Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 10:15 AM

14 posts, read 12,380 times

Advertisements

We are a quiet Lesbian couple that have been together for 19 years and want to buy a retirement home or some land to build a home on we would love to live in the mountains instead of living in the swamp too many floods. We found Flint Ridge Resort in Oklahoma on the internet and it looked liked a nice quiet and peaceful place to live we love country living. Can anyone tell us if it is LGBT friendly and would we have any problems there or should we stay far away from it.We do not know anything about the area and we live 11 hr. away so we have no way if checking it out. We would like to know if it would be worth the drive to look at. Also what about Kansas Oklahoma. We are looking for a place that we would not have any problems from other people, a place where we could make new friends easy we enjoy socializing with other people. Also does anyone know anything about Holiday Island Ar. that is another place that we found on the internet.Also not place where the coast of living is sky high. Thank you for any information you can give us it will be greatly appreciated Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 01:13 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,383,792 times
it is VERY rural. I knew several gay couples in that general area. No body gave them any grief. In fact, I believe they enjoyed living there.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:36 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,988 times
It's a beautiful area and I would think it would be fine. It's very close to Siloam Springs, which is the start of the NW Arkansas metro area and one of the fastest growing parts of the country. It's also not too far from Tahlequah, a nice college town and only about 30 minutes east of the Tulsa area.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:45 AM

14 posts, read 12,380 times
Thank you grampaTom and Swake for replying back to me. I am also a Nurse and would still need to work. Is there very many places or jobs for Nurses to get work. What about hospitals and nursing homes. Where would be the closet place or town to look for work that might have a lot of jobs to pick from. We are tired of living in a flood zone and don't want to be flooded out of our home anymore. We are getting to old to keep rebuilding back.There are places and homes down here that has never flooded and that was not in a flood zone that are now flooding. We have lived in Louisiana all are life and don't want to really move out of the southern part of the united states. We love the southern hospitality here and how you never meet a stranger. And how people will start up a conversation with you even when you are line at the grocery store or Walmart like they have known you for years. And its not because we live in a small town Baton Rouge is big. We were going to move to the Gulfport, Biloxi Ms. area when we retired but it floods homes down there often now too. That is why we have decided to move to the mountains. We were going to wait until we were completely retied but do not want to live with the flooding anymore. We have set a time line to be moved out of Louisiana within one year, no later then two years. Thats how long we believe it will take to pay down some of our debt and pay off our credit cards.And give us time to look around for a place that we might like to live and can still make a living. Because we know that we cannot make as much per hr. up there in a rural area as we do down here in the city. Baton Rouge has lots and lots of jobs because it is growing so fast. But it also has flooding and way to much crime and killing now days from getting bigger and its only getting worse. The only states that we have started looking at on the internet is around the Gatlinburg Tennessee area we know nothing about what it is like living there we have vacationed there twice and it looked nice and was very beautiful. We don't know what the coast of living is there and how much land is there, or if it would have a lot of Nursing jobs to choose from Because we have just started looking on the internet. Eureka Springs Ar. for obvious reasons. Or the area around it like Holiday Island It looked nice or the surrounding towns around Eureka Springs depending on jobs land prices and people. We know nothing about whats its like living in that area either. We have only been to Eureka Springs one time when we drove up from vacationing at Hot Springs Ar. for the night. We have been to hot springs Ar. on many vacations but its not the same as thinking about living there But we have read that there is a lot of crime there not sure if it is true or not. We will be going up there to vacation in November for 4 days so we can start looking around at the area. We are stopping off on are way up to Eureka Springs Ar. to spend 4 days looking around Hot Springs Village and Hot springs Ar. area including the Lake Hamilton area. The only reason we are looking at the Flint Ridge Resort in Oklahoma is because it had land on line for sale at a reasonable and affordable price that came up when we were trying to look at Eureka Springs Ar. and it was a gated community with lots of outdoor things to do and was very nice looking. I just don't know if we could fine the right kind of work that paid enough. We know nothing at all about about Oklahoma and what it is like to live there we have never even been there. We do have Family in Colorado Springs but it is so cold up there and the coast of living is very high. Sorry but I am new to this site is there anyway to just move my post over to a new forum like Arkansas or Tennessee without retyping it on the other forums so I would get more replies? Thanks so much for any help that you can give me

Old 10-19-2017, 06:32 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,543,384 times
I would not invest in Flint Ridge unless you don't care about resale and want to buy cheap.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,133 times
So....did you move into Flint Ridge? I'm asking because we are SERIOUSLY looking at houses in there. Any information, good or bad, would be appreciated! Thank you!

Old 03-08-2020, 02:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Or consider Mt. Scott area in southwest Oklahoma. But it's hotter during the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_H...ature=emb_logo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma