Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I already have a job. I was just responding because negative things were being said about a situation that may or may not exist. Sure the job market in PSL is down but to say there are no jobs is not right. I see places under construction all over town. Those places will eventually hire workers. A lot of places have opened in the last year and have hired a lot of people. What has happened is, yes a lot of people lost their jobs but I would venture to say that a great deal of them have already moved into other employment. Now it may be at a lower wage or in a job that they would not normally do but at least they are working. Despite everything that is going on in PSL with all of the foreclosures the city is still growing and has plans to continue growing right through the recession. People may have to redefine themselves in order to get a job but there are jobs if people are willing to work. If you get cut to part time find another part time job to fill the hours. I am sure there are plenty of those.
I agree. There ARE jobs out there...I saw Cracker Barrel hiring, Jo-Ann's Fabric was hiring, Verizon was hiring, etc...

I think it's just that some people do not consider those types "jobs" 'cause the pay & "type" of employment may not be what they want (since they don't start at $15.00 an hour or are "perceived" as "teenager-type" jobs...). That's where the word "redefine" comes in. There is no shame in going back to school or in taking a lower-paying job to keep the bills paid & put food on the table while "redefining" your future....

I myself am looking for a job. I am lucky though, in that I don't "have" to find one immediately, so I can be a bit more "choosey". If I was in dire straits though, Cracker Barrel, Jo-Ann's, etc would do me just fine!! At least it would be money coming in....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 09:59 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
Well if I didn't already have a job I would apply for one of the two jobs that the City of Ft. Pierce is offering for Network support. Both pay a lot more than I am making now but the situation I am in now keeps me from taking a risk of another job right now. Also if you have management skills Liberty Medical is hiring. The thing is that if you have to take one of those Cracker Barrel jobs you should be going to school to retrain yourself. Believe me employers would rather hire someone who has been at least doing one of those jobs than someone who is laying around the house between jobs. It shows that you have a work ethic and are willing to do things in order to survive. One other thing people should do between jobs is to go on interviews. Whether you are qualified or not nothing beats the experience of actual interviewing. Go with the mind set that you don't care about being told no. It is the opportunity to polish your interview skills and to get used to talking to people about yourself which for a lot of us is hard to do. Ask the interviewer what was wrong with your resume. You will get some valuable inside information for next time for free. Who knows may be you might get a job. Intern if you need to. Sometimes if you show your values the company might end up hiring you and at the very least you get more experience.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:22 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
For all the Newbies, please read the ToS/Rules located at the bottom of the main forum under FAQ. We do not allow advertising. If you are unsure, or have questions, by all means just send me a direct message and I will help you. Do not leave your contact information on your posts because I will remove it.

You may post in the CLASSIFIEDS forum to sell one thing but not to advertise your business.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 PM

18 posts, read 54,805 times
I'm a Canadian Paralegal tring to relocate to Indian River area. Does anyone know of a Attorney in need of my abilities? I have very good solid experience. I am a very hard loyal worker. Any direction would be appreciated.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:04 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuwilly View Post
I'm a Canadian Paralegal tring to relocate to Indian River area. Does anyone know of a Attorney in need of my abilities? I have very good solid experience. I am a very hard loyal worker. Any direction would be appreciated.

You may post on the CLASSIFIED forum. Also, you can search for jobs availability on the FLORIDA STATE EMPLOYMENT web site.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 AM

448 posts, read 1,470,556 times
Default wanting to live in Vero

we just sold our home in OH. Been looking at homes in the Vero Beach area. Any thoughts on what areas to avoid. We have noticed there are some nice homes, but then they are located next to a run down shack. We want to avoid this by all costs.

We would rather not live in a gated community. Please don't direct me to the classifieds. I just wanted some opinions from all of you. Where else to get an opinion than from someone who lives in the area.

thank you

Old 04-24-2009, 05:05 AM

Default *****reminder*****

As I promised 2Goldens, here's a reminder to folks that the Mount's Botanical Garden Plant Show in West Palm Beach is this Sat/Sun from 9-5...

Last show of the season, & a great place to find the unusual & exotic!!

Mounts Botanical Garden What's Happening Page, Tropical plant resource (http://www.mounts.org/calendar.asp - broken link)

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-24-2009 at 05:17 AM..

Old 04-24-2009, 07:56 AM

448 posts, read 1,470,556 times
hello? Anybody out there? We just wanted a bit of usefull information concerning Vero Beach. Please some advice would be great. thank you

Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
hello? Anybody out there? We just wanted a bit of usefull information concerning Vero Beach. Please some advice would be great. thank you
I live in Stuart, so I'm not the best one to say anything about Vero, but the times I've been up there it seemed clean, quiet(even more laid-back than Stuart), nice people & very well upkept!!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:45 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
I have heard (not to offend anyone so please don't read into the meaning) that it is becoming a Gay friendly community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach