Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 01:52 PM

3 posts, read 3,933 times

Advertisements

I am moving from NC to Solivita active 55+ in central FL. My wife and I like rules and have no problem with strict HOA rules and CCR/restrictive covenants. I got my CD from sales agent but am having trouble finding the rules related to Bird Baths, Feeders and Bird Houses in your back yard. Can any resident tell me the do's and don't pertaining to this subject? If the answer is this is not permitted, I am ok with it. I just don't want waste my time moving items that are not permitted to be used. Thank you to anyone who can provide some insight on this matter.
Sincere thanks,
JohnnyJayNC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 04:05 PM

536 posts, read 852,143 times
I lived in Solivita for 4 months in 2013 while my home in nearby Bellalago was being built. I'm quite familiar with the AV Homes / Avatar HOA rules.

An unobtrusive bird feeder in you personal rear garden areas immediately next to your house or lanai would likely not be a problem.

But installing any kind of permanent structure or obstruction out in the grass areas (bird house on a pole?) that are maintained by the landscape service paid thru the HOA might likely raise an issue, & require review & approval, first.

Fountains in the front yard viewable from the street definitely have to get Architectural approval beforehand.

Avatar runs a tight ship. But they help keep the community standards high. You'll be hard pressed to spot a messy or sloppy yard in Solivita.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:10 AM

3 posts, read 3,933 times
Default Re. Bird Feeders, etc.

BrokerHarry

Thanks for your reply. We are moving to Solivita because we do like rules and a neighborhood that looks well kept. I will speak with the architectural review board before placing anything in my yard. Thank you for the information and details provided in your response.

JohnnyJayNC

Old 11-10-2016, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 3,002 times
May I ask why you chose BellaLago to build over Solivita?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:48 PM

536 posts, read 852,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmelloteta View Post
May I ask why you chose BellaLago to build over Solivita?
Bellalago is by the same builder as Solivita, Av Homes. They're located within a few miles of each other. In many ways, they're very similar. But there are also differences:

The quality of the homes is pretty much identical...but Bellalago offers larger floorplans, because it's considered in the family division, versus the retired seniors division. The average square footage & room count of homes in Bellalago is larger than the average home in Solivita.

Bellalago is built around a series of lakes & boating waterways that connect directly to Lake Toho. It's more of a waterfront / boating community.

Solivita is primarily built around a large meandering golf course, with lots of retention ponds. It's more of a golf cart community. Both communities are beautiful, & absolutely meticulously maintained by the HOAs.

Bellalago has a younger vibe, even though many of my neighbors, as well as myself, are of retirement age (I'm about to turn 67). My wife, who is about to turn 54, likes to interact with the younger gals & moms at the yoga, dance & zumba classes. She finds it inspiring.

Bellalago is maybe 15 minutes closer to the airport & points north. It's more centrally located for someone like me, who is still active as a real estate broker, & my wife, who often picks up out of town visitors at the airport.

Solivita is great for those who wish to primarily be around other retirees, & not be bothered by kids at the pool. Solivita is quieter, but it is also definitely a little more remote, especially if you're in one of the newer back areas around the Palms.

In Bellalago, we can be at our beautiful Publix within 5 minutes, right outside the gate on Pleasant Hill. It might take 15 minutes to get to the Publix in Poinciana from Solivita. But then again, the Poinciana hospital is right outside the Solivita gates. Myself...I'm more concerned with being able to get a quick gallon of milk or a box of mushrooms at Publix, than worrying about how quickly I can get to the hospital. Maybe I'll feel different...in about 30 years. lol

We have numerous friends in Solivita. We're having lunch with friends at Mosaics tomorrow. But last time we met, we ate at the Bellalago Grille, which is on the pier overlooking Lake Toho.

As far as we're concerned...it's all good. But 3 years in...we're very glad we bought in Bellalago.

Last edited by BrokerHarry; 11-10-2016 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-26-2019, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post
Bellalago is by the same builder as Solivita, Av Homes. They're located within a few miles of each other. In many ways, they're very similar. But there are also differences:

The quality of the homes is pretty much identical...but Bellalago offers larger floorplans, because it's considered in the family division, versus the retired seniors division. The average square footage & room count of homes in Bellalago is larger than the average home in Solivita.

Bellalago is built around a series of lakes & boating waterways that connect directly to Lake Toho. It's more of a waterfront / boating community.

Solivita is primarily built around a large meandering golf course, with lots of retention ponds. It's more of a golf cart community. Both communities are beautiful, & absolutely meticulously maintained by the HOAs.

Bellalago has a younger vibe, even though many of my neighbors, as well as myself, are of retirement age (I'm about to turn 67). My wife, who is about to turn 54, likes to interact with the younger gals & moms at the yoga, dance & zumba classes. She finds it inspiring.

Bellalago is maybe 15 minutes closer to the airport & points north. It's more centrally located for someone like me, who is still active as a real estate broker, & my wife, who often picks up out of town visitors at the airport.

Solivita is great for those who wish to primarily be around other retirees, & not be bothered by kids at the pool. Solivita is quieter, but it is also definitely a little more remote, especially if you're in one of the newer back areas around the Palms.

In Bellalago, we can be at our beautiful Publix within 5 minutes, right outside the gate on Pleasant Hill. It might take 15 minutes to get to the Publix in Poinciana from Solivita. But then again, the Poinciana hospital is right outside the Solivita gates. Myself...I'm more concerned with being able to get a quick gallon of milk or a box of mushrooms at Publix, than worrying about how quickly I can get to the hospital. Maybe I'll feel different...in about 30 years. lol

We have numerous friends in Solivita. We're having lunch with friends at Mosaics tomorrow. But last time we met, we ate at the Bellalago Grille, which is on the pier overlooking Lake Toho.

As far as we're concerned...it's all good. But 3 years in...we're very glad we bought in Bellalago.

What is the difference in price between Solivita and Bellalago? My SIL lives in Solivita. We visited in September and love it. We are going again in May to check out some homes for sale since we are planning to retire in the next few years. I plan on this being the last home we ever buy and I want it to be nice but at the same time I don't want to be "house poor" where I am paying for mortgage, fees and maintenance with nothing left over to actually enjoy my remaining years. Just trying to get as much info as possible.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:45 AM

17,143 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Why are there so many threads about Solivita? Can't all of this just be asked in the one that constantly finds itself on the first page?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando