Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 06:06 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL dreaming View Post
You've got to half nuts to swim in fresh water where gators are known to be present.
Well i guess he is now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 10:38 AM

4,848 posts, read 2,665,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Well i guess he is now
lol..for those that don't know, the guy lost a couple of fingers? I think and one of his testicles..poor bastid..good one sea ray..

Old 11-25-2017, 12:22 PM

463 posts, read 866,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Couldn't agree more! I do not understand why people take chances where a gator may be
Ever cruise up the peace river and see the rope swings. I have seen kids swinging and swimming at night. I have also seen gators all over that area

Old 11-25-2017, 02:07 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
Ever cruise up the peace river and see the rope swings. I have seen kids swinging and swimming at night. I have also seen gators all over that area
Oh yeah, all the time. Can’t imagine why someone would want to party there lol

Old 01-15-2018, 09:45 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,496 times
Default Alligator battles python on Florida golf course

Alligator battles python on Florida golf course

https://media.local10.com/photo/2018...617_ver1.0.jpg (PICTURE)

NAPLES, Fla. - Florida golf courses are known to be some of the most difficult in the U.S., but the most dangerous?

A group playing at the Golf Club at Fiddler's Creek in Naples on Friday ran into an interesting hazard on the 10th hole.

A serious hazard.

An alligator and Burmese python were locked in battle while golfers played nearby. While the snake was twisted around the gator, the python's tail was sitting right in the alligator's mouth.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:02 PM

306 posts, read 390,800 times
Default Go gator!

I hope the alligator won!

Old 01-16-2018, 05:45 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
Pretty sure it did. Gator had the python's head in his mouth. Chomp, chomp.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Pretty sure it did. Gator had the python's head in his mouth. Chomp, chomp.
Several golfers in Naples on Friday had their games interrupted by an unusual, yet very Florida, sight: a python wrapped around an alligator with its head in the gator's mouth.

Richard Nadler was among several golfers to post photos and videos of the encounter at The Golf Club at Fiddler's Creek on social media.

"'Wild' day on the 10th hole today!" Nadler posted along with several photos of the pair next to a lake. "That's a an alligator and a Burmese python entwined. The alligator seems to have the upper hand."

Several witnesses said they saw the alligator eventually drag the snake into the water, WILX-TV reported. Security personnel from the club were on hand to make sure no one got too close to the animals.

Florida golfers find python wrapped around alligator on 10th hole - Orlando Sentinel

TV News Story:

Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM

78 posts, read 110,690 times
Birdie? Eagle?

--No, Gator and a Python though!

Old 06-08-2018, 05:14 PM

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - The Latest on a report of a woman dragged into a Florida pond by an alligator (all times local):

6:15 p.m.

Authorities have identified a woman who they say was bitten and probably killed by an alligator while she was out walking her dogs next to a Florida lake.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said in a statement that a necropsy of the reptile Friday produced evidence "that indicates the victim ... was bitten by the alligator."

The statement went on to say that officials believe 47-year-old Shizuka Matsuki was killed "and we will continue recovery efforts."

Davie Police Detective Viviana Gallinal says a witness told authorities he saw the woman walking two dogs and then noticed the dogs alone, barking near the water. One of the dogs had a fresh injury.

Gallinal said trappers had seen a 12-foot (3.5-meter) alligator and residents said they've also noticed a large gator in the area recently.

Davie is located just West of Ft. Lauderdale. However it is a reminder to everyone to use caution with alligators.

The below link Has more info on the event. Video of gator that they found the woman's arm in it's stomach. As of this date they still have not located her body.

https://www.local10.com/news/florida...ligator-attack

Last edited by the searchers; 06-08-2018 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: update info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte