Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The nearest "beach" is actually in Port Charlotte...but, um, they have a pool right there. The water is nasty...filled with seaweed.

Englewood or Boca Grande...if you want to remain in the county. Venice has a beach...not sure exactly WHERE Siesta Key beach is.
TKramar,

Thanks we are going to day trip around a little bit while we visit, and will check them out. You should google it, and then visit it if you like beaches. We went there a couple years ago, and it was rated one of the top 5 beaches in Florida.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:55 AM

74 posts, read 347,220 times
Can anyone living in the PG, N.P. or P.C. area advise what utilities, specifically electric would be on average for a 2000 sf home? thankyou

Old 06-05-2008, 11:46 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetGI View Post
Can anyone living in the PG, N.P. or P.C. area advise what utilities, specifically electric would be on average for a 2000 sf home? thankyou
My home is 2127 of air conditioned space. I live in North Port and my bill dated June 6 was $142. We keep our A/C at 81 degrees. It's a comfortable temperature to me but then again I'm a native Floridian and quite used to the heat.

We don't really have a water bill because we are on well. It's $35 per month to have the water guy come out and put salt in. Then every six months they scrub the tank out and change the filters and think that runs right around $100.

Direct Tv runs $95 per month but we have a lot of channels, HBO and three additional rooms added on. Then I have Comcast for the internet, that's $43 and our home phone is Comcast as well which runs us $50 per month.

My cell phone is through AlTell and is a lot each month because I use it mostly for business.

If there's anything else you need in the way of figures just post it and I can probably come up with a figure.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 06-05-2008 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
lol...I'm not really into the beach! I haven't been swimming since boot camp either.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:14 PM

34 posts, read 111,608 times
Default Hidden treasure

I live in a very nice, out-of-the-way community that affords an easy commute to Cape Coral or Ft. Myers, yet still pay lower Charlotte County taxes. The area is called Burnt Store Village and is located about 7 miles down from the Burnt Store Rd. and Tamiami Trail intersection. It is close to Burnt Store Marina for boating, restaurant with live music, and hotel, and down the road (Burnt Store Rd.) from Home Depot, Publix, Dollar General, and a bit further up is the new Super Wal-Mart. BSV is sparsely populated by mostly newer homes, yet prices have come down to be very reasonable for what you get. There are more and more families with kids moving in along with the retirees and we have an active Community Development board that sponsors BSV events such as potluck dinners to get to know your neighbors held at the community park & gazebo and meetings for all the Property Owners Assoc. (yes, there are deed restrictions). The area is quiet, safe, comfortable and within 5 min. to Cape Coral or North Ft. Myers or Punta Gorda (Rt. 41). Is is considered part of PGI. It is a growing area that has hit a snag with the current economic slump, but eventually, as do all cycles, it will rebound as The Loop nears construction next year. (The Loop is to be located near the new Wal-Mart and have numerous shops, restaurants, a large theater, etc.). I love living here, but may have to relocate due to the poor job prospects in the SWFL area. If you are looking to buy... check out Burnt Store Village... nice community with nice neighbors (for the most part... of course I ended up with the one nutcase in the area next to me LOL!)... good bargain and investment IMHO. Lower taxes than Lee and Sarasota counties too!

Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 AM

I will be arriving tomorrow. I have had a lot of people on this board offer a tremendous amount of advice, help, and suggestions. This has been a very good resource for information. I am glad I found it. One member is helping me out over the weekend.

I will be going through the area you suggested over the weekend and checking it out. I have been exploring the entire area over the last couple of months via the computer. This will be a great trip especially if I run into a few of the helpful (and annonomous) people I have talked to on this board. In any case I know I will meet some great people and enjoy visiting many of the places I have been reading about.

Thanks, for the help.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:47 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tishpit View Post
I live in a very nice, out-of-the-way community that affords an easy commute to Cape Coral or Ft. Myers, yet still pay lower Charlotte County taxes. The area is called Burnt Store Village and is located about 7 miles down from the Burnt Store Rd. and Tamiami Trail intersection. It is close to Burnt Store Marina for boating, restaurant with live music, and hotel, and down the road (Burnt Store Rd.) from Home Depot, Publix, Dollar General, and a bit further up is the new Super Wal-Mart. BSV is sparsely populated by mostly newer homes, yet prices have come down to be very reasonable for what you get. There are more and more families with kids moving in along with the retirees and we have an active Community Development board that sponsors BSV events such as potluck dinners to get to know your neighbors held at the community park & gazebo and meetings for all the Property Owners Assoc. (yes, there are deed restrictions). The area is quiet, safe, comfortable and within 5 min. to Cape Coral or North Ft. Myers or Punta Gorda (Rt. 41). Is is considered part of PGI. It is a growing area that has hit a snag with the current economic slump, but eventually, as do all cycles, it will rebound as The Loop nears construction next year. (The Loop is to be located near the new Wal-Mart and have numerous shops, restaurants, a large theater, etc.). I love living here, but may have to relocate due to the poor job prospects in the SWFL area. If you are looking to buy... check out Burnt Store Village... nice community with nice neighbors (for the most part... of course I ended up with the one nutcase in the area next to me LOL!)... good bargain and investment IMHO. Lower taxes than Lee and Sarasota counties too!
They did open up a new Wal-Mart? I know there had been talk of that, and talk of expanding the original one...what happened to the "old" building by Walgreen's?

Old 06-18-2008, 02:47 PM

34 posts, read 111,608 times
Default Wally World

The old Wal-Mart building next to Walgreens is now empty. I read a while back it was to be a new motorcycle shop, but haven't seen anything happen as of yet. Was hoping for a nice little Target or Office Max or even a nice indoor flea market. We'll have to wait and see. The new Super Wal-Mart is not far... just go up Burnt Store Rd., cross 41 and it turns into Jones Loop Rd. About 1/2 mile up on the right. Nice store! Also fast food near-by as well as some fairly low priced gas stations. Usually cheaper than those on 41 in PG.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They did open up a new Wal-Mart? I know there had been talk of that, and talk of expanding the original one...what happened to the "old" building by Walgreen's?
They opened a new Super Wal-Mart. We stopped by on our visit, and bought a digital camera. The new store is much nicer than the new Super Wal-Mart they opened in our area up here.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 AM

Breifly about my trip. . .

I just got back to work - here in Maryland. I didn't want to leave.

The weather, tropical paradise, plants, trees, flowers and fauna were awesome!

We had a really nice trip, and met some really nice people.

We checked out a lot of houses - our Agent and company did a great job setting things up and showing us around the area! !. They are truly first class, knowledgeable, and spend the time to search things out so you get you accurate information.

We loved the small town feel of Punta Gorda. The proximity to other areas / shopping / restaurants / parks / things to do / is good. We visited a lot of them while we were there, and hope to continue to explore everything further soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte