Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 07:52 PM

34 posts, read 40,515 times

Advertisements

Yeah if you can afford the crazy housing prices there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 09:05 PM

12,813 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Let me guess, when you are at home, you also feel very "at home"?

OP, you are not being too positive....well, maybe a tad but than again you need a point of reference to make any kind of determination. So, if someone is very unhappy living in OC/SoCal/CA, they might feel you are being too positive.

IMO, you should feel good about where you are for whatever reasons. If not, depending on the reason, you might consider relocating. Also, some people relocate for other reasons (family, job, etc.).

I will be relocating back to AZ within a year. Not my choice of destination as I lived there for couple of years about 15 years ago. Not a bad place but just not my cup of tea.
I'll be moving there short term for family but this will, in a way, allow me to take another stab at it. If I feel the same way again, I will relocate to my desired destination which was/is PNW.

I am still not unclear as to the purpose of this thread. Perhaps not to boast but might still be in need of affirmation of validation of some kind?
Doesn't matter, if you are happy with where you are then that is all it should matter (to you).
You responded with five paragraphs for a post you’re u clear about? I love living in OC and that’s pretty much it? Good luck in the rwi or in 120 degree heat.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
It felt like that to me when I in OC on vacay. But I was on vacay.
Weather doesn’t change regardless of your work status

Old 05-15-2023, 03:27 PM

1,203 posts, read 666,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
That looks like my hood
Do you live in Orchard Hills?

Old 05-15-2023, 10:27 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
You responded with five paragraphs for a post you’re u clear about? I love living in OC and that’s pretty much it? Good luck in the rwi or in 120 degree heat.
Yes, I wasn't clear about your intention and you didn't sound too certain either.
5 paragraphs with 1-2 lines about nothing to do with the purpose of this thread.
That sarcastic response and lack of a valid answer however, confirmed you were merely "boasting".

Enjoy your vacation and keep on keeping on!

Old 05-16-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Yes, I wasn't clear about your intention and you didn't sound too certain either.
5 paragraphs with 1-2 lines about nothing to do with the purpose of this thread.
That sarcastic response and lack of a valid answer however, confirmed you were merely "boasting".

Enjoy your vacation and keep on keeping on!
Not a vaca when it's every day. Be well my friend.

Old 05-17-2023, 06:38 PM

242 posts, read 251,049 times
I live in North OC and love it.

No regrets moving here from Denver, and I’m a very avid skier. I just like the city here so much better. I’ll travel for snow sports

Old 05-18-2023, 08:28 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times
Quote:
This isnt' meant to boast, but I feel great living here and I'm not sure why I need to feel bad about it.

O.P., who says you need to feel bad about it?

Old 05-18-2023, 08:37 AM

1,075 posts, read 553,346 times
I don't live in CA, but spent some time in OC/Irvine. I always thought it was a lovely place. Beautiful this time of year with the flowers in full bloom. There is a calming aromatic smell in the air that we don't get where I live.

Old 05-18-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Tracks View Post
Irvine to me means work, not vacation.
Not to me, it's not very bustling imo. My hood has some great foliage and heated pools, so it feels vacationy and I'm pretty close to the beaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov View Post
I live in North OC and love it.

No regrets moving here from Denver, and I’m a very avid skier. I just like the city here so much better. I’ll travel for snow sports
Loved Denver, but missed the water. You're not that far from snow sports here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
O.P., who says you need to feel bad about it?
There's a tenor here and in the real world that California sucks and everyone's leaving, etc. You have out of state posters in here and the California board just dogging the state.

My post, as usual, is satirical but it's basically "hey, some of us are happy. Is that ok with you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalUID View Post
I don't live in CA, but spent some time in OC/Irvine. I always thought it was a lovely place. Beautiful this time of year with the flowers in full bloom. There is a calming aromatic smell in the air that we don't get where I live.
Yea, we love our flowers here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County