Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:42 AM

6,115 posts, read 2,737,407 times

Advertisements

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) signed a bill banning lab-grown meat in his state Wednesday, in what he described as an effort to “save our beef.”

“Today, Florida is fighting back against the global elite’s plan to force the world to eat meat grown in a petri dish or bugs to achieve their authoritarian goals,” DeSantis said in a press release Wednesday. “Our administration will continue to focus on investing in our local farmers and ranchers, and we will save our beef.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ab-grown-meat/

Good. Lab grown meat seems disgusting why would anyone wanna to consume that? imagine the GMO's and chemicals put in the meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:47 AM

1,748 posts, read 881,902 times
While I agree that the stuff is not only horrible for you, it also takes more emissions to produce than regular beef, I don't like the state or local governments banning products that people want. If people want to eat the horrible stuff, they should be allowed to. I don't think the beef industry is in any danger from it.

Old Today, 11:51 AM

7,945 posts, read 3,490,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
While I agree that the stuff is not only horrible for you, it also takes more emissions to produce than regular beef, I don't like the state or local governments banning products that people want. If people want to eat the horrible stuff, they should be allowed to. I don't think the beef industry is in any danger from it.
Yeah this is a bit heavy handed. Might be better to just make sure lab meat is clearly labeled as such so people can decide for themselves.

Old Today, 11:53 AM

4,561 posts, read 2,279,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post

Agree! There are things that also probably fall into the terrible for you category that are readily available, like dairy products and sugary processed foods.

**edit - I should add that I am a vegan and I eat plant based "meat" all of the time but lab grown meat sounds revolting

Old Today, 11:55 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Omg what's lab grown meat? Sounds so gross.

Old Today, 12:02 PM

10,918 posts, read 4,573,047 times
to be honest, I woulda thunk that plain old common sense would ban 'lab grown meat' I mean, W-T-(bad letter)?

(If anyone has ever been to a processing plant and saw the junior dexters at work, you would become a veggie....)

Old Today, 12:13 PM

27,681 posts, read 16,166,190 times
What about tofu then? Wasnt that supposed to replace meat at one time?

Old Today, 12:14 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,374,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Omg what's lab grown meat? Sounds so gross.
It, along with "plant-based" meats, and bugs are what Democrats want us to eat, to fight Climate Change™.

This does seem a bit heavy-handed, however.

Old Today, 12:16 PM

4,561 posts, read 2,279,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What about tofu then? Wasnt that supposed to replace meat at one time?

Tofu is not meat like enough for most people. I eat tofu but it's certainly not like eating a steak or a burger.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

7,406 posts, read 3,554,248 times
Definitely not in favor of bans. Save that for the blue utopian states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies