Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 03:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,514,451 times

Advertisements

Most of the girls I know in my daughters generation are now reaching their late 20s or early 30s and the ones that have kids seem to be waiting until they're over 25 as both my daughters did. About half are single mothers struggling and these are not women who partied throughout college either. Some are saddled with debt, one I know of lives with her parents who are glad she's around with her kid.

I have a daughter who is a college grad and a single mother. She relies on me, sis and her mom heavily when it comes to childcare. The father to my grandson took off to Columbia almost 3 years ago and he has not been back since.

Where are the MEN!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 04:00 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,331,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Good Grief, how do you keep up with, or even know, how much everyone in that coffee shop spent and what they ordered much less if they were taking classes and if they had student loans and what the interest rate and terms of their loan is. Do you work there and stalk them?
Don’t confuse him with logic. He’s on a roll, like Bluto screaming about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:05 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,331,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If she wanted to become a mother so soon, why bother going to college at all? And where is the baby daddy to help out with the bills?

One doesn't need a college degree in order to be a good mother. In fact, her degree is just causing her more stress.

No sympathy from me!!!

Liberals also seem to think that every single young person needs a college degree. SO NOT TRUE!!!

And wouldn't it be more sensible for a high school graduate to get a job first, grow up some more, before deciding on a career path and what college degree is truly needed? Too many college graduates end up with useless majors and massive debt.
Even with those “useless degrees” they are statistically more likely to be and stay employed and advance in a field and have greater career earnings than their non-college brothers and sisters. That won’t change.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:09 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,844,086 times
Quote:
If she wanted to become a mother so soon, why bother going to college at all? And where is the baby daddy to help out with the bills?
How odd that you assume this woman is a single mother. She is a 28-year-old married woman who graduated a few years ago.

Why do you think you jumped to that conclusion? You should probably explore what other narrow presumptions you make on a daily basis.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,823,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Right now women are the bulk of individuals attending school and getting a higher education. Not surprising.

Question is, where are the MEN?

Where are the families?

Me and my wife put our daughters through college. We were poor as paupers when they graduated but they owed about 6k when they were done.

Seems like the system is pretty messed up to me in a lot of ways.

The system is messed up simply because the government "sells" kids on massive "pay later loans" which then explodes the student population. The colleges then raises tuitions to make a bigger profit on these kids now flush with borrowed cash.

It's usury! The government, politicians and universities are basically colluding in a massive circle jerk of wealth transference under the guise of "helping".

Someone has to pay for those billion dollar stadiums and arenas. Someone has to pay for those day spa, climbing walls, and mineral pools. Those wide-eyed kids, that's who. Slaves for life with a no bankruptcy clause... the only loan system which is illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Most of the girls I know in my daughters generation are now reaching their late 20s or early 30s and the ones that have kids seem to be waiting until they're over 25 as both my daughters did. About half are single mothers struggling and these are not women who partied throughout college either. Some are saddled with debt, one I know of lives with her parents who are glad she's around with her kid.

I have a daughter who is a college grad and a single mother. She relies on me, sis and her mom heavily when it comes to childcare. The father to my grandson took off to Columbia almost 3 years ago and he has not been back since.

Where are the MEN!!!
I applaud women who follow the right course, even under burden. My wife and I had our children before we were prepared, but managed to get them through HS and into the world, alive and healthy.

As for the men... I fear that many are in a basement somewhere playing Counter Strike.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:25 PM

42,080 posts, read 75,559,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It sure is, many are just running up student loan debt on cars, restaurants, multi-time a day latte and croissant habits with student loans driving to the coffee shop with an expensive car on student loans

I was at a coffeeshop near a university the other day and many of the cars were extremely new. Many of the college students going there to study were spending nearly $15 on lunch-boxes, mocha and petite croissant lunch combos.
Good Lord, you're good at making assumptions, aren't you? How many of the women did you talk to personally to determine their student status, their loan status, their income, etc.?

Quote:
Seems like for the first person the article was about, she didn't think it was fair that she had to continue to pay $500 because she had a baby and was on maternity leave
Interrupting your income potential can be a valid reason for temporarily suspending or reducing the monthly payment on a student loan.

Quote:
Someone else who didn't the article. She's 28 and married.

Oops ...

Old 03-09-2018, 07:36 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,419,087 times
Well, for the misandrist and SJW, extreme feminists, I have a few words of truth for you: "You may be the deliver, but we are the supplier".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies