Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 08:16 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
This is ridiculous. There are NO public K-12 schools in the entire country that are teaching CRT. It's just a hot button issue that riles up right wingers because they have no real policies to bring to the table other than tax cuts for the rich, so they resort to complaining about things like CRT, Big Bird, Mr. Potato head, transgender athletes and all sorts of nonsense.

However, ALL public schools in the United States SHOULD be teaching CRT. What is so wrong about teaching the impact of racial disparities that exist in our socioeconomic system?! What is so scary about teaching that?!

CRT does NOT vilify white people and it does NOT victimize white people. This is ridiculous.

There is nothing "liberal" or wrong about teaching the truth about our nation and its history in terms of racial justice issues.

With that said, the FL panhandle (and FL in general) is disgustingly conservative with severely underfunded public schools and opposition to teaching CRT is strong here, because for some reason people are terrified of their children learning the truth. Florida is a confederate state, so I'm not surprised.

Furthermore, public schools should not be conservative or liberal. They should be nonpartisan, neutral institutions of learning.
LOL. I went to public high school from 1998-2002. Even back then, critical race theory underpinned and was the premise behind all we were fed in history and social studies classes.

The fundamental tenets of critical race theory are simple and are as follows:

1) race is a social construction
2) the laws and institutions of the US have been designed to protect the "white race" and oppress all other "races"

They don't like to call it "critical race theory" because they don't want to show their hand, but everything that is taught in history and social studies classes is based on these twin tenets and has been for quite some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 07:35 AM

225 posts, read 178,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
This is ridiculous. There are NO public K-12 schools in the entire country that are teaching CRT. It's just a hot button issue that riles up right wingers because they have no real policies to bring to the table other than tax cuts for the rich, so they resort to complaining about things like CRT, Big Bird, Mr. Potato head, transgender athletes and all sorts of nonsense.

However, ALL public schools in the United States SHOULD be teaching CRT. What is so wrong about teaching the impact of racial disparities that exist in our socioeconomic system?! What is so scary about teaching that?!

CRT does NOT vilify white people and it does NOT victimize white people. This is ridiculous.

There is nothing "liberal" or wrong about teaching the truth about our nation and its history in terms of racial justice issues.

With that said, the FL panhandle (and FL in general) is disgustingly conservative with severely underfunded public schools and opposition to teaching CRT is strong here, because for some reason people are terrified of their children learning the truth. Florida is a confederate state, so I'm not surprised.

Furthermore, public schools should not be conservative or liberal. They should be nonpartisan, neutral institutions of learning.
The problem is that this is not what is happening now in schools. The CRT underpinnings are glaringly obvious in today's academic settings in the K-12 just last subject matter.

Many teachers are openly admitting their own "political bias" in the classroom...perhaps you read about one such admission by a female teacher just last week.....What I have discovered independently is that the "basis" of Critical Race Theory is indeed being "woven" surreptitiously in many lesson plans across the range of subject matter....even strangely so in Mathematics.

You are blindly misinformed....to support a falsehood. Do some real, personal research. Your casual investigation should reveal evidence like this:

https://www.newsweek.com/audio-shows...g-born-1585069

https://wbckfm.com/critical-race-the...-the-evidence/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...l-race-theory/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/5693550001/

https://www.iwf.org/2021/11/02/fact-...ublic-schools/

Old 12-22-2021, 07:43 AM

225 posts, read 178,677 times
So, nep321, we live in two different realities....I'm not in CountryClub lakes

I'm a former teacher and my spouse is Hispanic and a teacher, and my spouse certifies that a form or "introduction to CRT" is certainly being deliberately inculcated (spouse's words) in many curricula across the board.

So which "evidence" shall you deny/refute.....your "feelings", or direct witness testimony??

Last edited by SkyperTyper; 12-22-2021 at 08:14 AM..

Old 02-08-2022, 12:12 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,972 times
Place your kid in private religious school and have them live in a bubble. Protestant ones do that best.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:48 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Place your kid in private religious school and have them live in a bubble. Protestant ones do that best.
Yeah. My Catholic high school was big on teaching the Civil Rights movement and other social justice concerns.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:43 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Yep. Unfortunately, so many people want to protect their children from factual history. It is rather sad, but, that's white folks for you. (Yes, I am white.)

Old 02-13-2022, 09:13 PM

33 posts, read 26,358 times
You might as well refer to CRT as "I hate white people theory."

Critical Race Theory is a Marxist indoctrination that teaches:

- America is inherently racist.

- All white people are racist.

- Color-blindness is racist.

- Our systems (judicial, military) are irredeemably racist.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizini View Post
You might as well refer to CRT as "I hate white people theory."

Critical Race Theory is a Marxist indoctrination that teaches:

- America is inherently racist.

- All white people are racist.

- Color-blindness is racist.

- Our systems (judicial, military) are irredeemably racist.
Well, while it really has nothing to do with Marxism (which, in and of itself is not inherently bad), we do have a indisputably racist history and systems. It is not even questionable.

Last edited by AnsleyPark; 02-16-2022 at 03:23 PM..

Old 02-18-2022, 06:51 PM

33 posts, read 26,358 times
AnsleyPark, are you white? If so, you are racist according to CRT. No other factors need be taken into consideration. You are racist because you are white. And CRT doesn't just teach that our systems were racist in the past. Systems today are not only racist, they are irredeemably racist.

Old 02-19-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizini View Post
AnsleyPark, are you white? If so, you are racist according to CRT. No other factors need be taken into consideration. You are racist because you are white. And CRT doesn't just teach that our systems were racist in the past. Systems today are not only racist, they are irredeemably racist.
That's really not the way it works on an individual level. However, sure our systems have been and, to some extent, continue to be racist (among other unsavory qualities). This should not be seen as an attack on white folks, but should be educational and hopefully prompt us to continue improving ourselves and our systems. And, yes, I am a middle-aged white guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola