Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:02 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,021,152 times

Advertisements

Give me half a chance, come to Tulsa area, and Schousse and I will be there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 06:12 AM

142 posts, read 346,765 times
GP thanks, Tulsa is where I was considering flying into because Fort Smith to expensive. This is where Ed and I flew into so I was also
considering OKC only to see a different area. This is quick, I actually have a day off and the sun is shining so I am off riding. Krisk

Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,804,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk590 View Post
Synopsis and Goodpasture,
I thinK GP knows why. I will be 50 in august and I just keep thinking where do I want to be in 10 yrs,5 yrs. Maine is hard place to live. I have an unbelievable hard time making through the winter and my spirit is broken. Working 40 plus hours a week then coming home with something broken my 100 plus yr old house,shoveling the roofs,basement flooding,furnace breaking 3 times during the coldest snap. Oh yeh, I've had it! ( for Synopsis we are not married,lived together for 10 yrs). Financially it is tough and it will only get tougher. I look ahead and see this and I truly feel this house is a burden. My heart is broken with his decision. I am very much in love with him and wouldv'e moved heaven and earth to make sure he was happy. I think from now on I will just stick with horses. Hopefully I will make new friends,kindred spirits.
My children are not happy with the possibility of me moving but they are grown have their own lives and I don't see them very much. I am afraid of being the old lady in a cold house waiting for her children to call or to come by and pay a visit.
Krisk
GP and Colleen,it would be great if we could meet when I come to OK.
You can count on it, Krisk. Do you have an idea when you will be arriving? We can plan some type of get-together with as many C-D'ers as can make it.

I hear ya about having a broken spirit. You do have to look out for yourself. Who knows, after you actually make the move, he may change his mind. I'm sure stanger things have happened.

Keep us posted on your plans. We'll be waiting for ya.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 04-28-2009 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote... :)

Old 04-28-2009, 09:22 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,987,246 times
[quote=colleeng47;8550183]
Quote:
I thinK GP knows why. I will be 50 in august and I just keep thinking where do I want to be in 10 yrs,5 yrs. Maine is hard place to live. I have an unbelievable hard time making through the winter and my spirit is broken. Working 40 plus hours a week then coming home with something broken my 100 plus yr old house,shoveling the roofs,basement flooding,furnace breaking 3 times during the coldest snap. Oh yeh, I've had it! ( for Synopsis we are not married,lived together for 10 yrs). Financially it is tough and it will only get tougher. I look ahead and see this and I truly feel this house is a burden. My heart is broken with his decision. I am very much in love with him and wouldv'e moved heaven and earth to make sure he was happy. I think from now on I will just stick with horses. Hopefully I will make new friends,kindred spirits.
My children are not happy with the possibility of me moving but they are grown have their own lives and I don't see them very much. I am afraid of being the old lady in a cold house waiting for her children to call or to come by and pay a visit.
Krisk
GP and Colleen,it would be great if we could meet when I come to OK.[/quote]

You can count on it, Krisk. Do you have an idea when you will be arriving? We can plan some type of get-together with as many C-D'ers as can make it.

I hear ya about having a broken spirit. You do have to look out for yourself. Who knows, after you actually make the move, he may change his mind. I'm sure stanger things have happened.

Keep us posted on your plans. We'll be waiting for ya.
He'll probably change his mind once he realizes how serious you are about this krisk. One of these days, I WILL make it up there to meet and greet...

Old 04-28-2009, 10:11 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,842,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Give me half a chance, come to Tulsa area, and Schousse and I will be there
krisk, GP and Schousse are GREAT people. They will help you if you give them a chance.

[quote=Synopsis;8551218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post

He'll probably change his mind once he realizes how serious you are about this krisk. One of these days, I WILL make it up there to meet and greet...
Yeah, yeah... we quit holding our breath... got tired of looking like Smurfs. /runs...

Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 AM

[quote=LadyRobyn;8551889]krisk, GP and Schousse are GREAT people. They will help you if you give them a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

Yeah, yeah... we quit holding our breath... got tired of looking like Smurfs. /runs...

That's hilarious LR. I promise!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Thanks to all of you and your support. GP,Schousse,Colleen,Karibear,Syn. I welcome all of you to my home if you want to visit Maine for awhile. Summers are nice,fall is great but way to short. Accommodations are not much but your welcomed to it.
Not sure exactly when I am coming end of July,1st of August for about 10 days. Fryeburg Fair is in Oct if anyone is interested?
KrisK

Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks to all of you and your support. GP,Schousse,Colleen,Karibear,Syn. I welcome all of you to my home if you want to visit Maine for awhile. Summers are nice,fall is great but way to short. Accommodations are not much but your welcomed to it.
Not sure exactly when I am coming end of July,1st of August for about 10 days. Fryeburg Fair is in Oct if anyone is interested?
KrisK
I'd love to visit your beautiful state. Thanks for the invitation. If I could do it I would. Actually, since I can work from home it may be possible. I just need to catch up on things around here since I've been in down mode for a few months of unemployment.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:20 PM

Welcome,Ladyrobin too. I dare anyone to come in January or February. That is sit around the woodstove and have a brandy time.
Looking forward to meeting some of you when I come to OK this summer and I also want to learn some OK history. Love history and it sounds like GP would have some good stories for me. Need to order the Cimmeron movie.
KrisK

Old 04-28-2009, 08:51 PM

297 posts, read 588,247 times
Quote:
Krisk
GP and Colleen,it would be great if we could meet when I come to OK.
You're from Maine, TOO!?!? COOL!

Direct Messaging you now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma