Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2024, 07:19 PM

8,180 posts, read 3,725,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I read somewhere that the $1.8 billion in annual US military aid to Israel must be spent in the United States. This means it provides jobs for 50,000 US workers. The $1.2 billion in annual economic aid goes for repayment of debt to the United States, incurred from military purchases dating back many years. This debt is now close to being liquidated.

I agree with you that America needs to take care of her own. But I do believe Israel is our most important ally. A friend in need is a friend indeed. I think we need to support them.

The late senator Daniel Inouye said Israeli information regarding Soviet arms saved the US billions of dollars.

in 2009, Israel shares with the US its battle tested experience in combating Palestinian and Hizbullah terrorism, which are the role model of anti us islamic terrorism in Iraq.

During the first Gulf war 1991, Israel provided invaluable intelligence, an umbrella of air cover for military cargo, and had personael planted in the Iraqi desert to pick up downed American pilots.

I think we need to support Israel, they are our most important ally in my opinion.

This said, I don't have any answers. I hope Bibi knows what he's doing.
Hmmm, the military aid is paid for by the US tax payer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2024, 06:54 AM

6,217 posts, read 3,428,658 times
So let’s recap Biden’s response to this whole thing.

1) He condemns Hamas for killing 1200 innocent civilians

2) He sends tens of thousands of bombs to Israel

3) Michigan Muslims become irate

4) He sends tens of thousands of more bombs to Israel, but now he tells Israel to wrap it up quickly. He oddly no longer cares about the hostages.

5) He sends tens of thousands of more bombs to Israel, but now he condemns Israel.

6) He sends humanitarian aid to Palestine, which is used to primarily feed Hamas Fighters.

7) Now he says he will no longer send bombs to Israel.

Biden is ineffectual and weak and he only cares about retaining power. He doesn’t care about anything else.

Old 05-09-2024, 07:11 AM

9,056 posts, read 4,750,603 times
This might shed some light on why we see some Jews protesting in Israel.
(Might be part of the explanation for the same, in the US.)

https://www.darkreading.com/threat-i...sraeli-society
Quote:
A yearslong influence operation by Iran has been stoking the flames of social, cultural, and political unrest in Israel.

The scheme has had three distinct phases. The first, which began three years ago, pitted Israel's ultra-Orthodox and LGBTQ+ communities against one another. The next focused on embittered political discourse between the left and right. The third campaign, still ongoing, is focused on Israel's war with Hamas.

Old 05-09-2024, 07:46 AM

4,744 posts, read 4,451,350 times
I looked to see if this was posted earlier and didn't see it. I thought this was amazingly on target, very sadly so.
If you are pressed for time- go to the 2 minute mark and start watching from there, though it's all worth you time. This is Senator Graham.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC_1MO1ovJY

Old 05-09-2024, 08:49 AM

3,364 posts, read 1,751,353 times
If US doesn't support Israel, the middle east would have ganged up on Israel decades ago and even now. There is unequivocal support from the US towards Israel regardless what Biden says to the public he cannot change what the military does and no president can change the military industry complex has setup with our allies. Anybody who disagrees doesn't know how much power the military has over elected officials.

Old 05-09-2024, 09:04 AM

6,382 posts, read 2,939,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

4) He sends tens of thousands of more bombs to Israel, but now he tells Israel to wrap it up quickly. He oddly no longer cares about the hostages.

5) He sends tens of thousands of more bombs to Israel, but now he condemns Israel.

6) He sends humanitarian aid to Palestine, which is used to primarily feed Hamas Fighters.

Biden is ineffectual and weak and he only cares about retaining power. He doesn’t care about anything else.
Nice summary. Can Israel delete Hamas without US weapons? Could they survive without US aid? This looks like exactly what Hamas wanted - split Israel and the US.

Old 05-09-2024, 09:10 AM

6,792 posts, read 3,047,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Nice summary. Can Israel delete Hamas without US weapons? Could they survive without US aid? This looks like exactly what Hamas wanted - split Israel and the US.
I think people are jumping the gun here, imho.

Biden stopped shipping the 'big' 2k bombs. This doesn't mean Israel is all out of everything else.

This Definitely doesn't mean the US won't assist and defend Israel should they get attacked by Iran say.
We Will.

Israel probably has enough to finish rooting Hamas out of Rafah. This operation could well be over soon and all the posturing and the protests did nothing to lengthen or expedite it.

Old 05-09-2024, 10:14 AM

746 posts, read 497,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

In a nutshell yes, ineffectual leadership, and it's costing lives. It's the same thing with Ukraine, "we got your back", except it's a slow drip of weapons, with pre-conditions on their use, essentially tying the hands of Ukraine on waging an effective war. As a consequence, Ukraine lost a significant amount of human capital, has seen it's infrastructure wrecked, and least but not last...has given Russia room to build an effective war machine from the paper tiger which it was at the beginning of their invasion.

In regards to Israel, most of those hostages are now dead, largely thanks to delays, negotiations, and demands for ceasefires. If there was full support and a demand that Hamas surrender and release hostages as the ONLY option, this would have been over by now. There wouldn't be haggling with terrorists over some 3 dozen hostages supposedly left alive, Gazan civilians wouldn't have to be shuffling to yet another safe zone, and the process of rebuilding and the re-education of those people could get started.

Old 05-09-2024, 10:20 AM

746 posts, read 497,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
“The US is not threatening to give us precise missiles. Oh yeah? Well, I got news for the US. We have imprecise missiles, and we have the right to defend ourselves,” Tally Gotlive, a member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party, told Israeli Channel 7.

“So, maybe instead of using a precise missile and take down a specific room, or a specific building, I’ll use my imprecise missiles, and I’ll just destroy ten buildings. That’s what I’ll do.”

The far-right Knesset member claimed that Israel has the right to defend itself, and “will use what we possess”.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...nesset-member/

Old 05-09-2024, 10:29 AM

8,180 posts, read 3,725,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I think people are jumping the gun here, imho.

Biden stopped shipping the 'big' 2k bombs. This doesn't mean Israel is all out of everything else.

This Definitely doesn't mean the US won't assist and defend Israel should they get attacked by Iran say.
We Will.

Israel probably has enough to finish rooting Hamas out of Rafah. This operation could well be over soon and all the posturing and the protests did nothing to lengthen or expedite it.
There is no legitimate use of those in a dense urban environment, so he made the right decision in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies