Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

17,667 posts, read 6,934,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Exactly, waste of VP if he chooses DeSantis, plus DeSantis is divisive nationally anyway.
It's not a waste to me. Trump failed miserably in his first term in several ways. First, he was awful at picking people to fill roles in his administration, starting with his VP pick. Second, he totally failed to clear out the career bureaucrats who are destroying the country from within as operatives of the Democrat Party. Third, he abdicated his role as President during COVID and let a couple of Marxist DNC hacks call the shots. If someone like DeSantis had been his VP instead of a clueless establishmentarian like Pence, things would have been different. Trump would have been re-elected and we wouldn't be suffering through Biden's failed Presidency.

So it's Trump's fault he lost because of his own failures and poor decision-making. DeSantis, in contrast, makes excellent decisions. He would bring a lot to the ticket, particularly RESULTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

20,152 posts, read 9,043,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
If I were swayed to vote for Trump because I had no other option (definitely not voting Biden), I would retract that if DeSantis becomes VP.
I'm sure there all also people that won't vote for Trump if DeSantis is not on the ticket too.

Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM

6,037 posts, read 3,754,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
Then, why would they even meet?

DeSantis is term limited as FL governor, ending in 2026. He may have concerns about visibility after he leaves that office.

If he is still interested in the presidency (why wouldn't he be? He is an excellent candidate) the VP slot would be a good place for him to be actively visible. Yes, he would have to deal with Trump's ego, that is a fact.

Trump could make him the border czar and let him rip cleaning up that mess.

Many of us that do not like Trump's ego or character would see all this and vote for him anyway, knowing DeSantis is onboard, and in position to have a good chance of getting elected after Trump term limits out.

I have two words that should explain WHY DeSantis wouldn't want to be Trump's VP... MIKE PENCE!

The way Trump threw Mike Pence to the wolves and talked about him like he was lower than whale sh*t should convince DeSantis that he wants nothing to do with being Trump's VP. Personally, I think that DeSantis is smarter than to accept a VP offer from Trump.

My guess is that DeSantis and Trump were discussing the possibility of a cabinet position for DeSantis after DeSantis' term for governor ends in just under 3 years. This would be in exchange for DeSantis endorsing Trump fully in the coming months before this election in November.

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

7,649 posts, read 8,720,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I do not know why DeSantis ran unless he thought Trump was doomed with all the "lawfare" by the Democrats, but he is term limited for the next election in 2026, so him being a VP on a winning ticket in 2024 and the presumed front runner in 2028 since Trump cannot run again makes sense.
DeSantis made the dumb decision to run for 2024 because the big donors wanted him to run against Trump and they made him think he could beat Trump, plus his wife Casey was driving him. She was running his campaign from the start.

Rumors are, Casey DeSantis may run for FL governor in 2026 to succeed her husband, though there are quite a few other possible candidates such as Matt Gaetz.

Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM

9,373 posts, read 14,325,550 times
Quote:
DeSantis and Trump Meet Privately in Florida
It ain’t private no more.

Hopefully De Santis will finish out his term over the next two years, then in the ensuing four years remain in Florida working behind the scenes, then run for governor again.

And in any case he should stay the devil away from the s hit show of the US presidency.

If he follows that path he can do much better for Florida.

6,037 posts, read 3,754,508 times
Here's another possible motive for Trump wanting to meet DeSantis. It's possible that Trump is the one asking for favors. Trump might be asking DeSantis that if Trump is convicted and put in jail or prison, would DeSantis be kind enough to pardon Trump since Trump obviously wouldn't be the candidate if he's in jail or prison. Hopefully, for Trump, DeSantis could then win the election this fall and then pardon Trump.

5,526 posts, read 7,118,707 times
What ever position Desantis is offered, I just hope it brings him closer to the Whitehouse.

Desantis 2028!!!!!

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,026,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I have two words that should explain WHY DeSantis wouldn't want to be Trump's VP... MIKE PENCE!

The way Trump threw Mike Pence to the wolves and talked about him like he was lower than whale sh*t should convince DeSantis that he wants nothing to do with being Trump's VP. Personally, I think that DeSantis is smarter than to accept a VP offer from Trump.

My guess is that DeSantis and Trump were discussing the possibility of a cabinet position for DeSantis after DeSantis' term for governor ends in just under 3 years. This would be in exchange for DeSantis endorsing Trump fully in the coming months before this election in November.

And here's why he might accept assuming the VP slot is offered - if Trump win DeSantis (or whoever is VP) will be gearing up to run for the WH in four years.

Again, assuming Trump asks my guess is DeSantis will weighing the odds of the economy improving and his chance to ride that wave into the presidency.

I doubt it matters much if the two men hate each other. (Didn't Johnson loathe Kenndy?)

If they feel teaming up this Nov. helps them, they will do so.

Last edited by john3232; Yesterday at 01:27 PM..

Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM

23,680 posts, read 12,582,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
If I were swayed to vote for Trump because I had no other option (definitely not voting Biden), I would retract that if DeSantis becomes VP.
You had previously stated at least twice that you would "never vote for Trump". So why would it matter to you who he chooses?

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

23,680 posts, read 12,582,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
And here's why he might accept assuming the VP slot is offered - if Trump win DeSantis (or whoever is VP) will be gearing up to run for the WH in four years.

Again, assuming Trump asks my guess is DeSantis will weighing the odds of the economy improving and his chance to ride that wave into the presidency.

I doubt it matters much if the two men hate each other. (Didn't Johnson loathe Kenndy?)

If they feel teaming up this Nov. helps them, they will do so.
I don't think they hated each other, most likely it was not much more than ruffled feathers and posturing, and maybe stress from campaigning, etc.

I don't even think DeSantis will be asked or will want the VP slot. Most likely, he'll be offered the DOJ slot. I think he would make a great DOJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies