Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 09:05 AM

6,543 posts, read 7,124,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Wisconsin is a stand your ground state he had no obligation to leave. It was a chaotic scene and happened within seconds.this is a case of f around and find out.he had every right to use that river.
I got my info from this local to me lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Kxo6r-_M4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 09:17 AM

3,385 posts, read 1,542,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I got my info from this local to me lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Kxo6r-_M4
I am watching that video now....

I watched the trial with this criminal defense lawyer giving commentary. He is very logical and is an expert on self defense....

https://youtu.be/zG8GoAuwEUM?si=cDmxJUukR5-Xy2OS

Old 04-13-2024, 09:25 AM

21,831 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Wisconsin is a stand your ground state he had no obligation to leave. It was a chaotic scene and happened within seconds.this is a case of f around and find out.he had every right to use that river.
Wisconsin is not a stand your ground state.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:28 AM

6,543 posts, read 7,124,380 times
Quote:
I am watching that video now....

I watched the trial with this criminal defense lawyer giving commentary. He is very logical and is an expert on self defense....

https://youtu.be/zG8GoAuwEUM?si=cDmxJUukR5-Xy2OS
Did the guy punch a girl to start it? That wasn’t seen in the video, but they claim it happened?

Old 04-13-2024, 09:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,612 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mPFFrgSHkw&t=111s

I know trials can be a matter of opinion. nickolae miu was convicted of 1ST Degree negligent homicide among other charges. the judge allowed prosecution to add charges near the end of the trial which would prevent the defense from preparing for those added charges. the defense wanted to emphasize burden of proof more for the state. the state has the burden of proof to prove it was not self defense. I don't know if anyone here watched the trial. some say this trial was the most polarizing in a long time. some claim that they had no doubt he was guilty. he was using self defense and was surrounded. I think the judge had it out for him.

Do you like the jury trail system? should jurors have their IQ tested or be trained in how to interpret the judges instructions? perhaps a non biased lawyer could explain the instructions better to the jury.

Some people though with high intelligence seem very biased so I don't know if a intelligence test would solve anything.
To answer your question, the jury/court system is absolutely the worst method imaginable to arrive at a decision this important.

Can you even IMAGINE using this method to make any other decision? No one would buy a car this way, with quietly listening to two opposing people spoon feed the information they want you to hear. You wouldn't buy a house, you wouldn't decide on a dog to adopt, a person to form a relationship, this way. No one would.

The jury should be given information created by an unbiased source (responsible media representatives can certainly manage that) and should be allowed to research and ask questions and seek counsel of people who know what they're talking about. And meanwhile, during this process, the jurors should be allowed to discuss the evidence presented with each other, real-time, when it's presented.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:33 AM

18,047 posts, read 15,649,855 times
Self-defense doesn't work too well on a jury, when the defendant could have left, but then decided to come back with a weapon and harm (kill in this case) the victim. That right there is when the defendant formed an intent to kill and then followed through on it.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Did the guy punch a girl to start it? That wasn’t seen in the video, but they claim it happened?
The guy never punched the girl. She can be seen dry in her bathing suit with no injuries. Those kids lied about so much so they could attack him. Mr cockfield instigated the event by lying saying he was looking for little girls.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Wisconsin is not a stand your ground state.
It is a loose stand your ground state not as much as Florida but he had no obligation to leave. The self defense lawyer I watch explained this.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:51 AM

21,831 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
It is a loose stand your ground state not as much as Florida but he had no obligation to leave. The self defense lawyer I watch explained this.
Then either he's ignorant or you got a completely incorrect impression. Wisconsin has no statutory duty to retreat. Totally different than stand your ground, not "loose stand your ground.". Irrelevant anyway. Even in a stand your ground law you can't run up to someone and punch them in the face to provoke a fight and get your stabbing on.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Then either he's ignorant or you got a completely incorrect impression. Wisconsin has no statutory duty to retreat. Totally different than stand your ground, not "loose stand your ground.". Irrelevant anyway. Even in a stand your ground law you can't run up to someone and punch them in the face to provoke a fight and get your stabbing on.
yes what I meant was there is no duty to retreat. he never punched her the kids lied. they got an innocent man convicted. there is no proof he punched that girl. this is why the dumb jury convicted him they believed the kids who are liars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies