Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Hatred? No, I just don't plan on sending him flowers. He had an appendectomy, for goodness sakes. That's akin to having your gallbladder removed. It's not like the man has a brain tumor. Big flippin' deal.
Actually your gall bladder has a PURPOSE in your body, unlike the useless appendix, mmmm kinda like Beck afterall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 03:23 PM

757 posts, read 802,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
"Im sure the lefties will be thrilled.

Here comes the venemous left wing hate and anger...."
hmmm, such as the Ted Kennedy threads by the "Righties" after his death? Talk about venom and anger.... funny how each side only thinks the other side is guilty of something. There is that saying about those that live in glass houses....

Glenn Beck - don't care for the guy, but I don't wish bad things on him.
Doesn't Glen Beck refer to himself as a clown? Why would someone take a clown serious?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Doesn't Glen Beck refer to himself as a clown? Why would someone take a clown serious?
I heard they found a brain donor for him

Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Being ill sucks. Having surgery sucks. I'm not a Beck fan but, I'm sorry to see anyone ill.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Hatred? No, I just don't plan on sending him flowers. He had an appendectomy, for goodness sakes. That's akin to having your gallbladder removed. It's not like the man has a brain tumor. Big flippin' deal.

If I was really filled with hatred, I would have no compassion for the thousands of people that could be financially ruined by something as commonplace as appendicitis.
you may not have hatred for all, but certainly your comments show a hatred for him. I am far from a Beck supporter though I think he is funny and cute, but I know from personal experience that anytime you have a general for surgery it isn't just a such and such...Surgery is just that and never would I say something like you did about anyone, not even someone with totally opposite views from me..

Nita

Old 11-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Post #4 wasn't *that* bad. Not what I would say, but not as hateful as some of this stuff about Ted Kennedy was.
and I agree about the Ted Kennedy even more. Sickness and death should never be made fun of or an opportunity to make uncalled for remarks.

Nita

Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 PM

351 posts, read 375,902 times
With Beck's gold plated Fox health cover i am sure he will get excellant treatment. I hope he recovers and gets back to health soon.
It's a pity millions of hard working Americans cannot afford to have a similar health insurance as Beck does.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
What a terrible thing to say - who wishes illness on someone whose politics they disagree with??
A quick search turned up this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
(Re: Tony Snow dying)
Hopefully his life and medical insurance carrier will treat his family better than they treat the families of working Americans because of the policies that he and Bush advocated. Other than that, it is one less Republican vote in November.
I've seen much worse in this forum. I just don't care enough to go digging any deeper. All you have to do is look for it - it's pretty easy to find.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:51 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A quick search turned up this one...

I've seen much worse in this forum. I just don't care enough to go digging any deeper. All you have to do is look for it - it's pretty easy to find.
I know, I've seen all of these types of postings too - I think my question was more rhetorical (i.e., what the h*** is the matter with people that they have to wish ill upon people they disagree with)

Trust me, I'm no Beck fan, but geez, let him have appendicitis already.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
With Beck's gold plated Fox health cover i am sure he will get excellant treatment. I hope he recovers and gets back to health soon.
It's a pity millions of hard working Americans cannot afford to have a similar health insurance as Beck does.
you do realize, if it is a true emergancy and you go to the emergancy room in any hospital you would get the same treatment..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies