Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 04:36 AM
Xil

118 posts, read 274,192 times

Advertisements

Won an hour-long massage (one of the door prizes at a work Christmas party). Can't decide which day to schedule it on or which type I want (deep tissue, relaxation, acupressure, polarity, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 07:08 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have problems deciding which bedroom to sleep in. The upstairs bedroom is more comfortable, but the TV in the downstairs one is already on the channel I want to watch.
Well, you could try moving your upstairs bed down to your first-floor bedroom. Or maybe move the TV up to your upstairs bedroom. Off hand, I can't think of any other way to solve this problem.

(Of course, if your upstairs TV is set to a channel that you'll want to watch later, you'll have to do all this over again. Oh, forget it, I can't help you . . . )

Old 01-12-2016, 07:12 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
You think you've got problems? I have to push that lever thingie, then press 3 buttons, to select water level, temp,air/heat dry....to exert that much mental power just to wash dishes
I used to have a dishwasher with the lever thingie and the buttons. It was so primitively barbaric that I just had the cat lick the dishes clean.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'm panicking because I don't know kind of mouthwash am I supposed to buy when there are dozens of choices?
It's interesting you mentioned that. I have a book called The Paradox of Choice. It's about how Americans are so overwhelmed with choices that they can't decide a lot of times, so they often end up not deciding at all, or making a decision contrary to their best interest.

For example, I work in an optical. When a patient comes up wanting to buy glasses, I do my best to help them narrow down their frame selection quickly and easily from among the hundreds we have. The purpose of this is to keep them from feeling overwhelmed and help them decide without getting frazzled or upset. So I ask them questions such as: "Do you want plastic or metal? Do you want large or small? and What color do you like?" They tell me their preferences from their answers to these questions, try several on based on their answers, then their favorites are selected and set aside.

After we have selected four or five, I suggest they stop looking, sit down at our table, and try one on, then the next. Then I ask them which of the two they like best, they eliminate one, then we go on to frame #3, and they choose from #3 and the #2 that they already selected. It's a much better process than them wandering around aimlessly trying to choose from a dizzying array of 300 frames. It doesn't always work, but it usually does, and the patient is very satisfied with this method in most cases.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:20 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
If you all think you have it bad, I went to a new giant wine store during the holidays, to find a bottle of pinot noir to gift to a friend, it was horrible! Rows of chardonnays, rows of Merlot, rows of burgandys, rows of Shiraz, rows of pinot grigio, rows of Cabernet, wines from Argentina, wines from California, wines from France, Italy, Spain, Austrailia, South Africa, wines for $3 a bottle all the way up to $$$$$ a bottle. As I was just about to faint from anxiety, a kindly store clerk gently calmed me down and directed me to an aisle of pinot noirs, I think I mumbled something about a gift and sort of how much I wanted to spend, he then pointed out a bottle and said it was good, then he handed me a optional gift box, then sort of pushed, guided me towards the long lines and checkout, said to hang in there and everything would be OK and left. Was that Santa? I made it out, but I think I'm going to need therapy. You know, third world countries probably only have wine stores with one aisle of wine, they don't know how lucky they are.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:19 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Not sure which girlfriend I want to spend Christmas with this year.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:40 AM

258 posts, read 347,252 times
I sat down for a poop and then realized I had forgotten my cellphone.
It was the most terrifying 5 minutes I have ever spent.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:45 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Had to drive all the way to Kona to get our toy poodle's teeth cleaned. Then back again a week later.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:56 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
My work is sending me to Hawaii to attend a conference but I have to catch a 7:00 AM flight home the morning after the banquet with an open bar.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:13 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
We are planning to drive our Winnebago down to Texas for a few days. But have to delay it. It has a flat tire and I have to call the garage to send somebody out to fix it.

In the mean time I have to stay indoors because the outside looks like this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology