Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 04:11 PM

13,649 posts, read 4,958,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Americans don't need convincing that there are hordes of foreigners swarming across our border, it is a fact! Unvetted foreigners whom we know nothing about of which some have been caught already that are a security threat is no big deal? How many haven't been caught? How about many of our cities and states that have been crying about the costs they have had to ensue because of them are they just lying?

How in the world would anyone with a thinking brain not think that these millions aren't a threat security wise and economically wise? You puzzle me, Leo. I have asked you before but you haven't answered. What is your ancestral background? Are you afraid to answer because it might expose your motive?
Sorry, I had not seen that you asked me this question before. I have German and Scandinavian heritage.

I think I have written about my German ancestors before. My great-great grandfather immigrated in the 1860s. As far as I know, he came in legally, but I doubt there was any “vetting “ of immigrants back then. He benefited from the Homestead Act, being given 160 acres of land from the government as long as he agreed to farm. My mother was a 3rd generation American, yet her parents often spoke German in the home and retained a lot of German culture.

This is why I am not threatened by Hispanic immigrants. I don’t see them as being any different than my ancestors. They might get some government assistance, they might keep speaking Spanish, but their descendants will be English speaking, productive US citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 05:20 PM

1,117 posts, read 752,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
First off, they would spread a lot of fake news about supposed election fraud. Because getting Americans to distrust their electoral system would be a huge win for them.

Next, they would convince Americans that hordes of foreigners swarming across the border are an existential threat. Every dictator needs a scapegoat.

Next, and very importantly, they would convince Americans that the country is in really bad condition. They would greatly exaggerate any economic problems, for example, blame them on the current administration and present themselves as they only ones who can “save” the country.

Finally, claim that the President is immune from the law, because he’s so important that he can’t be bothered with annoyances like lawsuits.

Yes, this how to destroy a democracy from within.
1. So no fraud. Biden is the most popular president ever?

2. And no hoards coming through the boarder?

3. America is doing great? No homelessness on the streets? Rampant crime and drug use?

4. True, Biden is apparently immune from laws

5. What number booster are you on?

Old 05-01-2024, 06:40 PM

9,446 posts, read 11,198,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
...what would they be doing any differently than what the Biden Administration is doing right now?

Serious question.
Nothing. Xo is a plant, a mole, and he has been for a long time. You would have to be brain dead to not see what he's (or rather, his robotmasters are) doing to our wonderful USA. Typically his actions would be called treason, why they're not I don't know.

Old 05-01-2024, 08:12 PM

1,897 posts, read 856,458 times
i dont care for trump but somebody behind all the hell trump catching right now. trump not a gangester like they trying to prove. he just loud and wont shut up

Old 05-01-2024, 09:39 PM

25,857 posts, read 16,560,676 times
I wish we could bring back the WWII generation at their peak. They would burn down Washington DC to the ground if they saw what is happening.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:41 PM

50,432 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Not a damn thing. Problem is, I don't think Joe has any real handle on what is actually going on.....It's frightening.
Biden can't even figure out if he has to pee or not. Let's get real.

Old 05-02-2024, 12:30 AM

13,649 posts, read 4,958,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
1. So no fraud. Biden is the most popular president ever?

2. And no hoards coming through the boarder?

3. America is doing great? No homelessness on the streets? Rampant crime and drug use?

4. True, Biden is apparently immune from laws

5. What number booster are you on?
1. So no fraud. Biden is the most popular president ever? No fraud. Who said anything about Biden being the most popular?

2. And no hoards coming through the boarder? Hordes are coming, but they are not an existential threat to our nation

3. America is doing great? No homelessness on the streets? Rampant crime and drug use? America is doing pretty good. Prices up, but so are wages. Most homeless are by choice (unemployment at 3.5% means everyone can get a job if they want one). Crime is down.

4. True, Biden is apparently immune from laws. Pay attention. It’s Trump that is claiming immunity from laws.

5. What number booster are you on? I don’t see how that is relevant

Old 05-02-2024, 08:36 AM

7,182 posts, read 4,585,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
First off, they would spread a lot of fake news about supposed election fraud. Because getting Americans to distrust their electoral system would be a huge win for them.

Next, they would convince Americans that hordes of foreigners swarming across the border are an existential threat. Every dictator needs a scapegoat.

Next, and very importantly, they would convince Americans that the country is in really bad condition. They would greatly exaggerate any economic problems, for example, blame them on the current administration and present themselves as they only ones who can “save” the country.

Finally, claim that the President is immune from the law, because he’s so important that he can’t be bothered with annoyances like lawsuits.

Yes, this how to destroy a democracy from within.
Yes trump is trying to become a dictator and destroy our country. His followers are blind just like Hitler’s were. My mom’s grandfather was from Germany and he really thought Hitler was going to save Germany.

The day he picked up the German newspaper that said Hitler invaded Poland he had a heart attack and died. Unfortunately the majority of posters on this forum are indeed mislead. I am shocked by what they believe.

Luckily I don’t know anyone in real life that is this misguided. Why would anyone in our country talk about civil war? I don’t hate people that have different political beliefs. It’s one of the foundations of our country to be able to disagree.

Never before Trump did I care who won the election. I always voted and hoped my candidate won but in the end I knew each president would respect the constitution and leave office peacefully if he lost an election.

The thought of Trump winning is horrifying because he is telling us what he intends to do if reelected. He’s not even trying to hide it. Anyone sane is voting for anyone but him. Look at the interview Trump did with Time magazine.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:50 AM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
Biden is a useful/useless idiot for the extremists who are pulling the puppet strings. Notice any time he is in public he has a team of handlers who guide him away from the press, tell him which way to go, and he insists he'll get in trouble if he says the wrong thing. He's not in charge. Not to say he isn't a horrible human being and a lifelong corrupt politician, but his brain is so far gone someone more radical than him is at the wheel. Obama said he always wanted a third term where he could lead from the background and control things from behind the scenes. Well, here we are.

Old 05-02-2024, 09:14 AM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Biden is a useful/useless idiot for the extremists who are pulling the puppet strings. Notice any time he is in public he has a team of handlers who guide him away from the press, tell him which way to go, and he insists he'll get in trouble if he says the wrong thing. He's not in charge. Not to say he isn't a horrible human being and a lifelong corrupt politician, but his brain is so far gone someone more radical than him is at the wheel. Obama said he always wanted a third term where he could lead from the background and control things from behind the scenes. Well, here we are.
You're not wrong about Biden, but can you provide a link to Obama saying that? Or provide any evidence that Obama is doing that? People can't seem to get away from thinking Obama is the Anti-Christ with political superpowers surpassing any other president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies