Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 06:24 PM

1,665 posts, read 1,929,095 times

Advertisements

Otis.

And a story:

Once upon a time, a dear friend of mine brought home what she thought was a baby Nubian Billy goat. She held him on her lap in the rocker, in front of the Tv almost every night.

The baby "Nubian" grew and grew and grew ------- u til he soon became too big for my friend's lap and also too big for the house. He became relegated to the barn and never forgave my friend.

When he reached adulthood, he stood seven feet when he stood on just his hind legs. He would head butt anyone who came tnru the barn doors, except my friend who was the guilty party who sent him there.

Her barn was also a boarding barn for horses, so a head butting, seven foot tall billy goat was not the thing to have around ---- he got me good and let me just say that I was glad I was already well past the point of wanting more children.

It came to pass Otis had to go, but he ended up in a good home with others of his own kind.

I being this up to the OP, after her comment about holding her baby billy on her lap --- I hope he doesn't grow too much, lollol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 06:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,447,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
Otis.

And a story:

Once upon a time, a dear friend of mine brought home what she thought was a baby Nubian Billy goat. She held him on her lap in the rocker, in front of the Tv almost every night.

The baby "Nubian" grew and grew and grew ------- u til he soon became too big for my friend's lap and also too big for the house. He became relegated to the barn and never forgave my friend.

When he reached adulthood, he stood seven feet when he stood on just his hind legs. He would head butt anyone who came tnru the barn doors, except my friend who was the guilty party who sent him there.

Her barn was also a boarding barn for horses, so a head butting, seven foot tall billy goat was not the thing to have around ---- he got me good and let me just say that I was glad I was already well past the point of wanting more children.

It came to pass Otis had to go, but he ended up in a good home with others of his own kind.

I being this up to the OP, after her comment about holding her baby billy on her lap --- I hope he doesn't grow too much, lollol

Oh no. At least I saw his parents so he should stay small. And another story...my Dh and I went to feed them some grain this morning and my little guy must have got one pellet kind of stuck. Not choking but a little foaming. I made him get some water in his mouth and picked him up. As I was petting him and talking to him he laid his head between my shoulder and neck and then fell asleep. My Dh said "he's pitiful"...but so cute

Old 04-12-2018, 07:24 AM

1,665 posts, read 1,929,095 times
He sure sounds sweet. He will be so spoiled he won't want to go outside to live with his harem, lollol

Old 04-12-2018, 01:37 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,040,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Oh no. At least I saw his parents so he should stay small. And another story...my Dh and I went to feed them some grain this morning and my little guy must have got one pellet kind of stuck. Not choking but a little foaming. I made him get some water in his mouth and picked him up. As I was petting him and talking to him he laid his head between my shoulder and neck and then fell asleep. My Dh said "he's pitiful"...but so cute
Aww - MOM. Little guy needs that TLC now.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:22 AM

30,672 posts, read 16,324,948 times
Humphrey Bogoat?

He is a cutie.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:53 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,318,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I would say Billy but that's like naming your rabbit Thumper. :-)
I was going to suggest "Gruff." lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Aww - MOM. Little guy needs that TLC now.
Definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Humphrey Bogoat?

He is a cutie.
lmao! Love that.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:46 AM

19,888 posts, read 22,809,367 times
Kicker!

Old 04-20-2018, 11:03 AM

10,123 posts, read 6,488,549 times
I had a dwarf Nubian male a long time ago. I named him "Wilbur".

Old 04-24-2018, 06:28 AM

8,676 posts, read 22,968,121 times
Funny, Oscar was the first name that came to mind.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:01 AM

2,610 posts, read 2,208,315 times
I like Louie, name just popped into my head when I saw the picture. Some people don't like to use people names but I like to use them if they are no longer used, Otis, Fanny, Blanche, Artimus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets