Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Step aside, Ladies, a REAL man is here to fess up. Ya'll sittin on the back row, might want to cover your ears. Its fixin to get ugly.

My name is Redbird, and I weighed myself yesterday at the Dr.'s office. I weigh 290 pounds,(gasp from audience) and that's not just table muscle, that is pure tub-a-lard with extra fries!!

NO WONDER MY CLOTHES DON't FIT!!

During our recent cancer battle, Don went from 190 to 160 and I went from 267 to 290-something. It is sad. I am one of those people that are called stress eaters, and I eat when I am happy, and sad, and bored, etc.

I am finding to lose weight is going to be like giving up alcohol and drugs. I am the kind of person that has to replace it with something. So I am going to go back to Tae Kwon Do. At least I will be a deadly chubmonster, instead of a loving chubby butterbean.

In the last two years, I've gone from 165 to 180; mostly because I haven't exercised the way I normally do. In the last year it has been because of this sciatic nerve problem. I used to run, but can't even walk more than 100 ft without being in severe pain now. I'm working to get this fixed so I can be the lean mean fighting machine I was before!!

redbird, you can do it if you set your mind to it! tae kwon do is an excellent way to get back into shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 08:55 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I didn't know they made brown sugar in splenda. I think I will get some new oatmeal and some raisins. Are you still off work, Colleen?

Late night snacking is what will ruin my diet. I have been cleaning up my garden and getting it ready for planting, so that has been good exercise. My neighbor gave me a new dog, so he is exercising me too.
i found it in my supermarkets here in nj.

yes, i'm still off work. the cast is supposed to come off 2/14. i'm waiting to hear from human resources about getting temporary disability since i don't have any sick time from last year and i haven't "earned" any so far this year.

do you prepare your garden so early every year? we don't start that until around mid-march here.

late night snacking is my downfall, too.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:15 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,622,556 times
I did pretty good yesterday. I ate salad for lunch yesterday with only a drizzle of dressing. I mostly rode in the car yesterday so exercise was out.

I am really just cleaning the garden up from last year. That and adding compost to my beds. I think I will plant some snap peas this week just to see what happens.

I hope you do get the temporary disability.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
i keep splenda brown sugar and log cabin sugar free pancake syrup to put in my oatmeal when i want the brown sugar and maple taste. it's pretty good. i happen to be a morning person, so i like breakfast. today im fixing french toast with whole wheat grain bread with the sugar free syrup. yum!
Thanks Colleen, what a good suggestion with Splenda and sugar free syrup!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:04 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,622,556 times
Today I bought oatmeal, brown sugar splenda, and raisins. So tomorrow hopefully there will be snow and I will have a healthy breakfast.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:09 PM

Do any of you make smoothies? How much sugar do you use? I'm trying to make one similar to Sonics berry smoothie.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:19 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,326,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Do any of you make smoothies? How much sugar do you use? I'm trying to make one similar to Sonics berry smoothie.
I sort of do, but I don't know what Sonic smoothies are like. Mostly I use bananas, milk, and raw eggs. If I have any, I add ice cream, which is usually a sugar-fee kind. Once in awhile, I use some other kind of frozen berries, but I usually let them thaw for a bit before dumping them in the blender [it's the pits when a blender blade breaks]. Or if I feel particularly extravagant, I add malt powder. If you don't care for the flavor straight, you can add any kind of sweetener you want, like maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:46 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Today I bought oatmeal, brown sugar splenda, and raisins. So tomorrow hopefully there will be snow and I will have a healthy breakfast.
i can't believe you guys are having snow again. we haven't had a lick of snow yet!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I sort of do, but I don't know what Sonic smoothies are like. Mostly I use bananas, milk, and raw eggs. If I have any, I add ice cream, which is usually a sugar-fee kind. Once in awhile, I use some other kind of frozen berries, but I usually let them thaw for a bit before dumping them in the blender [it's the pits when a blender blade breaks]. Or if I feel particularly extravagant, I add malt powder. If you don't care for the flavor straight, you can add any kind of sweetener you want, like maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar.
Thanks karibear. I made one the other day with banana, strawberries, strawberry yogurt, ice. I didn't add any extra sweetener, which I should have because it wasn't sweet enough for me. Sonics' was thicker and much sweeter.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:43 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,326,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Thanks karibear. I made one the other day with banana, strawberries, strawberry yogurt, ice. I didn't add any extra sweetener, which I should have because it wasn't sweet enough for me. Sonics' was thicker and much sweeter.
I haven't tried it with yogurt, it's too expensive here - close to a dollar for one of those little bitty cartons! Maybe once I get settled in OK I can start making my own again. I never use ice cubes, I've killed a couple blenders that way in the past. Now I have a nice nearly-new Magic Bullet and I am NOT going to risk it. I also don't care for sweet stuff, with certain exceptions, like chocolate and home made ice cream. And a few other things that I won't torture anyone by mentioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma