Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 08:01 AM

752 posts, read 1,493,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Let's put the long discredited Franklin scandal behind us, shall we?
Amen! The Franklin scandal has long since been discredited as a hoax and frankly it is not exactly relevant to this discussion.

The cases involved (such as Johnny Gosch) are too removed in time to be related to Jason or Perry I think. However, I do wonder if the Jason case is related to the Branson Perry case as they occured within a couple of months of each other, and not too too far apart. Anyone's thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 05:21 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin023 View Post
Amen! The Franklin scandal has long since been discredited as a hoax and frankly it is not exactly relevant to this discussion.

The cases involved (such as Johnny Gosch) are too removed in time to be related to Jason or Perry I think. However, I do wonder if the Jason case is related to the Branson Perry case as they occured within a couple of months of each other, and not too too far apart. Anyone's thoughts?
hoax? Says who? We will know come judgment Day.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:30 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
hoax? Says who?
This is beyond ridiculous.

There is literally zero credible evidence that any of the allegations surrounding the Franklin conspiracy are true. Zero. Despite multiple investigations and going before a county and federal grand jury, the only people to be tried and convicted were two of the alleged victims who were found to have committed perjury and to have crafted an "elaborate hoax".

If you want to give credibility to a poorly written and unconvincing book written by a dubious character with questionable motivations of his own, that is your prerogative. Those of us who have higher standards though, would sure appreciate it if you would quit dragging out this nonsense and embarrassing our city in the process.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:38 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,609 posts, read 17,935,039 times
He's on my mind frequently. When I saw this thread pop up, I was hoping the mystery was solved.

God bless his family.

Old 03-09-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He's on my mind frequently. When I saw this thread pop up, I was hoping the mystery was solved.

God bless his family.
I feel sorry for the family. Not knowing what happened must be torturous.

Unfortunately, this is one I just don't see being solved. There were never any real leads to begin with and unless Jason met his fate at the hand of someone who had done this repeatedly, I can't imagine the killer will be caught.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:20 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times
Quote:
This is beyond ridiculous.

There is literally zero credible evidence that any of the allegations surrounding the Franklin conspiracy are true. Zero. Despite multiple investigations and going before a county and federal grand jury, the only people to be tried and convicted were two of the alleged victims who were found to have committed perjury and to have crafted an "elaborate hoax".

If you want to give credibility to a poorly written and unconvincing book written by a dubious character with questionable motivations of his own, that is your prerogative. Those of us who have higher standards though, would sure appreciate it if you would quit dragging out this nonsense and embarrassing our city in the process.
IOW you want to sweep it under the rug? Makes me want to puke!

Old 03-12-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
IOW you want to sweep it under the rug? Makes me want to puke!
There is nothing to cover up. The actions were alleged to have happened in 1988 and were investigated up to 1990 and two completely separate grand juries found no cause to indict anyone besides Alisha Owens and Paul Bonaducci (sp?), who were convicted of perjury. Owens--in case you forgot--claimed to have been repeatedly forced to have sexual intercourse with the Omaha Police Chief at the time, but yet couldn't describe some very prominent scars on his body.

At this point in time, very few of the people even alleged to have been involved in the scandal are even still alive, and the Franklin Credit Union is long since defunct. All you are doing is smearing our city with Pizzagate level idiocy everytime you bring this up.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:34 AM

752 posts, read 1,493,112 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, this is one I just don't see being solved. There were never any real leads to begin with and unless Jason met his fate at the hand of someone who had done this repeatedly, I can't imagine the killer will be caught.
Without a body and with virtually no tangible evidence, it's a case that I agree is unlikely to be solved by itself. However, I have doubts whoever is responsible only did this sort of thing one time, or that Jason was the first.
If his disappearance is ever to be solved, it will depend largely on if whomever did this gets caught up in another case he committed...then again, in recent times prolific killers have come to light decades after committing some of their murders (ie Denis Rader, the Green River killer and most recently, the very elusive Original Night Stalker--a case that had long been written off as unsolvable. Some victims were only tied to these men after their discovery). So I still say, you never know...let's keep the case alive in the public eye.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,635 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:

What killer?

Old 05-24-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What killer?
After almost two decades, I think it is safe to presume that Jason was killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha