Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:29 PM

8 posts, read 46,196 times

Advertisements

I have acquired a 1.1 acre lot in Flint Ridge Resort.

I'm not sure if I should hold it or try to sell it, especially in current recession market conditions.

Does anyone here have any knowledge of this area and know what lots of this size may be appraised at?

It's in Clear Creek section. Block 8 I think. 1.1 acres. Cul de Sac lot. Uncleared.

I would like to sell if I could get even $5000 to $8000 but maybe it is better to hold for awhile?

I don't know anything about the area and the outlook for real estate in this what looks like a very nice resort. So anything any Oklahoman can tell me would likely be helpful. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Also if there is anyone who lives in Flint Ridge and would be willing to go to the lot and take some pics for me and tell me their opinion, I would be willing to pay for your time. I've never seen the lot!

Old 07-16-2009, 05:15 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Courthouse records show lots selling for as little as $69 and as much as $24,234. In fact there were 63 of them selling for between those figures with an average selling price of $1,919. This is for all three phases and the RV parks. I might suggest though that you find a Realtor to give you a CMA. In the past 12 months there were a total of 126 lots transferred.......but only 63 of them were paid for, which indicates there might be about 63 of them for sale by the county treasurer......makes for tough tough competition.

You do realize that a LOT of the value is going to be associated with proximity to amenities, the Illinois River or Flint Creek, and the view.

Just for fun, I looked up a sale of Lot 1, Block 8 of Clear Creek Area.....it sold on April 20, 2009 for $69.00 Grantor was the Delaware County Treasurer.

Here is a Satellite photo and plat map of Block 8, Clear Creek Area

In this economy I wouldn't hold my breath for anything selling for any real money...........

Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Wow, thanks Goodpasture! Looks like there is no shortage of trees. Do you know how long ago that satellite photo was taken?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:35 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Chances are that was farmland. Eastern Oklahoma is blessed with plenty of trees and rocks as it is the foothills of the Ozark Mountain range. That general area I think is down around Little Kansas. I have to warn you that southern Delaware County is poor. If that lot was on Grand Lake it would be worth $50,000 or more. Little Kansas is in the middle of nowhere. It is at least 50 miles to what you would call civilization, but the roads are great. The nearest E-W route is 412. It will take you to Siloam Springs, AR or Tulsa OK Tulsa is a good two hours by car. SS is a few miles NW of Fayetteville, maybe 20. If you've trees on that lot and it is undisturbed, wear high top boots and jeans tucked in the boots. I lived in OK for a number of years in the woods. It is not unusual to find snakes and scorpions and the other critters in areas that are not well developed.

IF you like to camp, there is a beautiful state park in Grove called Honey Creek. It is full service for RV and primitive camping. It's on the lake, but not far from shopping, restaurants and the hospital.

I had a friend who bought a doublewide and moved it into Flint Ridge. There is a community center and I want to say there are HOA fees associated with that property. They stayed a couple of years and left. It was too much isolation for them.

North is Jay OK which is probably 40 miles. Grand Lake is another 20 past Jay. Jay is the county seat.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 12,825 times
Let me know your lot number and I will check it out for you. I am very familiar with Flint Ridge. I have owned several lots there, and I go there quite often. I can send you a plat of any block in Flint Ridge including Block 8. I can send you the History on the lot also. First Off, I am NOT interested in purchasing your lot. It may be a nice lot though.(Utilities, flat, view of the lake, etc.) What usually happens is you will not be able to sell it, (local realtors will confirm this), you will get tired of paying the 50.00 per month dues to the Homeowners Association and so you quit paying them, the Association will file a lien against you and the lot, you will then give it to the Association for free,(they own over 1,000 like that now) or you will intentionally default on the 70.00 per year taxes and let the county take it for taxes. Then someone will buy it for 100.00 and start the whole process over. This happens every year. As Goodpasture stated above, this years County Tax sale couldn't even sell them all, even for just the taxes owed. I can buy you as many lots as you want for around 50.00 each. It is a very beautiful area, and a bargin if you plan on actually living there though. Only problem with that is you have a very Adverse Dominated Board of Directors that has always been corrupt. Check out their lawsuits. Send me an email address if you want some info sent. Good Luck, you're gonna need it.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 12,232 times
I too own a lot in Flint Ridge but havent for very long. Can you tell me more about the board being corrupt. Mine is an RV lot and it seems the committee that governs that part of FR has some rules that are very hard to live with.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 9,030 times
Default free lot

I have few lot want to give away,if you are interest please email me at [email]steven8505@gmail.com[/email]

Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM

41 posts, read 129,277 times
Just wondering if anyone know the process to give away a lot? and where? (POA, county, church, etc?) Can the paperwork be done through mail? Thanks.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,816 times
I have an 80 year old neighbor who owns lot #204 in the Flint Ridge RV Park #2. Last time she saw it was 27 years ago. It had an RV at that time and still pays the yearly taxes on it. If anyone can tell me the condition of the lot/RV, I will pass it on to her. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma