Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 12:30 AM

979 posts, read 538,618 times

Advertisements

I like The Raven Cafe for burgers, good beer and good live music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 09:07 AM

5 posts, read 5,974 times
Wanted to provide a bit of an update. Thank you for the great suggestions.

We had a few beers at AD Astra. It’s a bar with tasty beers .

Ate dinner at Papas Italian. Standard American Italian. Ridiculously huge portions. Great price and food tasted good.

We did lunch at Park Plaza Liquor. Great porchetta sandwich. Only ate half have the rest for lunch today .

Dinner at Farm provisions . It was very good no complaints . They were turning away walk ins on a Sunday night. Place was packed.

Today is a salad day. One thing about travel it’s easy to get caught up in the rich food.

El Gato will be tomorrow or Wednesday

Great town in Prescott. You have great grocery stores compared to where we live.

Next time we come will definitely rent a place with a kitchen.

Old 04-03-2023, 04:37 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Do you have any craving for Chinese food? There is W & Z Asian Bistro off Hwy 69 in PV near Ross or one closer in Prescott on Miller Valley Rd. Also Canton Dragon is great, they're off Center Ct and E Pav Way. Check them out if you have time.

Old 04-04-2023, 10:50 AM

983 posts, read 514,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Do you have any craving for Chinese food? There is W & Z Asian Bistro off Hwy 69 in PV near Ross or one closer in Prescott on Miller Valley Rd. Also Canton Dragon is great, they're off Center Ct and E Pav Way. Check them out if you have time.
The Canton Dragon in PV may be good (havent tried it yet) but my wife and I ate at the Canton Dragon in Prescott last week on a weekday for lunch. Only customers in the place.

Big portions yes, but very marginal quality (in our opinion). YMMV.......

Old 04-04-2023, 11:32 AM

558 posts, read 970,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
The Canton Dragon in PV may be good (havent tried it yet) but my wife and I ate at the Canton Dragon in Prescott last week on a weekday for lunch. Only customers in the place.

Big portions yes, but very marginal quality (in our opinion). YMMV.......
It's classic 1950's American Chinese food. Chop Suey, really?

That said, if you drill down into the menu there are some good items like Salt & Pepper Shrimp.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:16 PM

983 posts, read 514,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
It's classic 1950's American Chinese food. Chop Suey, really?

That said, if you drill down into the menu there are some good items like Salt & Pepper Shrimp.
The menus does have a lot of selections, that is true.

We ate there about 3 years ago, and were underwhelmed then (not bad, just not good), but were picking up an item at the frame shop next door (at lunchtime) , and my wife said she wanted to try again, perhaps they had improved. Ok ......

I had the Kung Pao beef, she had the Sesame chicken. Fairly tasteless, I had to use quite a bit of soy sauce and even mustard to get mine where I found it semi palatable. She didnt even eat 1/4 of hers and wasnt interested in take home. Her chicken had zero flavor.

Im not sure we can be lured back, even for other menu items. YMMV.....

Old 04-05-2023, 09:09 PM

5 posts, read 5,974 times
Did dinner at EL Gato. It was good but the serving size was larger than a traditional tapas. We did lunch at Thai Cafe in PV. The chicken larb was fantastic with a bit of heat .

Old 04-07-2023, 07:50 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
We need a Portillo's here. 1950s vibe fast casual restaurant with Chicago style burgers, dogs, brats, beef sandwiches and other chicken stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott