Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 03:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior king View Post

I see AN hopes i will convert to atheism one day. And you folks claim to not be proselityzing! Self awareness is lacking here.
Naw, but it would be nice if you merely stopped and actually questioned the nonsense you defend like a pit bull with a pork chop. You are just a victim of decades of programming in religion, and there you will remain mired until and unless you question your programming.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:08 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Meanwhile Asheville conducts his/her own crusade on behalf of gay rights.
Come on boy, out with it, what are you trying to say? Put your cards on the table, let's see your true colors.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
We don't want war with your group. That is paranoia.

Tell me how you've been denied the right to be an atheist. I am curious. As far as I know Scientology is pretty weird and no one is stopping anyone from believing in it.

Politics and policies do not exist in a bubble. There are a myriad of influences. Religion is part of it, as is views on taxes, gun control, free trade, healtcjare, etc. No one gets to pick and choose what counts and what doesn't. People define that, en masse.

You will get respect when you display it. Most atheist posters here are quite rude and engage in name calling and insults of Christians/theists. This creates discord, not understanding, or respect, no matter the argument at hand.
If you can tell me how I said I was denied the right to be an Atheist, then I'll tell you how. Sometimes I wonder who it is you are talking to. It isn't me.

Like I said prior, over and over and over again. I don't need your personal respect, why would I need your personal respect. I will do my part in demanding I have a government that honors it's constitution regardless of your feelings was my point. Where all are respected and expected to honor the separation of church and state. The constitution is upheld by our government, not your God or anyone else's.

I agree with Christians in this country getting a free pass prior to now, minority groups are partly to blame for that, we stayed out of it, in the closet so to speak. But, we are ready to participate now, we've teamed up. We are coming out of that closet and I don't really care if you like it or not. I never asked you to like it. I just let you know there is nothing you can do about this fact.

Thankfully, you seem to have no problem with that. I'm glad to see you have an open mind and practice what you preach, but don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you too! Sometimes a bunch of small groups form and become a large group with a voice big enough to over ride the majority. That is happening now. I'm very happy for this right. I'm happy to finally right a wrong. Finally freedom to do and to NOT do something I have no belief in.

P.S. Before you assume I spend all of my time on this and it's my life's mission to get God off the dollar bill, I'd like you assure you, it only required some of my time. Not all of it. Atheists don't make atheism a lifestyle like people in religion. It only means we don't believe in God. It in no way requires a lifestyle or a life of dedication and example like religions do. Get that straight, would ya. Google it. Something.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,270,698 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality