Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:13 AM

27 posts, read 157,328 times

Advertisements

Hi, we lived in Mission Viejo and now live 20 minutes away because the heat was really bad in the summer. Yes, California gets pretty hot, true-but Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, RSMargarita-although very beautiful and safe and family-friendly-still they are hot! - Carlsbad is great! The sun feels different there! Cute houses. These two neighborhoods are very different in my opinion. Even though I hate the hot, I think Mission Viejo/Lake Forest area would be great if you want convenience and an abundance of shopping and cafe's and restaurants/eateries and pools and families families famlies sort of living. NOt to say there isn't in Carlsbad, BUT I think that area of Lake Forest/RSM/Mission Viejo is great! In Rancho Santa Margarita they have a neat lake that you can walk around, I used to love that in the winter time, so cozy...... We live near the coast now because of the much cooler weather which is helpful in summer. San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente are worth checking out but I hope you don't go into a few straights and say forget it because when you really drive, you'll see a lot of homes that are appetizing and cute and cozy-if you can afford it! - Don't forget about Costa Mesa. There is one section that's not so great but MOST of it really cozy and people working in their garages on crafts, or woodworking or on their collectible cars. Lots of shopping convenience, malls, eateries,(lots and lots), and right next to the beach! awesome! just a thought! -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2006, 11:03 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,847 times
Konijn, thank you SO much for your awesome post - I can envision the things that you are saying, thanks for your descriptions, etc. I will re-read all and keep. You know, my heart seems to draw me to CA, even though I keep hearing and reading about many that are getting out. Such is life, I suppose, having choices is good though.

Thank you once again - wishing you and all on the board an absolutely beautiful week-end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County