Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 03:16 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Well, some folks are like an ingrown toe nail. Some folks make fun of me for having a phone book.

Good to hear from you Redbird. How about some good news?
About the only good news I have is I had my ingrown toenail surgically removed! LOL just kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 02:20 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,223,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Wasn't it swake who said Oklahoma had ugly rocks next to the Oklahoma river?

I just about died laughing after I read that post. But he's not as bad as that Chicago dude who was always complaining and always coming back to the Okie forums to complain every chance he gets.
No, now the rocks are fine. It's just funny that Oklahoma City took a kinda sad flood canal, lined with bright white rocks as a shoreline, and decided to rename said canal "The Oklahoma River".

It is really strong name. Seeing as the Oklahoma River is just off Oklahoma City Blvd near the Oklahoma Land Run Monument in downtown Oklahoma City in Oklahoma County in the great state of Oklahoma. But only the part of the river in Oklahoma City was renamed The Oklahoma River. No where else. That would be "Oklahoma" overkill.

Creativity. It's what Oklahoma City is known for.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
No, now the rocks are fine. It's just funny that Oklahoma City took a kinda sad flood canal, lined with bright white rocks as a shoreline, and decided to rename said canal "The Oklahoma River".

It is really strong name. Seeing as the Oklahoma River is just off Oklahoma City Blvd near the Oklahoma Land Run Monument in downtown Oklahoma City in Oklahoma County in the great state of Oklahoma. But only the part of the river in Oklahoma City was renamed The Oklahoma River. No where else. That would be "Oklahoma" overkill.

Creativity. It's what Oklahoma City is known for.

I have to agree with you. Do you remember that story that they were supposed to have some rowing races in the Oklahoma River but they found it was polluted.

I guess they found too many Baby Ruth bars floating around! LOL

Old 04-23-2021, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I have to agree with you. Do you remember that story that they were supposed to have some rowing races in the Oklahoma River but they found it was polluted.

Yes, lack of water flow in the "river".

Standing water often becomes toxic, but then, that's not exactly like a river.

Old 04-25-2021, 04:12 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Posted this in one of my responses on another thread.

We need GoodPasture and his wife back---she was from Europe I think but has grown to love Okies.

I miss RedBird. He was my funny Friend and always brightened everyone's day with his charity and quick wit.

There was also Okie1962 who we prayed for who was so nice. I believe he passed away. He was from Eufaula I think.

Ya'll remember Synopsis? LadyRobyn? Good times.

I even miss sparring with some of the Tulsa guys like Swakester who are convinced that Tulsa is more midwest in the likeness of Chicago or St. Louis rather than Dallas or Nashville.

Ya'll know what happened to them?

Goodpasture messaged me as early as December 30th 2014 Saying that city data was trying to boot him off of the site and that he was going to leave.

He told me that I probably wasn't going to see him on city data and that he wasn't going to be there too much longer...

I told him that (City Data Forum) was also trying to kick me out of the forum and (that I probably will go before him). Goodpastures wife is (Annemieke Roll) and she was quite a firebrand that would chew me up and spit me out....

Synopsis and LadyRobiyn were moderators I believe , I know that synopsis was a moderator... And they both stood up for me when other moderators from other states try to ban me from the site.... I think that the two of them both out grew the city data forum...

Redbird is still around from that group of Okie1962 Goodpasture and his wife Annemieke Roell... And these folks have actually been in each of the houses... This is the group of people that had me in stitches and rolling across the floor laughing..

Some other posters that disappeared are NightBird47 my Caucasian sister from California...Raelyn28 my white Caucasian sister from Portland Oregon... And Rubi3 my white Caucasian sister from Oklahoma when Many on City data forum thought that I was having a interracial love affair with. I never met the (lady Rubi3) and wouldn't know her if you walked right by me on the street.

When Okie1962 died I wrote Annemieke Roell asking her about the date of the funeral of Okie1962 , and she told me that it was the wishes of Okie1962 that there will not be a burial or a funeral for him. I was even going to travel all the way from California to Oklahoma to go to Okie 1962 funeral.

Okie1962 really wanted to meet me in the flesh before he passed on to bigger and better things I'm so sorry that I never met him in person.... Goodpasture also rebuked me once for not coming to visit him when I made a Oklahoma trip and placed it on city data... How in the world you expect me to do that... nobody knows where Goodpasture lives at but Redbird...

Mattie Jo aged out or got bored with city data , (CaromelSmoothie) was one of my (cdf) friends and a poster on city data that even came out to Tulsa on a (vacation) because I sort of talked her into it she was from Virginia I believe Richmond Virginia...

L

Old 04-25-2021, 04:59 PM

I thought okie1962 was from Duncan but I may be mistaken.

Kari Bear rode with me one time when I had to go to southwestern Oklahoma to see my folks.

She was very intelligent she had a lot of birds and I think she is probably the only one in Hooterville that had a goat in her front yard to keep the grass down. LOL

Old 04-25-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:

Kari Bear rode with me one time when I had to go to southwestern Oklahoma to see my folks.

She was very intelligent she had a lot of birds and I think she is probably the only one in Hooterville that had a goat in her front yard to keep the grass down. LOL
When I was a kid, my dad moved the family from DC to Florida so he could teach and do research at U of Florida. We moved to a lake house in a rural area outside of Gainesville. My dad being kinda lazy and an out of the box thinker didn't want to mow the yard, so he bought a goat to eat the grass.

The goat turned out to only want to bite us and the dog and only eat the fruit trees. I hated that damn goat.

One day the goat made the tragic mistake of biting my dad while he was on the porch having an afternoon scotch. One of the wierdest memories I have from childhood is my dad chasing the goat around the house with a shotgun and my mom chasing my dad yelling at him to stop. My dad tried to encourage my mom to make goat steaks, but she was not into that. Not sure where the goat ended up, but then I didn't ask too much.

We got a riding lawn mower right after that.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:29 AM

17,791 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:

As a big rowing advocate I don't know exactly what you are talking about but the Oklahoma River is the site of many rowing races, hosts three collegiate rowing teams (OU, OCU, and UCO) and has one of the most state of the art boat houses in the United States.

Furthermore, for paddle sports we have held Olympic trials there and we are an official Olympic training center for whitewater paddling due to the facility we built there.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
As a big rowing advocate I don't know exactly what you are talking about but the Oklahoma River is the site of many rowing races, hosts three collegiate rowing teams (OU, OCU, and UCO) and has one of the most state of the art boat houses in the United States.

Furthermore, for paddle sports we have held Olympic trials there and we are an official Olympic training center for whitewater paddling due to the facility we built there.
https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/a...nt?oid=2948219

Old 04-27-2021, 07:34 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:

I went to Okie1962 city data page He Was Born In Checotah OK

KariBear couldve Published A City Data Cook Book

I See Yours Grapes Of Wrath References (Hooterville)::::::::::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma