Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:50 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I really believe that Wegmans will be an east coast chain.
While most people outside of the northeast/mid-Atlantic hear about this "mythical" Wegmans every year, usually from Consumer Reports as one of the best places to work and buy groceries, I also agree with your predication that they want to stay east (at least for the foreseeable future) and most likely focus on where people from upstate New York (Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse) go to retire or relocate for work, namely North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 10:33 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
While most people outside of the northeast/mid-Atlantic hear about this "mythical" Wegmans every year, usually from Consumer Reports as one of the best places to work and buy groceries, I also agree with your predication that they want to stay east (at least for the foreseeable future) and most likely focus on where people from upstate New York (Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse) go to retire or relocate for work, namely North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida.
Just looking at the premade food menus gives me that impression. I say that as a native of the Midwest. I moved to the MidAtlantic as a teenager. I still have cousins in the Midwest & contact with a childhood friend. There is little difference in the ethnic foods that are popular here & Philadelphia /Baltimore. When I mention most of them to people in the Midwest they frequently don't compute. These are the foods on the Wegmans menus. They have a winning formula on the east coast. Why mess with success? That's another reason that I don't see them building too much between North Carolina & Florida. They can easily build a 2nd distribution center in Virginia, but they need that before they open stores beyond the Triangle & Triad.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:14 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
"comming" - Obsolete spelling of coming - Just saying.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:09 AM

748 posts, read 1,375,366 times
Wegmans with a tequila bar!

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...day/549404002/

Old 04-27-2018, 08:21 AM
rfb rfb started this thread

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
"comming" - Obsolete spelling of coming - Just saying.
Thanks for the spell check

Old 04-28-2018, 06:25 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
The overcrowded, dangerous area near the 440 has been tweaked by DOT and has only become more crowded and unsafe.

Adding these new stores will result in total gridlock and more wrecks than a fleet of towtrucks can pull away.

What was the city thinking when approving this construction?
LOL you may not be wrong on this count. My parents use the East Ave Wegmans and traffic and accidents at that store are pretty out of the ordinary.

East Avenue Wegmans adds new barrier to change parking lot traffic | WHAM

Old 04-28-2018, 06:31 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Hopefully, Wegmans will keep their excellent ratings in Consumer Reports when they hire new crews in this area at possibly lower salaries from being a right to work (for less) state.
Wegmans is a non union grocery store. Upstate NY, salaries are very modest.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:52 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
I, for one, am so delighted, tickled even, to see the area designated as "Midtown East!"

That should make it all OK.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:45 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficSys View Post
They’re scouting sites in Mecklenburg County.
That would seem the next logical move after establishing in the Triangle. There are many Mid Atlantic and Northeastern transplants in the Charlotte region.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:23 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
That would seem the next logical move after establishing in the Triangle. There are many Mid Atlantic and Northeastern transplants in the Charlotte region.
True, but, unless they establish a 2nd distribution center quickly, I think that they'll go to the I 85 corridor of the Triad next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary