Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:13 AM

21 posts, read 66,987 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to this area from FL. We moved to FL a year ago from the Bentonville AR area. We may only be in OK for a year, so we are looking for a house to lease like we did here in FL (we still have a house in Bentonville that we finally leased).
We are looking for a home in an established neighborhood, we don't want a cookie cutter house with no character. Also, I have a gifted daughter who is 8....gifted in the way her IQ is 132 and she reads 104 words per minute versus the required 40 words per minute for a 2nd grader.
We have been looking in Owasso, my husband will be working 15 miles south of Bartlesville.
My question is....is there homes for lease and if so, can they be found on the internet?
I have actually started contacting real estate agents if I find a home for sale we like, to see if the owner would consider leasing for a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
You might try posting this in the Tulsa Forum. Some of the posters there are familiar with Owasso.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:16 PM

114 posts, read 572,662 times
Smile How do you become a travel agent?

Hi, we have 6 computers, dsl and 15 websites (selling ebook and computer utilities, Classified Ads, etc) and earning money on the internet - even a lot is possible but we haven't lately at all.

Getting into another area of internet activity might be more profitable - but I haven't a clue what area to go into or how.

I also have 3 national yellow pages but nobody uses them - even though they are advertised regularly.

Something that worked could allow anyone to live in any of these great towns in Oklahoma. <G>

MajorHart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We didn't actually look in Mo, but thought we would our next trip. The only place we are even thinking about right now is Noesha which is 1/2 way between Grove and Joplin. We just want to make sure we don't overlook anyplace as this will be our last move I am sure.

As for retiring or needing to work: I am a part time travel agent working out of the house. As long as there is DSL available (part of Grove has it, part not) I can live anywhere as many or most of my clients are even in the area I live in, Pat would like to work part time for another 5 years. We are concerned about this for him, but we may just settle for less in a house and forget about working.

later,

Nita

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 08-12-2009 at 07:20 PM..

Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,913 times
Hi Kater,
Did you say historical homes? I would really love to finally live in a community that treasures and preserves its history. Here in Las Vegas once a corporation gets tired of a place they blow it up and build a new one. My soul is longing for some history in a peaceful community where I can play golf

Old 11-25-2007, 02:55 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
Guthrie is a very historic town and beautiful. Check it out.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:20 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,355,911 times
Yes, it is beautiful and historic. I wish it were in East Oklahoma so I could visit there often.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,825 times
Default Clayton

You don't want to be here unless you are into drugs and dirty cops. Pretty country but it has been ruined by trashy people.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:33 PM

3 posts, read 6,005 times
Broken Arrow, Owasso, Duncan some of the nicest small towns in the state. Although Owasso and BA are quickly becoming "NOT SMALL" !

Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 PM

152 posts, read 370,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
You don't want to be here unless you are into drugs and dirty cops. Pretty country but it has been ruined by trashy people.
Come on now I bet you never even lived here? dirty cops and trashy people?

Check out the city of Guthrie homepage: Untitled Document

Or this: Guthrie Chamber of Commerce - Historic Guthrie Oklahoma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma