-Magnon cousins to catch those little pesky wabbits, why then... their slow extinction due to an entire marketplace of reasons, was pretty much inevitable.

The Meteors - Eat The Baby - YouTube

Old 03-18-2013, 08:40 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,892,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Perhaps I am the only one who sees it as such but I see it as a peaceful debate regarding Evolution, Intelligent Design and Creationism.

While it may appear to be a science related thread and it would be such in any other section, here it is open to theological and scientific views.

I feel this is the appropriate section even if it turns out some of us theists are not always anti scientific views.
The topic is a scientific one which has nothing to do with belief in God/gods or spirituality.I don't disagree with it or agree for that matter. I know evolution is the natural process that all life goes through. I don't understand why topics like these are on the Religion and Spirituality forum.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Now, I STRONGLY recommend you scroll past the first part of this video out-take, which carries some really quite disgusting script language, to the time marker 1:20. But then,.... from that point on, it's all yours, dtango!
That is very nice of you but I happen not to understand spoken English as well as written English (I taught my self English by reading books not by dating English speaking girls ) and thus I do not watch videos without subtitles.
Quote:
Cro-Magnon were not our cousins. They were Neandertal-Hss hybrids; they were us!
Wooly Mammoths went extinct approximately 10,000 years ago when the climate in Europe was almost the same as it was 30,000 ago but the temperature was RISING not falling, as was the case 30,000 years ago.
Homo sapiens sapiens drove to extinction both Neandertals and the mammoths.

Cro-Magnons were eating rabbits probably because that was all they could catch as they were scared ****less of the mammoths.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
The topic is a scientific one which has nothing to do with belief in God/gods or spirituality.I don't disagree with it or agree for that matter. I know evolution is the natural process that all life goes through. I don't understand why topics like these are on the Religion and Spirituality forum.
Rifleman did very well in posting as he did. The Neandertals were the Nefilim of the Bible and the Israelites mentioned in the Bible were the Cro-Magnon-gods who exterminated the Near Eastern Neandertals.

The Frost-Giants on the Norse tradition were the North European Neandertals and the killer Aesir gods were the forefathers of the Germanic tribes.
The renowned Giants of the Greek mythology were the Neandertals of Southern Europe and the equally murdering gods of the Balkans and rest Europeans of the south were the forefathers of the lovely people inhabiting now the northern shores of the Mediterranean.

I expect that Rifleman will stop complaining that I am kidnapping his thread and will acknowledge the above.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:43 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
I can not speak for Rifleman, but I do know he has sufficient knowledge of science that if he had desired a pure scientific view he would have posted the thread in one of the Science oriented forums.

I also know he is intelligent enough to realize that by posting it in the Religion and spirituality forum he would be opening the door for the theological aspects to be discussed.

Speaking as a theist I find it interesting as I see it as a challenge to us theists. He has presented a scientific explanation for something some of us may have seen only from a theological view.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 03-19-2013 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality