Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:44 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,349,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You have students?!
Yes, he's teaching a class on how to get dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 07:47 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,349,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah and she wants to see you in your lord of the ring tightie whities.
What? No underroos?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,078,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Yes, he's teaching a class on how to get dates.
I need that Class-lol

Old 04-02-2010, 08:52 AM

174 posts, read 327,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Raena I'm only asking because she could have just thanked me face to face right? She went to hallmark and took time out to write this little note so I wasn't sure. That's why I ask, Never received anything like this before

Don't read more into it. It sounds like it was just her way of expressing her appreciation. Now perhaps you might ask yourself whether you were helping her out in the hopes of something more and then hopefully reading MORE into her gesture than it really is. Don't make a move, just wait to see what happens.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:32 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,129,324 times
Quote:
I been helping this female coworker who has been on the job about a month because she expressed to me how she hated public presentations. So I made the presentations for her by giving her tips through the week.

Today I arrive to work and I see in my mailbox. It was a card with "Sweet" on the front and the inside read

"I really appreciate you extending yourself this past week, it really means a lot to me. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement and it won't be forgotten."

Showing her appreciaton to me or possibly showing interest?
I suppose in "the world according to Solomon", she's showing interest. Why, oh why, can you not ever take anything at face value? The card says, "thank you for your help." That's what it means! There is not a sinister meaning behind every word, eye-blink, hand-gesture (no, not finger gesture), nod, and word. Somethings are just what they seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Surprise, surprise - some people are thoughtful and have manners.
Amen

Quote:
Yes, I help women who are 20-24 who were laid off or fired or dropped out of high school gain job search skills
I hope there is someone around to teach them grammar/spelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
Seriously, I send thank you cards to damn near everyone. Even if I could just say thanks face to face. It's just a nice gesture.

This girl doesn't want you, she just has manners.

Maybe she left the card because she DOESN'T want to talk to you face to face....now there's an idea...
Yeah, she's afraid he'll make it into something it isn't. So distance is best. She might have been warned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't pay attention to any one.
More advice to fall on deaf ears -- he NEVER pays attention to any one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
She was just being nice. Stop reading into everything. It's very annoying
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
Don't read more into it. It sounds like it was just her way of expressing her appreciation. Now perhaps you might ask yourself whether you were helping her out in the hopes of something more and then hopefully reading MORE into her gesture than it really is. Don't make a move, just wait to see what happens.
Right, don't make a move. But don't wait for more to happen. It is what is - Thank you. Now back the hell off!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:07 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,697,603 times
Quote:
I been helping this female coworker who has been on the job about a month because she expressed to me how she hated public presentations. So I made the presentations for her by giving her tips through the week.

Today I arrive to work and I see in my mailbox. It was a card with "Sweet" on the front and the inside read

"I really appreciate you extending yourself this past week, it really means a lot to me. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement and it won't be forgotten."

Showing her appreciaton to me or possibly showing interest?
Well I haven't read the rest of the thread, but in case someone hasn't pointed it out yet the word "Sweet" is a code in the S&M world. Or so I've been told.

I checked with someone that would know and the words "appreciate, extending, support, encouragement and forgotten" are codes as well.

The real message she is sending you is this:

"Turn up to my house wearing a bib and ladies white stockings with a $10 bill between your teeth. Bring zip ties, a can of Crisco and a riding cane. 8:30 PM tonight, be there"

That's what it means. I'd get busy and certainly sounds more fun that watching TV.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:13 AM

191 posts, read 350,119 times
Dear City Data:

The lady working the till at Starbucks this morning said hi to me. Does she want to have my babies??????

Sincerely, and with a heavy dose of sarcasm,

Ruiner.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,281,316 times
Why is it that whenever a woman does something nice for someone else, and that someone else happens to be male, that male thinks she wants him?

Seriously. Because I'm beginning to wonder if that's how some men think: They only do something nice for someone else when they want to get into that person's pants, so they think everyone is like that.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:29 AM

191 posts, read 350,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Seriously. Because I'm beginning to wonder if that's how some men think: They only do something nice for someone else when they want to get into that person's pants, so they think everyone is like that.
A lot do, I hear it all the time. And you can thank this ridiculous personality trait for being the foundation behind a lot of male jealousy.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,129,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well I haven't read the rest of the thread, but in case someone hasn't pointed it out yet the word "Sweet" is a code in the S&M world. Or so I've been told.

I checked with someone that would know and the words "appreciate, extending, support, encouragement and forgotten" are codes as well.

The real message she is sending you is this:

"Turn up to my house wearing a bib and ladies white stockings with a $10 bill between your teeth. Bring zip ties, a can of Crisco and a riding cane. 8:30 PM tonight, be there"

That's what it means. I'd get busy and certainly sounds more fun that watching TV.

PICs please!!

Please please please don't forget the ballgag - this is one case where it's definitely needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships