Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 02:25 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,883,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
If you're getting quotes of upwards of $2K, I'd spring for a tankless water heater. Would probably last you the rest of your life and save on energy bills. I've decided I'm going that route when my current water heater expires.

Just wait until you get cost estimates for going tankless because it starts at about $4500 and goes up from there. My water heater, stove, clothes dryer, and furnace are all gas appliances. For me to switch over to a gas tankless system they would have to replace my gas meter with a larger size and then put gas regulators on all of my existing gas appliances. That is in addition to the materials and labor costs for installing the tankless unit which requires busting a hole in the brick wall for venting. Electric tankless models require running a new electrical circuit to the breaker panel assuming your panel has available space for a new breaker and can support the electrical load of the tankless system. In the end it was more cost effective for me to just keep my gas hot water tank because the ROI for going tankless just wasn't there for my home and our minimal hot water requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary