Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 AM

52 posts, read 70,425 times

Advertisements

What are the plans for the driveway? Leave as is or concrete or???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 07:46 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,938,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsAngelsKings View Post
What are the plans for the driveway? Leave as is or concrete or???
Will be "AB" or whatever they call it, sort of a gravel and dirt mix. Want to leave it natural looking.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:28 PM

479 posts, read 801,294 times
Awesome....I'd be scared to death of potential fires but no doubt that's a beautiful area and property you chose!!

Old 07-02-2020, 07:07 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
Awesome....I'd be scared to death of potential fires but no doubt that's a beautiful area and property you chose!!
It is beautiful, I love them big pines myself.

But I would be fire nervous also. When we first decided to move to Prescott in 2013, my wife fixated on the tree lined places like Walker, Groom creek and even Timber ridge.

I started looking at stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQNm543k1X4

Old 07-02-2020, 06:19 PM

732 posts, read 390,556 times
I don't know if anyone asked, but what's the fire insurance situation out there?

I think if I did new construction in a forested area, I'd work towards a 'fire proof' home. It's not something that's going to improve.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:36 PM

479 posts, read 801,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
It is beautiful, I love them big pines myself.

But I would be fire nervous also. When we first decided to move to Prescott in 2013, my wife fixated on the tree lined places like Walker, Groom creek and even Timber ridge.

I started looking at stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQNm543k1X4
I wanted trees as well but didn't want to deal with septic or dirt roads. The treed areas we looked at "in town" created so much shade, the homes weren't getting much sun. I'd still prefer pine trees but we're happy with our lot in Williamson Valley as well

Old 08-10-2020, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 913 times
Hi HX Guy,

If you don't mind sharing, what is the ballpark cost of the site prep? (grading, septic, well, etc.). My wife and I have started looking for property in the same area. We would have liked something already built but can't find what we want. We really like that area and will probably go down the road of building like you. The site looks great btw!! I will be following.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGarner9 View Post
Hi HX Guy,

If you don't mind sharing, what is the ballpark cost of the site prep? (grading, septic, well, etc.). My wife and I have started looking for property in the same area. We would have liked something already built but can't find what we want. We really like that area and will probably go down the road of building like you. The site looks great btw!! I will be following.
I think a lot of it will depend on the actual site due to how much fill is needed and such.

The site prep for ours was right under $45K which included cutting the driveway and building pads, 43 loads of AB fill, dump fees, cutting down and stacking of trees, and the culvert. The septic is approx $12,500 including permitting and build.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:53 PM

Some updated pictures...

Old 08-13-2020, 09:44 PM

404 posts, read 765,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
But he has posted enough info here that I was able to find his plot very quickly, hence my caution.
You're much faster than I was - by almost two months. I only found it after the recent drone photo showing part of the neighbor's house. But to your point, I might have purchased this as an LLC, or at least put the mailing address as a PO Box, and not (apparently) my really nice home near two highways (I suppose that explains how he can make it door to door in 1.5 hours or less).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I think a lot of it will depend on the actual site due to how much fill is needed and such.

The site prep for ours was right under $45K which included cutting the driveway and building pads, 43 loads of AB fill, dump fees, cutting down and stacking of trees, and the culvert. The septic is approx $12,500 including permitting and build.
That site prep doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all, especially for what appears to be such a long driveway - looks to be over 100'. It all looks great, btw, but your house is going to be awfully close to the neighbors it appears. Did topography dictate that, or are they situated in such a way that each of you still has plenty of privacy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott