Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 06:16 PM

40 posts, read 43,780 times

Advertisements

Oh, and back to the thread topic, I guess everyone will have to see how the resort effects the economy, the crowding, the stores/restaurants, etc... I thing it could go either way. Obviously, the regular folks aren't going to be able to afford them though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 02:19 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Thanks....not familiar with the area , just looking at over 55 communities that we would like to visit, on out trip to fl
Some 55+ communities in the area that are not mobile homes: Cypress Falls, Foxwood, Kings Gate, Park Forest, Rio Villa Lakes, Park Place Estates, Venetian Falls.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:26 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Some up on Toledo Blade, such as Bobcat, etc.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:43 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Some 55+ communities in the area that are not mobile homes: Cypress Falls, Foxwood, Kings Gate, Park Forest, Rio Villa Lakes, Park Place Estates, Venetian Falls.
Thanks! We have interest in Kings Gate....seems to have a lot of activities, which would be important to us. Hubby loves bocce. Will check out the others

Old 11-13-2017, 07:50 PM

121 posts, read 148,489 times
I signed up on their website as an interested buyer and just recently received the following email:

"Dear XXXXX,

I am writing today to personally thank you for your interest in the first-ever Sunseeker Resort, planned for Port Charlotte, Florida. This is a truly special project, and I can tell you based on my 30+ years in the hospitality industry building world-class resorts, that there is simply no other resort like it - anywhere.

The interest we've received in this project has been nothing less than overwhelming - including more than 6,600 inquiries from the US, as well as from Canada, Mexico, Brazil and as far away as the United Kingdom! Our team couldn't be more excited about the response, and what that says about the uniqueness of the resort and its features.

I'm very excited to announce the Prospective Buyer Qualification Program to those who - like you - were among the first to express interest in Sunseeker Resort. As part of the Prospective Buyer Qualification Program, you will be sent the Reservation Agreement and deposit instructions via Docusign email. Both the Reservation Agreement and $5,000 fully-refundable deposit are required to secure a chance to purchase a unit once they become available for sale. Due to anticipated demand the Prospective Buyer Qualification Program will be limited to 2,700 prospective buyers. Once we've reached 2,700 prospective buyers, all others will be placed on the waiting list. Reservations are non-binding expressions of interest and are not an offering of the condo units at Sunseeker Resort, which cannot take place until standard regulatory requirements are completed.

So how will this all work? Because you expressed your personal interest in Sunseeker Resort early, on November 5th you will receive a special registration packet via Docusign email. It outlines how signing a Reservation Agreement and making a fully-refundable deposit of $5,000 is the first step towards ownership at Sunseeker Resort. Of course, it regrettably also requires your patience in wading through pages of lawyer-mandated legal language - so for that, I do apologize.

For those of you that would like to skip past the Prospective Buyer Qualification Program all together and go directly to purchasing a condo unit, I regretfully inform you that both Florida's and your State's registration requirements prevent us from moving into a purchase agreement with you at this time. Once all requirements in Florida and your State are satisfied and Sunseeker Resort is ready to begin offering condo units for sale, we will begin doing so but only to those first 2,700 prospective buyers.

It should be noted that we will not be using brokers or outside services (or any of the typical pressure tactics people hate) for sales - so the Prospective Buyer Qualification Program will be your single path to future ownership at Sunseeker Resort.

This exclusive early opportunity to sign a Reservation Agreement and secure your place in line will be open only through Monday, November 20 - so you'll want to act quickly to secure your spot. On November 20, we plan to open reservations to the public, and introduce Sunseeker Resort's architect and builder.

If you're getting the impression that we intend to move this project forward quickly, you're absolutely correct. But you're probably also wondering (and rightly so) how we can expect you to confirm your interest with so many key details like unit pricing, floorplans, interior designs, furnishings - even the number of units within the resort - yet to be announced? The answer is in the flyover video and the renderings you've seen on the website. It's in the fact that we already have nearly 10 potential owners interested for every one unit described in the initial plan. It's in the boardwalk, the restaurants, the entertainment and North America's largest resort pool winding through the property. For this one-of-a-kind resort, we're presenting a one-of-a-kind opportunity.

But what about those unanswered questions? Securing a place in line will put you in Sunseeker's inner circle, and you will be the first to learn about each new development with the project.

I want to thank you again - so much - for your interest in this exciting project. I look forward to welcoming you to the Sunseeker family soon!

All the best,

John Redmond, President

PS - With the extraordinary demand we've already seen, you'll want to act quickly. But please don't worry if you end up on the wait list, as an expansion of the resort plan may be explored."

Old 11-13-2017, 09:45 PM

133 posts, read 172,320 times
All I can say is I can’t wait to sell my foreclosure in PC and move back to Venice

Old 11-14-2017, 03:25 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
10 buyers for every unit. Send your money now. I just cut a check, can't wait.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:37 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
6600 enquires / "10 for every unit" = 660

"we are taking 2700 deposits @ $5000" !!!!!!

2700x5000 = $13.50 million

now does anyone see what I can see ????????????????????????????

Old 11-14-2017, 05:47 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Wonder what ROI the developer can get on that deposit money?

What is more interesting is that they are doing everything in-house, no outside input. Which means they will also have the financing lined up internally. No second guessing by outside agents, appraisers. Captive buyers, not a good thing.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:03 AM

207 posts, read 260,668 times
Sending my check today for 8 units. With that much demand I am figuring to at least 4X my deposit within the year by reselling my spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte