Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 12:41 AM

28 posts, read 28,770 times

Advertisements

This is factually inaccurate. My best friend who I have known since we were 8 years old is in a crisis point daily at work as a social studies junior high teacher in a school district of Southeastern Pennsylvania. He said he first noticed it slowly about 4 years ago when topics switched during their meetings to terms like equity from equality. Flash forward to present day and he is nearing the point of walking away from a 20 year career, pension benefits, etc because they are subjected to weekly "guest speakers" and "educators" who are brought in to teach about whiteness, white privilege, etc. They are being forced to incorporate it into lesson plans, have shifted away from lessons with any hint of positive affirmation towards our founders. He calls it indoctrination. They are teaching kids to reject nationalism and embrace a view as a global citizen, to examine your whiteness, to disregard concepts like the meaning behind the revolutionary war, the founders, Columbus Day, etc. They label disregard or contempt for the subject matter as "micro-agression" or treat you as if you are abhorrent for questioning any of it. He is constantly stressed and shocked because he knows it's wrong, teaches that race determines your fate, is creating activists at age 11 through positive reinforcement of the subject matter. He said he see the confusion on some kids faces, especially the little boys who are being taught they are bad, sinned, and require pacification for sins committed centuries ago.

Its one thing for someone to argue in defense of CRT, I get it we all have different views of which I myself or others may not subscribe too. But, to deny that this is happening, to call it conspiracy or to pretend it's not real does nothing but make me more suspicious of it's true motive and intent. It is most certainly happening, it is most positively real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
Please find a school that will do a better job than it did with you. CRT is not taught in high school. CRT is taught on the university level if you are in law school. CRT is just the latest Republican scare tactic to win votes.
This is factually inaccurate. My best friend who I have known since we were 8 years old is in a crisis point daily at work as a social studies junior high teacher in a school district of Southeastern Pennsylvania. He said he first noticed it slowly about 4 years ago when topics switched during their meetings to terms like equity from equality. Flash forward to present day and he is nearing the point of walking away from a 20 year career, pension benefits, etc because they are subjected to weekly "guest speakers" and "educators" who are brought in to teach about whiteness, white privilege, etc. They are being forced to incorporate it into lesson plans, have shifted away from lessons with any hint of positive affirmation towards our founders. He calls it indoctrination. They are teaching kids to reject nationalism and embrace a view as a global citizen, to examine your whiteness, to disregard concepts like the meaning behind the revolutionary war, the founders, Columbus Day, etc. They label disregard or contempt for the subject matter as "micro-agression" or treat you as if you are abhorrent for questioning any of it. He is constantly stressed and shocked because he knows it's wrong, teaches that race determines your fate, is creating activists at age 11 through positive reinforcement of the subject matter. He said he see the confusion on some kids faces, especially the little boys who are being taught they are bad, sinned, and require pacification for sins committed centuries ago.

Its one thing for someone to argue in defense of CRT, I get it we all have different views of which I myself or others may not subscribe too. But, to deny that this is happening, to call it conspiracy or to pretend it's not real does nothing but make me more suspicious of it's true motive and intent. It is most certainly happening, it is most positively real.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:42 AM

38 posts, read 37,247 times
As a former teacher, I can state that this indoctrination seeped into informal curriculum several years ago, and it started in history classes and social studies classes, then migrated into English Composition.

Few parents remember the intentional efforts to legitimize the use and introduction of "ebonics" for example. Yep, "ebonics"...remember?

There are numerous other graphic examples within the classroom back then, and now.

Black/African American Studies
Women's Studies
Gender Studies
Feminist Studies
Human Geography
Sociology
International Studies
Critical Thinking

And yes, some of these are not just in college but in secondary school.

If your teacher is a leftist activist (or right), believe me, their spin is always incorporated in the lesson plan. If she is a bigot, ditto. If she is a lesbian, ditto - now more than ever! agendas are seeping into your kids' heads and it's deliberate or sly - even nefarious at times, rather that sticking to the actual subject matter. The administrators are even worse than the teachers. All are "recruiting" young minds 24/7/365. Parents better pay closer attention.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:54 AM

I'm 40 and I often ask myself why I was able to avoid the indoctrination? I realize now how lucky I was. When I was attending elementary school in the late 80s early 90s, my teachers in 1-6th grade were all a bunch of older ladies as gentle and as loving and sweet as could be. These woman were from the greatest generation. Their husbands were all WW2 veterans. I was fortunate enough to have my mind shaped by the most patriotic, duty driven generation in our nation's history. They were a generation of people who lived through the depression, a World War that they thought they might lose, they witnessed the evils of communism, they were self sufficient and resilient and by default did not subscribe to the "state" solving all problems or government. I remember we sang patriotic songs, we celebrated our nations founding but just as easily learned of the horrors of slavery, the holocaust, etc. Every position from which they taught was from a viewpoint that our country was to be celebrated despite imperfections and that we had the power to be whatever we wanted in life and make it even better. It was a hopeful message not divisive. I feel so very blessed for each of those wonderful teachers who only now do I realize how impactful and fortunate I was to have shape my young mind. I wish for all kids that same experience. I was never taught that I was bad or that the people around me were to be treated differently or thought of differently because of their race. I just remember a warm, friendly environment that I cherish now looking back. 8 year old kids should be built up like a house with a strong foundation, not subjected to negative racial undertones, subjective viewpoints about the motives of people who have been dead for 200 years taken out of context or made to be put inside a box where only one view point is accepted.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:30 AM

Yes^^indeed. It's shameful that those days of actual teaching subject matter are gone or fading in some systems.

Leftists are now overly represented in the classroom...of those leftists, most of the teachers, and guidance counselors are the vast majority of women. Few if any real men are teaching in early childhood, middle school or even high school, notwithstanding "coaches" of sport. Children are getting spoonfed a regular diet of liberalism, pontificated and championed by left-leaning, sometimes man-hating females with an agenda. Parents have found this out only recently. It's been aided and abetted by the media - print, visual and social. It's plain as day, the mask is off.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:58 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I understand that Russia is not very liberal...
What does that even mean?

In what context?

In other words, the overthrowing of the Czar and the subsequent Bolshevik revolution weren't exactly efforts to "conserve"...

Similarly, the fall and breakup of the Soviet Union also was not a "conservative" effort...

Considering the fact that Russia has gone through at least two *epic*, earth-shattering revolutions over the past ~100 years, I wouldn't exactly call their politics "conservative".

Old 11-12-2021, 11:11 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,318,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Um, earth to OP-- CRT is not taught in public high schools. Nor was it ever.

Sometimes CRT is taught directly to students, sometimes it isn't. But CRT is definitely taught to the teachers, and they use the theory to frame their classroom discussions.

Schools nowadays are run by teachers with degrees in Education (rather than in the subject they teach). Why is that a problem? Because Education schools are dominated by hard core leftists and all of their counterfactual anti-history. They make it difficult to earn a Ed.D. while remaining truthful about history and social issues.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:31 PM

451 posts, read 456,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Sometimes CRT is taught directly to students, sometimes it isn't. But CRT is definitely taught to the teachers, and they use the theory to frame their classroom discussions.

Schools nowadays are run by teachers with degrees in Education (rather than in the subject they teach). Why is that a problem? Because Education schools are dominated by hard core leftists and all of their counterfactual anti-history. They make it difficult to earn a Ed.D. while remaining truthful about history and social issues.
Care to enlighten us as to counterfactual anti-history? Examples please.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:43 AM

As a former teacher, I'll try to give you an example that I'm aware of. During the organization of The Black Panthers, their existence and mantra was taught in social studies classes as a non-violent "defensive" organization for the sole protection of the "black community"....which is a complete distortion and half-truth, thus a lie.

In "Current Events" curriculum now, BLM ("Black Lives Matter") it is being taught and discussed and described as a "social justice MOVEMENT", not what it really is by any objective academic metric, a Marxist philopsophy/activist group (by their own stated principles) but is not disrobed in the classroom in any way accurately explaining what Marxism is and represents. That too is a distortion of the facts, thus by definition "counterfactual" and a distortion of current "history". It's a "sin of omission"...i.e. another lie.

I could go on, and on.....especially in science classes - enforcing the myth of "non-binary" genders, without the complete academic discussion of the facts of "X" and "Y" chromosomes.
Another "sin of omission"....intentionally so.

What more?

Last edited by MyraAngelyn; 11-13-2021 at 10:10 AM..

Old 11-13-2021, 04:32 PM

451 posts, read 456,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyraAngelyn View Post
As a former teacher, I'll try to give you an example that I'm aware of. During the organization of The Black Panthers, their existence and mantra was taught in social studies classes as a non-violent "defensive" organization for the sole protection of the "black community"....which is a complete distortion and half-truth, thus a lie.

In "Current Events" curriculum now, BLM ("Black Lives Matter") it is being taught and discussed and described as a "social justice MOVEMENT", not what it really is by any objective academic metric, a Marxist philopsophy/activist group (by their own stated principles) but is not disrobed in the classroom in any way accurately explaining what Marxism is and represents. That too is a distortion of the facts, thus by definition "counterfactual" and a distortion of current "history". It's a "sin of omission"...i.e. another lie.

I could go on, and on.....especially in science classes - enforcing the myth of "non-binary" genders, without the complete academic discussion of the facts of "X" and "Y" chromosomes.
Another "sin of omission"....intentionally so.

What more?
Yes, I'm interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola