Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:20 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times

Advertisements

So did everybody weigh in sometime? I KNOW none of the ladies will tell how much they weigh..., but anyone have any GOOD NEWS to report?

As in, anybody lose any weight yet?

That's a negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,795,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
So did everybody weigh in sometime? I KNOW none of the ladies will tell how much they weigh..., but anyone have any GOOD NEWS to report?

That's a negative.
i've lost either 1 or 2 lbs depending on how much my cast weighs

Old 01-14-2008, 05:34 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,945,034 times
You guys are not doing anything good for my diet! Seriously, I love pork ribs; they are heaven on earth, food wise, for me.

Down here in Hurst, there is a chain restaurant (not Chili's, but another name like that; dangit if I could just recall) that makes THE BEST babyback pork ribs I have ever had. They are so good that they melt in your mouth. I'll recall the name shortly and be sure to post. Man, those ribs are the greatest.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,834,307 times
*clears throat nervously*

Hi! I am LadyRobyn and I just realized I have put on 10 lbs over the holidays. (I blame it on being sick/sedentary and eating too much of my own cooking. )

So what's the plan??

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

That's a negative.
So, if I tell does that mean I'm not a lady??

Redbird, stay away from those instant oatmeal packs they are LOADED with sugar! Get a canister of regular instant oatmeal, use less sugar (or artificial stuff *blech* ) and add some fruit. You can still *nuke* it in the same amount of time.

Eat a good breakfast, a solid lunch and a 'light' supper. You need *fuel* when you are active during the day, but not as much before you sleep. But with diabetes you need to have a healthy snack before bedtime so your sugars don't drop too much while you are sleeping.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:22 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,331,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
*clears throat nervously*

Hi! I am LadyRobyn and I just realized I have put on 10 lbs over the holidays. (I blame it on being sick/sedentary and eating too much of my own cooking. )

So what's the plan??

So, if I tell does that mean I'm not a lady??

Redbird, stay away from those instant oatmeal packs they are LOADED with sugar! Get a canister of regular instant oatmeal, use less sugar (or artificial stuff *blech* ) and add some fruit. You can still *nuke* it in the same amount of time.

Eat a good breakfast, a solid lunch and a 'light' supper. You need *fuel* when you are active during the day, but not as much before you sleep. But with diabetes you need to have a healthy snack before bedtime so your sugars don't drop too much while you are sleeping.
Hah! MY idea of good food is anything someone else cooks and cleans up the mess after. Eating my own cooking for very long turns it into a diet - and puts weight on my dog, who loves the treats. Plus I am not a morning person, so 'breakfast' tends to be more like 'lunch.'

A comment about the instant oatmeal: quick oats fixes in a microwave just as fast and easily as those cute little packets that cost so much more and have all those chemicals. I prefer the old fashioned kind, I put the oatmeal in a non-stick pan with lots of water whenever I get up, and turn it on as low as possible. Anywhere from half an hour to an hour later it's ready, and I've had enough coffee to face food.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,379,472 times
But, brown sugar and maple is so good! Seriously, as soon as my box is gone, I'll start eating the "plain" instant ones.
My healthy lifestyle change for this week is to ride my recumbent bike at least 5 days a week.
I haven't weighed to see if I've lost any, but, will weigh tomorrow at the drs. office. I want to check my scales with theirs.
So, I'm eating oatmeal for breakfast most days. (not a morning person either)
Changed from table salt to a salt substitute. Unfortunately, I have high blood pressure, and have been taking medicine for it for about a year and a half.
Started riding recumbent bike.

Last edited by Jess5; 01-14-2008 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: add something

Old 01-15-2008, 05:46 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,361,776 times
I am still trying. Lost 3 lbs. But I go up and down as to what is available to me. If sweets are available I go up 3 lbs.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times
Red face Confession

Step aside, Ladies, a REAL man is here to fess up. Ya'll sittin on the back row, might want to cover your ears. Its fixin to get ugly.

My name is Redbird, and I weighed myself yesterday at the Dr.'s office. I weigh 290 pounds,(gasp from audience) and that's not just table muscle, that is pure tub-a-lard with extra fries!!

NO WONDER MY CLOTHES DON't FIT!!

During our recent cancer battle, Don went from 190 to 160 and I went from 267 to 290-something. It is sad. I am one of those people that are called stress eaters, and I eat when I am happy, and sad, and bored, etc.

I am finding to lose weight is going to be like giving up alcohol and drugs. I am the kind of person that has to replace it with something. So I am going to go back to Tae Kwon Do. At least I will be a deadly chubmonster, instead of a loving chubby butterbean.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:39 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,795,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
But, brown sugar and maple is so good! Seriously, as soon as my box is gone, I'll start eating the "plain" instant ones.
My healthy lifestyle change for this week is to ride my recumbent bike at least 5 days a week.
I haven't weighed to see if I've lost any, but, will weigh tomorrow at the drs. office. I want to check my scales with theirs.
So, I'm eating oatmeal for breakfast most days. (not a morning person either)
Changed from table salt to a salt substitute. Unfortunately, I have high blood pressure, and have been taking medicine for it for about a year and a half.
Started riding recumbent bike.
i keep splenda brown sugar and log cabin sugar free pancake syrup to put in my oatmeal when i want the brown sugar and maple taste. it's pretty good. i happen to be a morning person, so i like breakfast. today im fixing french toast with whole wheat grain bread with the sugar free syrup. yum!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:04 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,627,390 times
I didn't know they made brown sugar in splenda. I think I will get some new oatmeal and some raisins. Are you still off work, Colleen?

Late night snacking is what will ruin my diet. I have been cleaning up my garden and getting it ready for planting, so that has been good exercise. My neighbor gave me a new dog, so he is exercising me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma