Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 PM

330 posts, read 970,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wow. Texangelwings, thank you for the input. I hear this is happening all over Texas regarding the "Texas Trans-corridor." It is as if they lock out the locals and go through the motions just to say "See? We went through the appropriate channels and nobody objects to this! Let's get moving!"

IMO, these people are a bunch of greedy, self promoting gaggle of elitists that care nothing more than to line their own pockets at the expense of generations to come. It really, really is very sad about what this country has come to.

I take great pride that Oklahoma, or at least some of their lawmakers, are standing up against this sort of thing.

I can't wait to see who rolls over in the legislature in OK. I can think of one right off the bat, Henry TURN Coates, but I wonder who else will sell their soul for a few bucks? I guess I'll get my gun powder and musket ready for the War of Independence II.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
Don't forget,, some states oppose NAFTA, and Oklahomas one of them. We won't go down without a fight.

Were allowed to carry here in OK.

So if they wanta slap leather, there's plenty of takers.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:05 PM

266 posts, read 972,275 times
Our government is becoming tyrannical.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:21 PM

New bumper stickers

Old 05-29-2008, 07:47 PM

99 posts, read 310,960 times
Default Gov. Perry of Texas is pushing the Hwy.

Quote:
Wow. Texangelwings, thank you for the input. I hear this is happening all over Texas regarding the "Texas Trans-corridor." It is as if they lock out the locals and go through the motions just to say "See? We went through the appropriate channels and nobody objects to this! Let's get moving!"

IMO, these people are a bunch of greedy, self promoting gaggle of elitists that care nothing more than to line their own pockets at the expense of generations to come. It really, really is very sad about what this country has come to.

I take great pride that Oklahoma, or at least some of their lawmakers, are standing up against this sort of thing.
Very well said! These people don't care about the American People anymore, so we have to let them know how we feel and if they don't comply with our wishes they will not be re-elected, next round!

I take pride in Texas and do not want Governor Rick Perry and his crew to destory Texas. The land that is not used along side of the Superhighway, will be given to investors to build motels, resturants, gas stations, etc. The roads will take up 149 Acres per mile. And Mexico wants the 10.000 acres in the KC Port/ actuallly the Mexican Governments Customs Office, to be declared Mexican Territory! The trailers will not be inspected on if they reach the KC Port, otherwise there will be zero inspection.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 PM

432 posts, read 669,546 times
Quote:
I think that point is in Kansas City techie.

And MK I'd also like to keep it in the Okie forum since it's about the superhighway and maybe, just maybe our state representatives (I say "our" even though I don't live there, it's still my state too) would by chance read the thread.

I know, a pipe dream. But please, let us keep it on the topic of the SPP initiative and the superhighway.

This "superhighway" is just one more instance of the federal government and international banking interests trying to impose global interests on the US.

Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever you will, but I am in complete agreement with techinomad, MK, and others on this thread; this thing HAS to be stopped.

I implore any of those out there who think this is nonsense to do their research with an open mind and decide for yourself.

All of this stuff is meant to open up our borders to international control. Many may think that is a good thing, but if you want the US economy dragged down into that of a third world country with sub-standard trucks on the roads (and that is the tip of the iceberg) just allow these people to run rough-shod over The Constitution and that is what you will get.
One reason that our Constitution is so valuable to us is that it is a standard against which to measure the actions of government officials. Even though they routinely ignore it now, the Constitution and the resulting laws still exist. They are the standard by which political leaders can be held legally accountable at any time.

If America finally succumbs to formal international control, the Constitution will be eliminated, and the potential for legal accountability will be gone.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:38 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,404,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
One reason that our Constitution is so valuable to us is that it is a standard against which to measure the actions of government officials. Even though they routinely ignore it now, the Constitution and the resulting laws still exist. They are the standard by which political leaders can be held legally accountable at any time.

If America finally succumbs to formal international control, the Constitution will be eliminated, and the potential for legal accountability will be gone.
Good point Ted...

Unfortunately the last generation or two have had it too easy and they got too soft...
I don't see them revolting anytime soon unless American Idol was taken off the air...
(And NO, I've never seen the show... But I sure am tired of hearing about it.)

They've been fed a steady diet of revisionist history and all kinds of superfluous rubbish... The media reinforces it all...

When I was in 8th grade, they made us memorize the Constitution...
Now they get a watered down interpretation in text books...

I could go on for hours, but....
(Rant Mode disengaged.)

Old 05-31-2008, 04:52 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Thumbs up I'm with ya on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Good point Ted...

Unfortunately the last generation or two have had it too easy and they got too soft...
I don't see them revolting anytime soon unless American Idol was taken off the air...
(And NO, I've never seen the show... But I sure am tired of hearing about it.)

They've been fed a steady diet of revisionist history and all kinds of superfluous rubbish... The media reinforces it all...

When I was in 8th grade, they made us memorize the Constitution...
Now they get a watered down interpretation in text books...

I could go on for hours, but....
(Rant Mode disengaged.)
I'm also tired of hearing about "American Idol or Idiots", as it should be called. I don't watch mindless TV drival such as that or any of the so called "reality TV", al a waste of time. Give me "New Yankee Work Shop" or "This Old House" any day of the week and I'm happy.

And as for the schools today? They seem to only teach the kids enough to get them out of the school and into a work force thier not ready for. I once asked a 9th grader who wrote the "Gettysburg Address" and where was the speak read at? And, he had no clue to the answer.

When we get old? WE'RE SCREWED!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I'm also tired of hearing about "American Idol or Idiots", as it should be called. I don't watch mindless TV drival such as that or any of the so called "reality TV", al a waste of time. Give me "New Yankee Work Shop" or "This Old House" any day of the week and I'm happy.

And as for the schools today? They seem to only teach the kids enough to get them out of the school and into a work force thier not ready for. I once asked a 9th grader who wrote the "Gettysburg Address" and where was the speak read at? And, he had no clue to the answer.

Quote:
When we get old? WE'RE SCREWED!:
eek:
Yep! We depend on depends cause we're at the Deepend

Old 05-31-2008, 08:44 PM

330 posts, read 970,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post

And as for the schools today? They seem to only teach the kids enough to get them out of the school and into a work force their not ready for. I once asked a 9th grader who wrote the "Gettysburg Address" and where was the speak read at? And, he had no clue to the answer.

When we get old? WE'RE SCREWED!

Gettysburg Address, good one. This is even more funny. I used to sub teach and we were talking about presidents. I pulled out a one dollar bill and asked who was the president, of course most of the students answered Washington. I pulled out a five and asked who was the president, a couple answered Lincoln cause he was the fifth president. I said what??? They said, yeah because he's on the five, he was the fifth president. I said, are you kidding? What about Washington? Yes, he was the first president, so he's on the one dollar. I said, what about the quarter? Does that make him the first 1/4 president? Funny, yet tragic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma