Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,547,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidPeppermint View Post

Oh, and any Baptists who aren't judgmental hypocritical PEOPLE should refrain from taking exception to this post. Not that I think any exist, but hey.
I know of ONE Baptist on this board who is not a judgemental hypocrite ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,916 times
Additional Clubs to check out are The Finish Line, Partners, The Boom, The Copa, The Park, Tramps, Pheonix Rising, The Habanna, The Wreck Room, Alibis. Most are located just east of 39th and Penn in oklahoma city

Old 08-01-2010, 06:32 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,747 times
A lot of my gay friends moved up to Braden Heights in the early 80s. BH is just north of Downtown Tulsa and has some of Tulsa's oldest homes. This neighborhood was defiantly on it knees. The gays moved in fixed up houses and breathed new life to this area. The neighborhood has really been transformed and is something to be proud of. Many of us called the neighborhood Homo Hights! LOL

The same thing has happen in the Kendall Whittier neighborhood north of midtown Tulsa.

Isn't funny how when gays move into a neighborhood it goes up, and when homophobes move in it goes down.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Homophobes think they have less to prove to society and it shows.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
A lot of my gay friends moved up to Braden Heights in the early 80s. BH is just north of Downtown Tulsa and has some of Tulsa's oldest homes. This neighborhood was defiantly on it knees. The gays moved in fixed up houses and breathed new life to this area. The neighborhood has really been transformed and is something to be proud of. Many of us called the neighborhood Homo Hights! LOL

The same thing has happen in the Kendall Whittier neighborhood north of midtown Tulsa.

Isn't funny how when gays move into a neighborhood it goes up, and when homophobes move in it goes down.
Amazing, isn't it?

Old 08-02-2010, 05:17 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
It's also amazing that gays all don't give up and leave Oklahoma with all the anti gay stories that come up in the news as in Sally Kern. If only Oklahoma had a more overall welcoming attitude toward gays, in cities big and smal, it would surely do much more worthwhile good than anything else.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's also amazing that gays all don't give up and leave Oklahoma with all the anti gay stories that come up in the news as in Sally Kern. If only Oklahoma had a more overall welcoming attitude toward gays, in cities big and smal, it would surely do much more worthwhile good than anything else.
But if we were more welcoming the geyhness would rub off on us straights and turn us into gays. You silly didn't know that?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:23 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
Standard issue at all Sally Kern homophobe voter sites?

Old 08-03-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I know a lot of friends who have moved out of Oklahoma because of the intolerance toward gays. One of my best friends transfered to Atlanta. And just two months ago two of my friends who are together as a couple moved to Kansas City area. Oh and I almost forgot, a couple I know moved to Vancouver, BC about 3 years ago. They could have stayed, but they knew they were not welcomed here. I know other who also moved but I think you get the point.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Standard issue at all Sally Kern homophobe voter sites?
OK! That is just way way way too funny!:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma