Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:21 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times

Advertisements

I semi dated an Albanian girl I met in Florida in a bar. We hung out about 4 or 5 months. Great girl. Educated, ambitious, religious, didnt drink much, waited for sex, etc. Etc.

I've met some other real good girls in clubs as well. If you are social its no biggy. Ive met some terrible girls in clubs. Ive slept with girls in the parking lots of clubs, outside the clubs, on the beach after the club, my house after the club. their house after the club.

If you are fun its not impossible. It's not easy but it can def happen. Biggest thing is stay away fron drunk girls you dont know. Only trouble. I don't talk to any girk noticeably drunk. You'll end up feeling responsible and babysitting them in no time.

I spent numerous nights babysitting a girl I just met because she told her friends she was going with me so they left. Just a terrible feeling. I hate bad drunks.

The hardest part is their friends letting you go home with the person. Typically if you win the friends over youre a pretty decent guy. If I meet a girl and we go home together I often exchange numbers with all her friends and give them my business card. That helps and its always good just in case.

I have good girl friends that are the same occasionally. They would call me from guys houses the next day to come get them. One time a good girl friend came and picked me up as well lol.

When I'm dating someone I dont like going out or drinking much. Typically people you meet in bars like to do that all the time, relationship or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 PM

13,647 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1for-the-road View Post
As we've evolved as a society, we've regressed socially. For every technological advancement we've made, we seemingly have taken a step backwards in terms of how we interact amongst ourselves.
Never mind the topic of nightclubs; I nominate the above-quoted fragment as the most poignant remark made on this Forum in recent memory!

The best place to meet women is no physical place, but the reach and bounty of one's social network. The best pickup line is the one requiring no utterance, but instead the unencumbered introduction made by a mutual friend. Ultimately, we meet each other not by approaching, not by duels or verbal sparring, but by being eased into something obvious by those to whom it is already obvious. Everything else is a gimmick and a fraud.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:26 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,099 times
Too expensive. Too loud. Too late at night. Too dark.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:00 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Yeah I notice this two...most girls seem either unwilling or too shy/uninterested to dance with you..there'll be a few exceptions, usually the extroverted and/or drunker gals. It's a shame there are so few avenues to meet people of the opposite sex and even clubs, a traditional pick-up place, are becoming more socially isolated. Cellphones also give people the opportunity to surround themselves in a tech bubble making it even harder to strike up random convos without feeling like you're intruding.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:21 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,647 times
If you visit ANY other place out of a club or a bar in the united states, you'll see women focused on their iphones or something else, other words - clubs and bars, going out at nights and involving alcohol is pretty much what vast majority of people in U.S. does for dating and meeting people and that's where 90% of people will meet each other.
Bars aren't that much different, it's just about the level of alcohol and noise which is somewhat lower.

There is not much difference between clubs and bars in overall and in the number of people willing to date in each of those, it's just that you should notice which people excluded any possibility for "finding someone" or "being found" by someone to date them that night. You don't go after those types and that's all.
Bottom line is, if you plan on meeting attractive (and young) people, clubs and bars are the place to go. Sad part is that lots of people will be the types that you can't stand being with, but that's what you get when such dating places are places drenched in alcohol late at night with loud music and a number of really trashy individuals.

Another alternative are places with lots of students, but be prepared to adapt to the atmosphere as well...

U.S. people don't really have the custom to seek for a date during the day or morning, and places like patisseries and small cafes are not really a friendly place to seek for a date, or it could be just my impression of the way people act where I resided. It could just be about bigger cities, I don't know. I've never even tried to date in such places in the U.S. because women in your local patisserie/cafe would generally be in the "do not disturb" mood and you can see it from afar. That is really a bad thing.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:59 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
U.S. people don't really have the custom to seek for a date during the day or morning, and places like patisseries and small cafes are not really a friendly place to seek for a date, or it could be just my impression of the way people act where I resided. It could just be about bigger cities, I don't know. I've never even tried to date in such places in the U.S. because women in your local patisserie/cafe would generally be in the "do not disturb" mood and you can see it from afar. That is really a bad thing.
This hasn't been my experience at all. There are cafes that are known as singles hangouts. Americans also meet through shared weekend activities, like hiking, or by working for political causes. Outdoor music concerts are also good, farmers' markets, any outdoor event.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:11 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't know anyone personally who began their long-term relationship in a bar or club. There are probably a few on the board, though. I can't hear myself think in those places, let alone try to have a real conversation with someone.
Julia, we obviously don't know each other. I started a 16-year one night stand in a dance club with the hat check girl.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:04 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Julia, we obviously don't know each other. I started a 16-year one night stand in a dance club with the hat check girl.
Lol at hat check.

Actually the coat/hat check counter is usually the only quiet place in a club/bar. And yeah I've flirted with them before but tend to keep it to a minimum since they get drunk guys ogling them all night.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,141 times
I've met girls in nightclubs, also been shot down a lot too, but that was likely me.

The last place I met a hot babe (she wasn't dressed hot, just natural) was at Home Depot. Yep. Was kind of hard to believe, but she was looking at some plumbing stuff for her place. I was able to lend a helping hand, wasn't really even trying for a date, but things just fell together pretty quick.

Since then, we've gone to clubs together, but a whole lot different to be there with a date, then on the prowl. Here's a good article about meeting chicks...

secretsofseduction101.com/the-third-shot-of-tequila-and-the-beautiful-woman

Old 09-02-2013, 02:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by showbizvet View Post
I've met girls in nightclubs, also been shot down a lot too, but that was likely me.

The last place I met a hot babe (she wasn't dressed hot, just natural) was at Home Depot. Yep. Was kind of hard to believe, but she was looking at some plumbing stuff for her place. I was able to lend a helping hand, wasn't really even trying for a date, but things just fell together pretty quick.

Since then, we've gone to clubs together, but a whole lot different to be there with a date, then on the prowl. Here's a good article about meeting chicks...

secretsofseduction101.com/the-third-shot-of-tequila-and-the-beautiful-woman
Secrets of Seduction?

hahahah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships