Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:40 PM

21 posts, read 67,016 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Bartlesville area. My husband will be working south of BVille about 12 miles.
Is Bartlesville a good area to look for a house, if not where should we look?

We have 2 children, our 5th grader is very active in sports...football, basketball and baseball.
Our 2nd grader cheers, and participates in gymnastics and jazz. She also is in the gifted program here in FL so we need to be in a school where she can continue this.
We also have to lease a home for a year. We are still trying to sell our home in AR that has been on the market for a year, we have been leasing here in FL.
We have leased our home in AR for the next year and have taken it off the market.
As you can see, we do move around alot so between that and still owning a house in AR, we would like to lease for a year. I haven't been able to find anything in the Bartlesville area on any of the websites I found our home here in FL on.
Any suggestion on towns, homes for lease, etc??
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 08:30 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,628,393 times
You might look in the classifieds in the Bartlesville newspaper. I saw several houses for rent at various price ranges. Here's the link:
Examiner-Enterprise

I have always heard good things about Bartlesville.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 AM

thanks, i appreciate it...i will look it over

Old 10-12-2007, 10:25 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,999,553 times
B'ville is a nice city. Several nice restaurants, Woolaroc, Tall Grass Prairie, Price Building, Mozart series.....I saw Willie Nelson in concert there about a year ago.

Working 12 miles south? That would most likely be Wal-mart's distribution center.

From there, there are four areas to look at. B'ville is first. But it is an oil town and oil is booming....rentals are going to be in demand so they are going to be expensive. Skiatook is a bit further (23 miles), and is south, but there is a lot more rentals and more modest prices. If you don't mind a drive there are some really pretty properties on Skiatook Lake. Far north Tulsa (30 miles) has some nice housing, but the schools are not that good. If you home school or put them into private (mostly Christian) schools they can get a good education. I would also look over at the Oolagah-Talala area (Talala is 15 miles east of Ramona where Wal-Mart is) Some nice rentals, pretty good schools, good recreation......Garth Brooks built in the Oolagah area.

Between these communities, there is a lot of vacant farm and ranch land with quite a few rentals that are by owners. You will have to drive around and see what you can see.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 AM

Thank you so much! I am burning up my computer looking and from what I hear the rentals are there, just not on line. I was wanting to move the end of Oct, but since we will not be able to find anything on line, I may have to push the move date to Nov some time and leave the house hunt to my husband.....YIKES!
PS, yes, the WalMart Distribution Center...

Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM

8 posts, read 32,449 times
Hey Bartlesville! I see on "google from the sky" a mobile home park nearly at Dewey around a lake (pond,maybe). Calling the number listed, it is disconnected. Does anyone know if it has changed names or owners? It looks pretty nice from the air.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:29 AM

Hi Mr Alphabet. I don't live in Bartlesville or Dewey, but it looks like you are looking at Lakeshore. It looks like a nice place on the pond, but I am not much of a fan of mobile homes in our windy state, unless it is a weekend home or something.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM

55 posts, read 299,463 times
I think your family would fit in well in Bartlesville. The schools are excellent (especially academically) and well-supported by the community. It is an oil town, but that is gradually changing as the economy there diversifies and since Phillips merged with Conoco and moved its headquarters to Houston. There used to be a TON of housing on the market there in the 90s and early 2000s, but the market may have tightened because Bville has diversified the economy and has had some recent successes and, surprisingly a good deal of population growth. Overall though, there should still be a fair amount of relatively affordable housing in town. Its a good sized town with a mall and a good deal of shopping and restaurants. I think the population is between 35,000 and 40,000. And its only about 45 minutes from Tulsa, where there is even more to do. You're best bet is to call some realtors about rentals/leases or look in the Examiner-Enterprise. Among Oklahoma communities its size, Bartlesville is one of the best.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:06 PM

8 posts, read 32,449 times
WHOA! Thanks peggydavis. I looked at Lakeshore yesterday and about 50% of it is still vacant trash from the Great Flood of 2007! If I move my mobile, I'll go to a nicer one!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:22 PM

So no wonder the phone was disconnected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma