Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How pessimistic/optimistic are you about America's future?
Strongly optimistic 8 9.20%
Moderately optimistic 6 6.90%
Mildly optimistic 12 13.79%
Neither optimistic or pessimistic 8 9.20%
Mildly pessimistic 6 6.90%
Moderately pessimistic 11 12.64%
Strongly pessimistic 36 41.38%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 05:37 PM

4,257 posts, read 2,483,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
The United States is ill-prepared for war. In the next 5 years Iran will launch a war against the USA. They certainly have been emboldened by the our embarrassing retreat from Afghanistan and our unwillingness to fund Israel and Ukraine to prosecute their respective wars. Speaking of Ukraine, Russia has secured at least a partial victory, and having seen how effete the West is, he's all but certain to launch an incursion into NATO. He knows the worst that is happen is someone will send him a strongly worded memo. That brings us to China and Taiwan. China has been ramping up nuclear weapons production and its stockpile now exceeds that of Russia. China has signaled it will reunite with Taiwan, and the US is powerless to stop them.

Instead of preparing for inevitable wars, we have assembled a circular firing squad to kill of our own energy production, and are more interested in ensuring employers don't mis-gender someone into a "him" instead of a "they." Our government drove our industrial base offshore on purpose, and the CHIPS act aside, the US has no stomach for production of machines of war.

But as a nation, we'll gladly watch TikTok videos all day long.
Americans are not fit to do anything other than eat slop, twerk, and stare at a screen for 12 hours a day. We are done. Stick a fork in us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 05:37 PM

8,380 posts, read 2,991,574 times
With Trump guaranteed to get better. With a repeat of this admin. - suicide.

I’d place a healthy wager on it.

Old 05-11-2024, 05:43 PM

24,756 posts, read 9,549,998 times
America is an overall decline, regardless of who is president.

Crime is getting worse
Public schools and universities are getting worse
Infrastructure is getting worse
American health is getting worse
Social security is on its death bed

The only thing holding this up is the economy.

Old 05-11-2024, 05:48 PM

25,975 posts, read 12,977,807 times
I voted mildly optimistic. I think Trump will win, & he was good on the economy & global harmony last time.

We have a lot more Conservatives in Congress now, than we've had in decades.

The electorate will be behind Trump even more this time, & they are more against the Libs than last time too.

The Republican party will not be fighting against Trump as much...lot's of RINO's were flushed down the toilet...still too many remain though.

We have more conservative Judges now than we've had in long time.

China's in a weak position economically.

The federal agencies have exposed themselves, and American's want them fixed.

The Dollar has held up quite well despite the Biden train wreck.

Iran will have to be dealt with, and Israel's had a good scrimmage game in Gaza, so they are ready for Iran.

Less headwinds for Trump, & the new Republican party.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 05-11-2024 at 05:57 PM..

Old 05-11-2024, 06:19 PM

4,568 posts, read 4,114,880 times
Highly pessimistic.

If Israel has its way we will get dragged into another war.

Housing is continually unaffordable because of corporate America buying up houses to turn them into rentals.

AI will destroy the job market.

SCOTUS will continue to be SCOTUS.

If you are an entitled boomer or old gen xer. The outlook may be decent. Anyone younger is in for a world of hurt.

Old 05-11-2024, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Highly pessimistic.

If Israel has its way we will get dragged into another war.

Housing is continually unaffordable because of corporate America buying up houses to turn them into rentals.

AI will destroy the job market.

SCOTUS will continue to be SCOTUS.

If you are an entitled boomer or old gen xer. The outlook may be decent. Anyone younger is in for a world of hurt.
Don't forget the hoards of "migrants" crossing over the southern border by the millions.

Old 05-11-2024, 06:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 26 days ago)

35,751 posts, read 18,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
America is an overall decline, regardless of who is president.

Crime is getting worse
Public schools and universities are getting worse
Infrastructure is getting worse
American health is getting worse
Social security is on its death bed

The only thing holding this up is the economy.
Crime is not getting worse.
We've all heard Social Security is on its death bed since about 1977, and here we are, still going strong.
The rates of citizens who have indoor plumbing and electricity is nearly 100%, compared to in the 60's when huge numbers of citizens still had outhouses and no electricity.
The Dow is at the all-time high, that few people predicted could reach such meteoric levels as we're experiencing.
I don't know where you live that your infrastructure is getting worse, but road work and new roads are being created all over my entire city.
Pessimism certainly seems to be on the rise, that's true.

Old 05-11-2024, 06:31 PM

Half the people here voted 'strongly pessimistic' as of me typing this. Very very telling.

Old 05-11-2024, 06:39 PM

52,385 posts, read 52,844,834 times
I think 10 yrs from now the progressive take over will be complete. We've lost at least a couple of generations to leftist thinking. It's just a matter of time at this point. I'll do my part as much as any individual can do to resist it. As older people die off it makes it more possible.

I hate to be so pessimistic but I just don't know anymore.

People need to see past the D vs R and the left vs the right and look beyond that. It's global elites vs everyone else.

They use leftist ideas of utopia to reel in the useful idiots when they have no use for that personally. It's all a money, power, and control grab using leftist social justice for the buy in for the masses.

Shame more people can't see this dynamic at play. Too busy fighting over bathroom access.

Old 05-11-2024, 07:44 PM

7,799 posts, read 6,422,600 times
The choices omitted "deeply concerned".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies