Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for NFL MVP 2023?
Dak Prescott (QB) 2 7.41%
Christian McCaffrey (RB) 7 25.93%
CJ Stroud (QB) 4 14.81%
Tyreek Hill (WR) 7 25.93%
Jalen Hurts (QB) 3 11.11%
other 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 06:56 AM

199 posts, read 64,185 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this is too early but we could aways come back to it.

Anyway, I've been hearing a debate as to who should win the award this year; should it be a non-quarterback for the first time in history or will the status quo remain the same based on statistical data and team success?

So I ask again: Who would you vote for NFL MVP in 2023?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2023, 07:07 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,614,526 times
I'd like this year to be the one it doesn't go to a QB. For the record, AR won 2 yrs. in a row where I thought that was debatable. It was obvious when he did his thank you, didn't mention team or coaches at all.

I bet Chiefs wish they had Hill right now, with their offensive struggles, Miami loves him, of course.

Old 12-05-2023, 07:09 AM

199 posts, read 64,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'd like this year to be the one it doesn't go to a QB. For the record, AR won 2 yrs. in a row where I thought that was debatable. It was obvious when he did his thank you, didn't mention team or coaches at all.

I bet Chiefs wish they had Hill right now, with their offensive struggles, Miami loves him, of course.
That's where I'm at too. I do think Tyreek needs to break Calvin Johnson's record of 1,964 yards in a single-season to be considered tho.

Old 12-05-2023, 07:51 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,727,010 times
If voting today, I’d pick Dak Prescott. He really helped his case with that win over the Seahawks. If Tyreek breaks the yards record and the Dolphins win the AFC East, I think you have to give it to him.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:46 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,803,077 times
I think CJ Stroud was the most valuable to his team.

The Texans were a mess last year, and he turned that team around.

This rookie is leading the league in yards.
He holds the record for most yards by a rookie in a game
He is tied for most Touchdowns in a game by a rookie.

There is no way that the Texans would be in playoff consideration without Stroud. I don't think any of the others on the poll can claim as much credit. He is the definition of most value.

Prescott,Hurts, McCaffrey, Hill are all excellent pieces in well oiled machine. Stroud however is making do with what he's got, and doing phenomenally at it.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:50 AM

19,020 posts, read 14,193,756 times
[Expression of dismay] I pretty much ignored this season. What happened?

Old 12-05-2023, 12:53 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I think CJ Stroud was the most valuable to his team.

The Texans were a mess last year, and he turned that team around.

This rookie is leading the league in yards.
He holds the record for most yards by a rookie in a game
He is tied for most Touchdowns in a game by a rookie.

There is no way that the Texans would be in playoff consideration without Stroud. I don't think any of the others on the poll can claim as much credit. He is the definition of most value.

Prescott,Hurts, McCaffrey, Hill are all excellent pieces in well oiled machine. Stroud however is making do with what he's got, and doing phenomenally at it.
I’d have no issue with Stroud winning it. Only thing I would be able to say against him would be the team’s record being the worst of all the front runners. But that could be easily turned around by voting time.

Old 12-05-2023, 02:13 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,803,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I’d have no issue with Stroud winning it. Only thing I would be able to say against him would be the team’s record being the worst of all the front runners. But that could be easily turned around by voting time.
Yeah, but how much of the team record is due to those guys in the running? Like I said, all these other teams are more well rounded. I am looking at it from the point of view of the value to the team, not the value of the team itself.

For example, Hurts level of play right now, on a squad like the Texans would probably not be in playoff contention.

Dak is running on all cylinders, but he has plenty of weapons around him in the cowboys.

Tyreek Hill is looking good, but Tua and Co has a lot to do with the Fins record.

Most of these guys are shining among elite teams. CJ is shining in a Team that was thrown together a few months ago.

Hurts is doing his job, but the only thing lending weight to MVP talk around him is the expectation of the Eagles to return to the SB.

If Prescott continues at his current level of play and the girls make it to the SB then MVP talk around him is well deserved.

I think if Stroud somehow gets the Texans passed the WC game he would make a good argument.

Look at it this way. All these teams were in the Playoffs last year except the Texans. Are any of them bringing added value this year that they didn't have last year? The Texans were the worst team last year and a ton of the value increase this year can be attributed to Stroud.

Old 12-05-2023, 03:48 PM

202 posts, read 147,575 times
Give me Run CMC, but that's going to be tough because he's on such a talented team. Tyreek certainly deserves it, but I just can't vote for him because I really, really don't like him as a person.

Old 12-05-2023, 03:57 PM

1,063 posts, read 906,736 times
Joe Flacco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football