Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 03:14 PM

1,449 posts, read 675,879 times

Advertisements

Whoa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 03:23 PM

15,890 posts, read 6,592,637 times
Yes it's disturbing, from a certain perspective. The type of internal corporate pressure these guys faced likely ramped up their stress levels significantly for a lengthy period, which could be damaging to their health. I think normal actuarial data might not be applicable in that case. MRSA is highly contagious, spread through skin contact, and is difficult to treat. It would certainly look like a natural death, if one were inclined to infect somebody in a hospital setting.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:15 PM

78,626 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yes it's disturbing, from a certain perspective. The type of internal corporate pressure these guys faced likely ramped up their stress levels significantly for a lengthy period, which could be damaging to their health. I think normal actuarial data might not be applicable in that case. MRSA is highly contagious, spread through skin contact, and is difficult to treat. It would certainly look like a natural death, if one were inclined to infect somebody in a hospital setting.
That was a consideration but I decided to just play it straight down the middle using typical actuarial tables.

I think that showing it's a 1/6 dice roll to 2 OR MORE, dead is sufficient to make a point.

Now I am not saying there shouldn't be autopsys or ruling anything out, just pointing to the situation for the average joe and this is a mere single dice roll. Hard to hang a hat on that.

On top of that, these people have likely already made sworn statements.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:57 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,887,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Articles state the guy got pneumonia and then the dreaded MRSA infection when in the hospital, leading to his death. How did someone else do that to him?
Just chalk it up to Corporate Mental Illness.

Flush it down with "Schit Happens".

Old 05-02-2024, 07:04 PM

29,857 posts, read 24,975,730 times
Quote:
Articles state the guy got pneumonia and then the dreaded MRSA infection when in the hospital, leading to his death. How did someone else do that to him?

It's very easy to dismiss anything that might seem like a conspiracy theory. It provides a certain sense of comfort. But I'll take the cold hard truth over that which merely pacifies me. That's why I always try to maintain an open mind when events like this occur. Maybe it's something? Maybe it's nothing? Either way, it doesn't hurt to pay attention.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:27 PM

13,357 posts, read 7,385,078 times
Quote:
That can happen hopefully the family uses an expert pathologist to get a 2nd opinion. Really need a team of experts rule out any foul play. I know someone who got a cold bad cough he didn't go to the doctor was found dead. He had pneumonia didn't realize how bad it was.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:35 PM

11,077 posts, read 6,019,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That was a consideration but I decided to just play it straight down the middle using typical actuarial tables.

I think that showing it's a 1/6 dice roll to 2 OR MORE, dead is sufficient to make a point.

Now I am not saying there shouldn't be autopsys or ruling anything out, just pointing to the situation for the average joe and this is a mere single dice roll. Hard to hang a hat on that.

On top of that, these people have likely already made sworn statements.
What are the chances of there being only one case of a highly contagious illness in a hospital setting? It's transmitted by skin contact so someone else must have been ill with it. I guess all we have to do is find out who else (or how many others) in that hospital were infected.

The other question of course would what the motive for foul play could be. It's too late to keep him quiet. Revenge? Doesn't make sense. And besides, the guy was in hospital with pneumonia. Seems far too complicated to be a plot.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:05 PM

78,626 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
What are the chances of there being only one case of a highly contagious illness in a hospital setting? It's transmitted by skin contact so someone else must have been ill with it. I guess all we have to do is find out who else (or how many others) in that hospital were infected.

The other question of course would what the motive for foul play could be. It's too late to keep him quiet. Revenge? Doesn't make sense. And besides, the guy was in hospital with pneumonia. Seems far too complicated to be a plot.
Not touching any of that stuff. Just showing that 2 random joes out of a group of 30 around that age dying is not even remotely rare in terms of statistics.

No point in engaging when the entire theme is based upon the *oddity* of rolling a 6 on a dice.

If there is further proof or evidence then fine.

I would note that killing whistle blowers after 30 or so have come forward, made their statements and having the entire thing blow up and waiting years and years would likely be a plot for a movie that we would all click off half way thru for having a stupid unreasonable plot.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:33 PM

2,344 posts, read 974,342 times
So a healthy man in his 40s contracts a mysterious "illness" and then dies in a couple of weeks, with both hands and feet requiring amputation.
Yup, totally normal occurrence. Happens all the time.

He also shared the same lawyer as the other whistleblower. I think we found the murderer.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:35 PM

20,167 posts, read 20,945,478 times
I wonder what they did to get the Clintons all p’od?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies