Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 08:28 AM

236 posts, read 427,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I would rate the Lakes in the far ' Northeast " and ' Southeast region of Oklahoma most BEAUTIFUL...my Fave are the Northeastern Lakes because They Are Close To TULSA.

Tenkiller
Kerr Reservior
Greenleaf
Grand Lake of the Cherokees
The Illonois River
+1

red rock canyon got missed great camping and hiking
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,594,308 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieplumber View Post
+1

red rock canyon got missed great camping and hiking
I have not camped in Colorado or Alaska , however I was stationed in Cordova Alaska for 1 1/2 years
and remember my first walk ' in the wood's outside of town '
walked up on a big brown bear.....all
the hair on my head and neck stood up on end ( that was the last time ) that I went into the wood's
without a gun and plenty of ammo......target practice was my new past time in Alaska from then on.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,725 times
A good place to camp in Oklahoma is in Honobia . It is in the far southeastern part of the state on the Leflore and Pushmataha county lines just off State Highway 144 on Indian Trail. It is absolutely beautiful there on the banks of Honobia Creek. They have a rv park, tent camping, general store and café and gift shop. Fishing, swimming plus its close to a lot of major scenic sites and byways. And they have a big July 4th fireworks display and Friday night catfish dinners that are out of this world, people come from all around for it. Their website is honobiacreekstoreandrvpark.com check it out.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:56 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,284,608 times
I lived on Grand Lake not far from Grove. The lake is over 60 miles long with 1200 miles of shoreline. Honey Creek State Park is 33 acres for camping, It is full service with showers, etc.. and a pump out station for RV. The park is near everything including a hospital and EMT.

I don't recommend swimming. There is a new family Y nearby that is very nice. Grove is near the chain of a three mountain range in Western Arkansas. There is much to see and do in Grove and NE OK from sail to canoe to wild life. The big white birds come to feed and rest for six weeks on Grand Lake every fall. Lendonwood in Grove is a top destination for visitors who enjoy botanical gardens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma