Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 10:54 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,226,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
At my house one day had 100 in July and one day in August. I think Regional Cooling has been going on. Will it spread and become Global Cooling? Who knows?
Overall we are much warmer. Winters are mostly nothing anymore, we've had zero snowstorms with even as much as one inch of snow in the last six years in Tulsa. Spring and fall are warmer. But in the summer the rain doesn't stop like it used to, which makes the weather a bit cooler, but more humid in summer.

But this is why it's "climate change"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 11:02 AM

24,604 posts, read 10,921,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Overall we are much warmer. Winters are mostly nothing anymore, we've had zero snowstorms with even as much as one inch of snow in the last six years in Tulsa. Spring and fall are warmer. But in the summer the rain doesn't stop like it used to, which makes the weather a bit cooler, but more humid in summer.

But this is why it's "climate change"
You were not on my side of OK Monday when 5 inch bird baths were frozen solid and the patio looked like a skating rink.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:25 AM

3,080 posts, read 1,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I've lived in Florida and the main difference is that Oklahoma dries up a little bit when it gets really hot.

And the other irony for you is that this was the longest summer I can ever remember. This was THE WORST September I can ever remember. And what was unusual is that generally the first half of September is like August and the second half is fall. This year September was more like June.
Ok good to hear because yeah September sucked. Glad to hear it's not normally that hot.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Ok good to hear because yeah September sucked. Glad to hear it's not normally that hot.
I need to clarify that the first couple of weeks can be even hotter than even this year was............... but usually the weather breaks sometime in mid September and it is quite comfortable.

The old legend in Oklahoma is that it "always rains at the state fair"..............and that's almost always true because the state fair is set exactly during the two week period that the weather invariably breaks. This year was the exception for sure.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I was going to say this about the heat. I just moved to Stillwater in June and the summer was a huge shock to me. It was way hotter than I expected, downright miserable. It honestly felt hotter here than it did when I lived in Orlando, Florida although as others have pointed out, the season is not as long. Tornadoes terrify me too, but I think the odds are in your favor. People here don't seem overly concerned about them and they hit such a narrow path, that you'll likely never get hit, especially if you ignore tornodo prone areas like Moore, OK (Been hit twice in the past 20 years pretty badly).

That said, I think the only two options as far as cities go are OKC and Tulsa. To me they are both small and spread out. Stillwater is just too boring and slow for me, but hey, it might be right up your alley.
Past summers have been more miserable with more days in the 100s.

The recent opening of OSU's new $70 million McKnight Center for the Performing Arts will bring a variety of entertaining new acts to Stillwater that weren't coming before and make Stillwater a less boring place. I think the lack of good paying jobs is a worse problem than the boredom. It's unfortunate how in a college town one can see a number of older people working in fast food places.

True, how OKC and Tulsa are the best ways to do Oklahoma, by far. Fortunately, Stillwater is just an hour away from both.

McKnight Center pictured:

Old 12-17-2019, 09:42 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,194,063 times
Have you given any thought to Iowa. I'm in Minnesota and winters are long. My has been niece is living in Iowa full time for the past 3 years (college student, put off school full time to get her residency to get in state tuition) She says the winters are less harsh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma