Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 01:54 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbl39 View Post
Come to my house. In our canal we regularly see Wally (15ft) Ally his wife(12ft), Tail, their son(9ft) Insti, their daughter (5ft) and Navi(3ft) their other son on a regular basis. Altho I will have to say it has been a few weeks.

I would enjoy the views from your house, Trbl. I have been down here for quite a while and am still fascinated by the alligators. Give them a lot of space, but enjoy checking them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 AM

Yesterday we met a couple at a neighborhood party who live in Eagle Point, a development off of Burnt Store Rd. in Punta Gorda. They told of two large alligators who sun by their neighborhood pond daily in the cooler weather.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Earlier this week and all of last week while it was cooler, the retention basin behind our local Publix had about a 6 foot alligator out sunning. He worked his way along the Eastern perimeter and could be seen daily till the weather warmed up again.
He is back....

Old 12-08-2013, 02:21 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,631,029 times
Quote:
He is back....
What Publix?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:53 AM

41 & Burnt Store Rd.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
41 & Burnt Store Rd.
I just looked on Google earth... That's a good sized pond
Does he usually sun in the same place or do you need to look around

Gary

Old 12-09-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
I just looked on Google earth... That's a good sized pond
Does he usually sun in the same place or do you need to look around

Gary
Actually there may be two now. The other day I was looking at one sunning himself in a new place and realized he looked about 2 feet longer than what I was used to. He was on the North end of the pond (if you figure winding old 41 runs North and South and are using Google Earth it should make sense) This one appeared to be about 7 feet long where the first one that I got much closer to was about 5 and a half feet.

The original guy tends to sun himself at the other end but on the East side of the pond behind the actual Publix. You can get close to him from your car.

So if you are coming from Home Depot pull up to the parking places where the gate to the pond (South end) fencing is and try to spot them from there. Just remember that the fencing is old and they can get under it at quite a few points around the pond.

Hope I have not over explained all this.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:

Actually there may be two now. The other day I was looking at one sunning himself in a new place and realized he looked about 2 feet longer than what I was used to. He was on the North end of the pond (if you figure winding old 41 runs North and South and are using Google Earth it should make sense) This one appeared to be about 7 feet long where the first one that I got much closer to was about 5 and a half feet.

The original guy tends to sun himself at the other end but on the East side of the pond behind the actual Publix. You can get close to him from your car.

So if you are coming from Home Depot pull up to the parking places where the gate to the pond (South end) fencing is and try to spot them from there. Just remember that the fencing is old and they can get under it at quite a few points around the pond.

Hope I have not over explained all this.
I think I will take a ride over there on Sunday, it looks like the best parking would be in the side lot near the Subway.

If I get any picks I'll post them up

Gary

Old 12-10-2013, 05:51 PM

Gary, you can pretty much see if either one is there from your car then decide which end to park on.

There are parking places on the Home Depot end that are right at the fence around the pond. That is where I start looking every day. Nothing today except other humans looking. Will let you know when I see something. I think once it gets really cold it will be daily.

I ride behind the shopping center most days as it is a common traffic pattern around here.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Gary, you can pretty much see if either one is there from your car then decide which end to park on.

There are parking places on the Home Depot end that are right at the fence around the pond. That is where I start looking every day. Nothing today except other humans looking. Will let you know when I see something. I think once it gets really cold it will be daily.

I ride behind the shopping center most days as it is a common traffic pattern around here.
I'm in the shopping center all of the time but have never been around back

Thanks Gay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte