Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:55 AM

77 posts, read 499,206 times

Advertisements

For Burgers? Loui M's

For Pizza? Sorintino's

For BBQ? Famous Dave's

For Buffet? China Star

For Fine Dinning? The Upstream.

For Beers and Wings? Buffalo Company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 08:34 AM

1,119 posts, read 4,200,902 times
Default There's alot of great restaurants

cheescake factory...
whiskey creek has awesome steaks and so does lazlo's
la mesa's is really good

Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 AM

475 posts, read 2,235,574 times
Upstream is not fine dining... place it under the 'Brewpub' category. I do like Lazlo's as well... Jobber's Canyon is good too... haven't tried the place on the northwest corner of Westroads yet.

A few of my favorites...

You want fine dining? Cafe de Paris at 6th and Pierce (south of Pacific) ... very expensive, reservations required... but a world class French dining experience. Take your significant other there for a big date/anniversary.

Italian: Lo Sole Mio... a fantastic restaurant in the Hanscom Park neighborhood. No reservations... but long wait to get in... so go early!
http://www.losolemio.com/

Pizza: La Casa's ... nothing beats thin crust neopolitan pizza! get some onion rings too!

Tapas: España, Spanish tapas bar in downtown Benson... perhaps one of Omaha's best kept secrets. Call ahead, some nights they have live flamingo guitarist/dancing.

Diner: Hollywood Diner... great atmosphere in authentic diner, complete with movie nostalgia. There's the original one on Abbott Drive to the airport... or check out the one way out on west Maple (what is it? like just north of on 156th or so?)

All the new chain restaurants in west Omaha are great... but don't forget about all of our wonderful local offerings.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM

217 posts, read 891,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer View Post
Upstream is not fine dining... place it under the 'Brewpub' category. I do like Lazlo's as well... Jobber's Canyon is good too... haven't tried the place on the northwest corner of Westroads yet.

A few of my favorites...

You want fine dining? Cafe de Paris at 6th and Pierce (south of Pacific) ... very expensive, reservations required... but a world class French dining experience. Take your significant other there for a big date/anniversary.

Italian: Lo Sole Mio... a fantastic restaurant in the Hanscom Park neighborhood. No reservations... but long wait to get in... so go early!
http://www.losolemio.com/

Pizza: La Casa's ... nothing beats thin crust neopolitan pizza! get some onion rings too!

Tapas: España, Spanish tapas bar in downtown Benson... perhaps one of Omaha's best kept secrets. Call ahead, some nights they have live flamingo guitarist/dancing.

Diner: Hollywood Diner... great atmosphere in authentic diner, complete with movie nostalgia. There's the original one on Abbott Drive to the airport... or check out the one way out on west Maple (what is it? like just north of on 156th or so?)

All the new chain restaurants in west Omaha are great... but don't forget about all of our wonderful local offerings.
Any Polish or Eastern European resturant around?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:14 AM

Bohemian Cafe
http://www.bohemiancafe.net/

Old 01-29-2007, 11:36 AM

1,119 posts, read 4,200,902 times
here is a list of 1,065 restaurants in the Omaha area

http://www.truelocal.com/search.aspx?q=restaurants&cs=omaha (broken link)

Old 01-29-2007, 01:06 PM

That's alot of chain fast food places to wade through there Erik...

Check out this local review site... the information is a little more targeted...

http://www.omaha-review.com/

Old 01-30-2007, 12:03 PM

77 posts, read 499,206 times
[quote=star_gazer;315982]Upstream is not fine dining... place it under the 'Brewpub' category.

Well, any place that has silverware is fine dining for this Nebraska Redneck.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:40 PM

184 posts, read 902,321 times
Exclamation Upstream rules!

On the first day I ever visited Omaha (for business) we went to dine at the Upstream with a few of my colleagues. The food was great, the atmosphere is totally appropriate to the region, and all my colleagues from overseas enjoyed the rustic western feel of the place.

But what was really interesting is that one of the rather hot young waitresses was more than friendly with us. Including sharing some pretty personal information on how local girls "get happy" if they are bored with the local boys. We were just laughing. It may have been the foreign visitors that set her off, but we didn't mind. Whenever I'm in Omaha... I make sure to dine at the UPSTREAM. Not because it's classy, but because it's very Nebraskan!

Old 01-31-2007, 03:12 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,620,594 times
Which Upstream do you eat at? There's the original Downtown and the one out west?

My favorite places to eat are:

Spaghettit Works: Nothing fancy or expensive but I love the beer cheese and the atmosphere.

Jazz: A cajun restaurant. It's a small chain but it's my new favorite place to eat right now. I'm actually going there tonight. The crawfish and andouille fetaccini is my hands down favorite.

The Smoke Pit: Awesome BBQ. Love the ribs especially.

Jobber's Canyon: Good comfort food, even better beer! It's delicious.

Alvarado's: It's Mexican food like Chinese food.(All chinese people work @ the Chinese restaurants, all hispanics work at Alvarado;s) It's a 24/7 place that has BIG portions. If you're not used to real Mexican food don't expect to get Taco Bell.

All of these places but Alvarado's are Downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha