Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 10:52 PM

24,779 posts, read 9,563,850 times

Advertisements

The left doesn't accept that Asian people, especially east Asians, don't like immigrants, don't have birthright citizenship, and have strong border security. In Japan, it's also illegal for gays to get married.

One day the left will understand that the rest of the world doesn't want to be woke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Japan is importing a lot of Chinese, and recently, Brazilians and Africans as well. We'll see how that works out.
For cheap labor, not for citizenship.

Cheap labor has built Dubai, Qatar, etc, but none of those workers are getting citizenship.

I lived in Japan for 4 years, some Africans have small shops and businesses, and are fluent in Japanese, but they're still not citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 11:13 PM

13,960 posts, read 8,131,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
It depends on how they do it.

Qatar, for example, does it right. At any one given time, they have up to 85-90% of their country filled with foreigners.

But there are strict rules.

If you are medically unfit, you are deported immediately.
If you foment unrest, you are deported immediately.
If you can’t work, for whatever reason, you are deported immediately.
If you are of no use to Qatari society, you are deported immediately.

Obviously, some slip through the cracks and are able to hideout, but the vast majority are caught and deported.

The US, for example, does it all wrong.

If you are medically unfit, you get free healthcare.
If you foment unrest, it is encouraged.
If you can’t work, for whatever reason, you get a bunch of free stuff.
If you are of no use to society, you can stay, no problem.

So it depends on how Japan administers their policies. This will determine the outcome.

With regard to Japan

If you are medically unfit, you are deported immediately.

I knew foreigners who came down with cancer and other serious illness. They weren't deported. However, they were either married to a Japanese or held permanent residence (similar to a green card.)

But even if you have been in the country a short time and you get hurt - you would be taken care of until you can go home.

If you foment unrest, you are deported immediately.

Same in Japan. Commit a crime? The Japanese police don't f.uck around. A police officer blows their whistle while you're crossing the street and waves you back to the sidewalk... you obey.

Act the fool after a night of drinking; the police will arrest you. Attempt to argue they will stand and listen for several minutes. Then the listening stops and they grab your arm - resist and out comes the baton.

If you can’t work, for whatever reason, you are deported immediately.

If you’re ill or hurt you can stay in a hospital at least until you're healthy enough to leave the country.

There are no free-rides for foreigners. You find yourself broke and sleeping in Shinjuku park you may end up in a holding cell at Narita Airport. Here you’ll sit until you can be put on the next flight home.

If you are of no use to Qatari society, you are deported immediately.

Petty much the same in Japan. If you aren't working legally or don't have a spouse or someone Japanese willing to support you. Time to go.

Last edited by john3232; 05-02-2024 at 11:41 PM..

Old 05-02-2024, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The left doesn't accept that Asian people, especially east Asians, don't like immigrants, don't have birthright citizenship, and have strong border security. In Japan, it's also illegal for gays to get married.

One day the left will understand that the rest of the world doesn't want to be woke.

For cheap labor, not for citizenship.

Cheap labor has built Dubai, Qatar, etc, but none of those workers are getting citizenship.

I lived in Japan for 4 years, some Africans have small shops and businesses, and are fluent in Japanese, but they're still not citizens.

For a while I took free Japanese lessons on Sunday afternoons across from Yostuya station in Tokyo. The J-classes were put on by St. Ignatius Church and J-teacher were volunteers.

Maybe a third of my classmates were Africans and outside of the Chinese I'd never seen anyone pick up the language so fast.

One advantage they had was they already spoke multiply languages. They weren't intimated by learning Japanese like I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
In Japan, it's also illegal for gays to get married.
Teaching as an adjunct professor over the years in various colleges and universities in the Tokyo area I met a number of gay foreign professors. To my knowledge they never experienced any discrimination in the work place. But I don't think they mentioned the fact they were gay in the classroom either.

Last edited by john3232; 05-03-2024 at 12:15 AM..

Old 05-03-2024, 12:07 AM

2,557 posts, read 1,328,558 times
Nobody wants to marry and have children in Japan.
Somebody has to support the rapidly ageing population. This somebody will be a foreigner.

Old 05-03-2024, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
Nobody wants to marry and have children in Japan.
Somebody has to support the rapidly ageing population. This somebody will be a foreigner.
Often, it's the kids who help out their parents when they get old.

In my case my wife's father was good to us when we were starting out. He helped me out financially several times. Today he’s 90 years old and ill. I give my wife’s parents 10k USD a year.

But you’re right Japanese society needs more workers which means… letting in more foreigners.

However, expect the J-government to close tabs such foreign workers. They will be fingerprinted and required to get an alien registration card. And to carry this card with them at all times.

If you are stopped by the police and don’t have this card you will be detained.

Overall, I like the Japanese and I never had much trouble but then I obeyed their laws.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:47 AM

63,123 posts, read 29,304,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
President Joe Biden on Wednesday called close US ally Japan “xenophobic” at a Washington, D.C., fundraiser, just weeks after lauding the US-Japan alliance at a state dinner.

The president made the remark while arguing that Japan, along with Russia and China, would perform better economically if the countries embraced immigration more.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/02/polit...lly/index.html

Shame on Japan, Russia, And China for securing their borders and prohibiting illegals from coming in. They can learn a lesson or two from Millions of illegals Mexico sends its best via our southern border
How does a country retain it's identifying culture, language and demographics with too much immigration? It doesn't so that country will lose it's uniqueness. Biden doesn't care if we become a mutt country with no identity, no soul and no heart via massive illegal immigration. It's all about votes and cheap labor.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:56 AM

9,974 posts, read 4,723,887 times
Biden and other heads of state want group think. Get with their program, not your own.

Talking like the Borg. He wants and will add their 'biological and technological distinctiveness' to Biden's America

Old 05-03-2024, 08:42 AM

20,212 posts, read 9,121,446 times
Aside from Japan, Biden also called India (a nation of 1.5 billion) xenophobic too.

He seems to be hellbent on making us more friends every day.

Imagine a guy with a 39% approval rating in his own country telling other countries how to operate. Amazing.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:47 AM

6,156 posts, read 2,917,044 times
Why haven't any Democrats commented on this thread? I'm quite curious to read what you all think about this.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:50 AM

4,181 posts, read 4,196,373 times
All countries welcome talented immigrants that can contribute to their country.

This country? Open border to allow all criminals to come in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies