Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 12:02 AM

18,063 posts, read 27,520,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I keep hearing this but have yet to get an answer on what that means. What are these "Christian Principles" that our (if you are American) nation is built on?
Well it's been around for a while now.

Imho, this here Nation is guided by Spiritual Principles, Christianity just so being a nifty and handy one. Spain, Portugal, France, Great Britain etc might have had something to do with the choice.

I believe we are a Constitutional Republic and the Constitution and other articles helped to form what we have now.

Separation of powers, dividing layers of power between federal and state entities, limiting government, making a gov't that's by the people, for the people, to serve and yada yada, having that gov't be representative, separation of powers, that type of thing.

A lot of people talk about freedom from religion, well duh, but freedom OF religion too.

Some people want to tax the Church, I say, No Way!

Why?

Take somebody's money from them, they now own a bigger piece of your ass. I don't think people really want that.

If people weren't such a bunch of narcissistic selfish inconsiderate idiots, we wouldn't need gov't. Heck, we wouldn't need God.

I'd get bored to death.

What are you thinking now?

Old 05-05-2024, 05:28 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,363,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well it's been around for a while now.

Imho, this here Nation is guided by Spiritual Principles, Christianity just so being a nifty and handy one. Spain, Portugal, France, Great Britain etc might have had something to do with the choice.

I believe we are a Constitutional Republic and the Constitution and other articles helped to form what we have now.

Separation of powers, dividing layers of power between federal and state entities, limiting government, making a gov't that's by the people, for the people, to serve and yada yada, having that gov't be representative, separation of powers, that type of thing.

A lot of people talk about freedom from religion, well duh, but freedom OF religion too.

Some people want to tax the Church, I say, No Way!

Why?

Take somebody's money from them, they now own a bigger piece of your ass. I don't think people really want that.

If people weren't such a bunch of narcissistic selfish inconsiderate idiots, we wouldn't need gov't. Heck, we wouldn't need God.

I'd get bored to death.

What are you thinking now?
I agree that if it wasn't for people who use others we wouldn't need laws.

Old 05-05-2024, 05:32 AM

3,355 posts, read 1,455,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Sounds like the personal behavior (minus the killing) of the presumptive Republican lead minus the "thou shalt not's"...
Astute observation.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:44 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,363,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Astute observation.
He is the ideal of family values tho. I have been schooled on family values by many a cheater and people with children from several relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies