Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 09:00 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,994,215 times

Advertisements

I may be moving there for a job. I'm just curious how the town is doing, how the big oil company in town is doing, etc. No offense to any one that lives there but I don't want to jump onto a sinking ship if the area isn't doing well. I saw they shut down a call center recently potentially laying off 300 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 07:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Bartlesville is certainly one of the best small towns in Oklahoma and hasn't been doing bad. It's just on the stagnant side.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:56 PM

14 posts, read 12,864 times
I am considering Bartlesville and wondering if you could elaborate on why you think it's a good town? Thank you and have a good day.

FInn

Old 03-27-2018, 11:20 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
It's mainly good for being unusual for an Oklahoma town, especially when going downtown. There is the Price Tower, the only skyscraper plan of Frank Lloyd Wright that was built. Other skyscrapers are there of Phillips Petroleum. The community center built by oil money is very nice for a town the size of Bartlesville. There is a nice enclosed mall. It's also good for being a little under a hour's drive to Tulsa. So with all that plus not being real small, it offers more than the average Oklahoma town.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
When my Grandfather died in Nowata Oklahoma I moved from Tulsa Oklahoma to Nowata to live with my Grandmother , because she refused to live in the cities of Oklahoma City Oklahoma ,Tulsa or Tucson Arizona where the vast majority of our relatives lived.

Bartlesville is less than 20 miles away from the small town of Nowata and less than 50 miles away from Tulsa OK.

Nowata Oklahoma being a Bonafide small Oklahoma town makes Bartlesville look like a small or even medium size city with all of it's amenities.

Since I'm on my smartphone and can't hyperlink some of the amenities " keep an eye peeled" for me later on today as I list the amenities for both Bartlesville and Tulsa Oklahoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma