Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 08:10 PM

997 posts, read 551,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
I know Sacramento very well, loved going up to the mountains on highway 50.

Prescott is indeed far too big nowadays. Yesterday driving on the main road through the valley it was bumper to bumper as far as the eye could see. As soon as that light turns green everyone drives like Mario Andretti with a hangover. Go to the bank to cash a check and nineteen people are line. I helped a friend put up a little home depot shed in his backyard and his neighbor called the county and the HOA. Take my dog to the lynx lake and broken glass and fishing hooks are all over the shoreline. Prescott is turning into an overpriced dump.

Personally if I were an older cat who wanted that Desert Life...I'd be looking at a smaller town in NM.
The crowedeness has indeed gotten out of hand, particularly on summer weekends when half of phoenix is up there trying to escape the heat (and about 1/4 of those are on motorcycles with little or no baffling). Dont say it's dump though, it's still very pretty and has temperate weather.

The city planning and zoning needs to start planning ahead for growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 07:46 PM

354 posts, read 417,254 times
I do not want to sound like Debbie Downer but this tri-town area, has had no plans for growth. Reminds me of California, if there is vacant land, build!! The traffic in PV with all of the thousands of apartments and condos they are building, it will be one big traffic jam.

Old 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM

3,143 posts, read 1,029,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
More like the entire US is becoming unaffordable. We need to establish laws that prevent hedge funds, corporations and foreign investors purchasing hordes of housing in the country. Make housing affordable again!
Yes.

I'm in Southern California and we tried many times (my husband and I) to buy something here, a townhouse, small, decent, in a quiet neighborhood in Orange County. It was impossible. Eleven years ago we offered $ 300 000 for a small house like I described above but a Chinese family came and paid cash for it. We and the other potential buyers had no chance. This happened a few times. Only one time we were close to buying something but the bank changed its mind at the last moment and said that it will not sell that house anymore. They just wanted more for it.

After some time we gave up. Now the prices are way too high here, it's unbelievable. Almost double compared to eleven years ago. Plus the crazy laws that appear overnight here in CA. I'm not OK for our taxes that we pay here to be used for demented causes. Not OK with that at all.

We have to move to a more affordable state. And we will. We just don't know where yet. I'm looking at Prescott AZ, Reno NV, North Texas, Indiana etc.

The situation is not great for so many people now...

Old Today, 01:33 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,309,729 times
Every single Western state has become unaffordable in the desirable areas due to greed otherwise known as supply and demand. ( hyperbole yes, )

Old Today, 01:36 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,309,729 times
we need a revolution from the have-nots, gather up your pitchforks and torches but don't be violent just walk around with pitchforks and torches and signs that say we are not going to buy your houses anymore ! we cant anyway....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott