Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 04:56 PM

37,165 posts, read 41,364,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Of course flocks don’t recover if you kill them all.

What’s amazing is it may not have to be that way.

Be very afraid of powerful governments that have had to defend a very expensive policy decision that may be wrong.
Left to its natural course flocks die. Did you read the link?

https://netec.org/2023/01/30/situati...fluenza-ah5n1/

"H5N1 is highly contagious among birds and has a near 100 percent case fatality rate."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 05:04 PM

15,110 posts, read 8,663,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
You miss understand. H5N1 has been around for decades, maybe centuries.
They made "new" strains.
Yes, they take viruses that have been around for decades and maybe centuries, which pose no threat, and create new strains which are a threat, so they can offer us their “solution”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I put "new" in quotes because the virus is recombinant, meaning, when it and another flu virus arrive in the same warm blooded creature, they can exchange genes to make a totally new virus. You don't need a lab for this, it happens all the time in nature.

(Which is still no excuse for what happened.)

Because the virus is recombinant, all poultry vaccines, so far, have resulted in new mutations of the virus.

The standard control is, when they find (thru testing) any cases of flu, the put down the entire flock to prevent further spread. It is the only control measure we know will work

While the 2014 avian flu pandemic did lead to egg shortages, for a while, there is no current threat to our food supply (I can give send you a DM with some links to where I study and condense this information, for others.) I can't find the flu series that led to that pandemic, since the current avian flu outbreak has swamped all of the search tools that I normally use. (People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals... Agent K, Men in Black.)

Again, this doesn't excuse the lax bio-security practices employed at those labs, nor am I giving blanket endorsement (far from it) to the gain of function research they have been doing.

I am just saying that not everything you read is out to get us.
Just some of it ...

Listen, I have no explanation for why so many people seem to be dumber than a box of donuts, and can’t reach common sense conclusions, such as recognizing the direct connection between these repeating patterns of biological laboratories manipulating certain viruses, and the subsequent outbreaks of illnesses associated with “variants” of those very viruses, which are then said to emerge coincidentally from nature, and not a laboratory creation. Why people keep accepting the same cover story over and over, for the same viral outbreaks that repeat over and over, defies reason.

That said, whoever continues to believe this nonsense, by all means, report to your local vaccination station when told, don’t forget to mask up, and roll up those damn sleeves. It’s an ongoing IQ test many of you have already failed anyway, so the sooner we’re rid of you, the better off we’ll all be.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:06 PM

14,551 posts, read 12,204,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

"H5N1 is highly contagious among birds and has a near 100 percent case fatality rate."
As quoted by the very government agencies who need to defend their policy. If the policy is to kill every bird, of course it's 100% fatal. Nature isn't given any chance to prove the policy wrong. They have caused billions of dollars damage with this policy. They don't WANT to be proved wrong now.

Last year, I watched a local duck farm go through an outbreak, and their experience did not match what the government tells us is true.

She believed what she was told. She cooperated, she lost everything, even when the evidence seemed to be giving her a lot of reason to doubt what she was being told. She had to put down a lot of birds who had recovered, or never caught it in the first place.

If you're really interested, you should read her story.

https://www.facebook.com/HearthHaven...84146515319289

https://www.hearthandhaven.com/savethefarm

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 05-01-2024 at 05:22 PM..

Old 05-01-2024, 05:22 PM

15,110 posts, read 8,663,144 times
Quote:

The best way to solve these repeating problems is to gather the flocks of investors and people operating these bio labs, and put them down instead of the animals.

Another effective strategy would be to outlaw vaccines entirely, and watch how fast these viruses would disappear … like influenza disappeared during Covid.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:34 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,321,770 times
Blame industrial farming not bio research. Pack thousands of cattle or birds into unsanitary, crowded stressful conditions, pump them full of anti-biotics and hormones. Don't be surprised that viral transmission and mutation occurs.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:01 PM

15,882 posts, read 6,589,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I didn't make it up. That came from the science community over a decade ago. The truth is right in front of you. I can't make you accept it.
I have no doubt that there are extensive studies into deadly viruses in many nations. But it's a big leap from there to assume that a viral outbreak comes from a lab.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:14 PM

45,660 posts, read 27,291,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It seems inevitable that it will jump to humans. Fortunately, mRNA vaccines for H5N1 are already in trials for humans. Long-standing contracts ensure that the wealthiest nations will get them first. It won't be like covid. The vax will be out within weeks of any significant movement into human populations. There's a huge market for bird flu vaccines for birds as well, so expect continuing research and development.
The above post is sponsored by...

Old 05-01-2024, 07:20 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,321,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The above post is sponsored by...
Actually, GSK is the pharma company doing the most (farthest ahead) work with bird flu vaccines for humans.

Old 05-01-2024, 11:24 PM

11,073 posts, read 6,017,364 times
Quote:
Very much agree. This was made clear last year when they came out to kill all the ducks at a local farm. The owner had reported the first cases, like they were supposed to... but it took a few weeks for the gov't to show up. In the mean time, many of the birds had RECOVERED, and some never showed symptoms at all. They were all killed anyway. Every single bird. Even though many were showing the ability to survive and develop immunity to it.

It was really really tragic for the farm and eye opening to her, and many others about this draconian strategy.

Lord help save us from ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But if a flock has recovered and not showing symptoms, while they may not have immunity to the next wave, they have survived the current wave. What would they destroy that particular flock?
Quote:
The virus is highly infectious and highly lethal, so flocks do not recover.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...his-month.html
So they say but that wasn't my question. Diana told of a case in which the sick birds did recover and others didn't get sick at all. That was my question - why destroy a flock that had recovered?

But now that you mention it, we had this case in which sick birds had recovered yet they destroyed the entire flock! A flock that was no longer exhibiting any signs of illness and had birds that had recovered!

Does that sound like a 100% fatal disease? Many of the birds had recovered!

I wasn't there, I am only asking questions. It just doesn't seem to add up.

Old 05-02-2024, 04:16 PM

9,019 posts, read 4,715,930 times
Quote:
As quoted by the very government agencies who need to defend their policy. If the policy is to kill every bird, of course it's 100% fatal. Nature isn't given any chance to prove the policy wrong. They have caused billions of dollars damage with this policy. They don't WANT to be proved wrong now.

Last year, I watched a local duck farm go through an outbreak, and their experience did not match what the government tells us is true.

She believed what she was told. She cooperated, she lost everything, even when the evidence seemed to be giving her a lot of reason to doubt what she was being told. She had to put down a lot of birds who had recovered, or never caught it in the first place.

If you're really interested, you should read her story.

https://www.facebook.com/HearthHaven...84146515319289

https://www.hearthandhaven.com/savethefarm
I read the second article (I don't go to facebook) and it says HPAI. H5N1 is only one of many strains that are classified as HPAI. Not all of them are as deadly.

I do think the government should better compensate the farm.
The Constitution says "just compensation" and what they got doesn't sound just.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies