Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:43 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,717,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvdog View Post
I think many Pittsburghers would probably think all of Boston was "snooty".
Yes, because it's Pittsburghers that coined the term "Masshole" or something.

Also, after working at Mt. Lebo for 6 years I can say with confidence that those people are snooty. That's just like, my opinion man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM

270 posts, read 340,855 times
Quote:
Quote:
Also, after working at Mt. Lebo for 6 years I can say with confidence that those people are snooty.
Really? The entire town is snooty? I bet you feel the same way about USC- and Peters Township too.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,257,083 times
The police and township fathers are real sticklers for the rules in Mt. Lebanon, they run a tighter ship than more municipalities around Pittsburgh.

And the traffic situation is often horrific throughout the South Hills, including Mt. Lebanon.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,541,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
The police and township fathers are real sticklers for the rules in Mt. Lebanon, they run a tighter ship than more municipalities around Pittsburgh.

And the traffic situation is often horrific throughout the South Hills, including Mt. Lebanon.
You should probably never live in Lebo and never travel to the South Hills.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvdog View Post
Really? The entire town is snooty? I bet you feel the same way about USC- and Peters Township too.
Ruffle some feathers eh?

No not everyone is snooty, but the majority were. Sorry, that's what I experienced and the guys I worked with agreed. Also I didn't spend 40 hours a week dealing with customers from USC or Peters, but I did at Lebo. Not my favorite crowd.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:08 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,257,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
You should probably never live in Lebo and never travel to the South Hills.

I try my best to avoid that part of town.

I did live in Shannon as well as Brentwood near the Whitehall border, and I did not like the vibe.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:25 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Ruffle some feathers eh?

No not everyone is snooty, but the majority were. Sorry, that's what I experienced and the guys I worked with agreed. Also I didn't spend 40 hours a week dealing with customers from USC or Peters, but I did at Lebo. Not my favorite crowd.
Just curious what kind of interaction you had vis a vis Mt.Lebanon , etc., residents? I won't dispute that some can be "snooty", but in my experience, as I have stated earlier, it's usually the younger, newer residents. You know, with the leased Mercedes-Benz, and a mortgage up the wazoo, not the long time resident, who may be loaded, and drives a 5 year old Buick or Caddy.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post

I will just say this; in over 30 years of living in either Mt.Lebo, or USC, I have been pulled over probably 5-6 times by the police. Not once was I ticketed; just given a warning, which, realistically, was what I deserved.
However, in Bridgeville, my next door neighbor, unfortunately, I was ticketed for going 35 mph in a 30 mph zone, no warning, by a Barney Fife wannabe.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:40 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,541,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
I will just say this; in over 30 years of living in either Mt.Lebo, or USC, I have been pulled over probably 5-6 times by the police. Not once was I ticketed; just given a warning, which, realistically, was what I deserved.
However, in Bridgeville, my next door neighbor, unfortunately, I was ticketed for going 35 mph in a 30 mph zone, no warning, by a Barney Fife wannabe.

Likewise, was driving in Lebo and pulled over for an expired registration, was given a warning and told to get it ASAP. Same thing happened to me in Bellevue, got one hell of a ticket.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
Just curious what kind of interaction you had vis a vis Mt.Lebanon , etc., residents? I won't dispute that some can be "snooty", but in my experience, as I have stated earlier, it's usually the younger, newer residents. You know, with the leased Mercedes-Benz, and a mortgage up the wazoo, not the long time resident, who may be loaded, and drives a 5 year old Buick or Caddy.
I worked at a grocery store so it was bagging their groceries, retrieving items from them in the back room, answering absurd questions, collecting their carts, hearing insane complaints at customer service, etc. People looked at me like I had 3 heads when I told them I didn't know if we carried caviar. I got the feeling that we were viewed as peasants from most people.

You really get to know the community when you're a middle man between them and nourishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh